Sign in to follow this  
OptiKill34

What's the best DayZ tutorial to read?

Hey guys and gals,

What's the best DayZ tutorial to read to help me with everything to know about DayZ?

Thanks in advanced   B)

I would say the best way to learn this game is to jump right in.

Its in alpha, so a lot of things are in flux right now. Reading a guide even from a month ago might give you incorrect information.

• Like 1

Hey guys and gals,

What's the best DayZ tutorial to read to help me with everything to know about DayZ?

Thanks in advanced   B)

Read Ella's Standalone Guide right here in the forums, it's got a lot of good stuff in it.

Then there are plenty of other intros and tips on youtube

(and it's true as TomatoSupra says, some things change every couple of weeks)

Best thing to do is start playing, get killed a lot and find out all the different ways that can happen, then start trying to avoid death. It's not easy!

By the time you've been killed 6 or maybe 10 times you start having some ideas, and you know what questions to ask.

Also you can ask players in the game - but mainly they might shoot you, rob you, or make you drink disinfectant, or break your legs,

- but some might be friendly.

Enjoy.

Edited by pilgrim

The best way to learn the game is simply by playing, the fun is in surviving a little longer each time.

I think it will become boring quickly if you read tutorials and completely bypass that.

• Like 1

We just started playing and then looked up the answers to the questions that arose.

Also keep an eye out on the change logs, they're the best source of information for new features