Sign in to follow this  
degude

Syringe darts for blowpipe and air rifle/gun

Hi,

It would be so awesome if there would be syringe darts (tranquilizer dart), which you could shoot with a blowpipe or an air rifle. Imagine all the fun, you could fill the syringe with whatever you want; poison, anesthetics, alcohol, air, water or anything thats liquid. Kind of, "Hey, what happens if I put this liquid into a human body?" :P

It would be a nice stealth weapon for hunting and trolling (or even killing) other players. Normal "blowpipe darts" could be used as decoise for zombies. A compatible air rifle/gun would also be nice, but I don't know if it generally would be worth the space to take those, maybe in the early game. But air rifles and guns are lounder but have a way better range.

Effects of the different fillings for the syringe:
- Poison should kill after some time. Maybe treatable with antibiotics (not sure if that works, I doubt it though)

- Anesthetics make unconscious after some time. Maybe treatable too.

- Alcohol makes you drunk, since "being drunk" is coming, it would be funny to make random people drunk :P

- Air causes air embolism, which can be deadly. More dangerous if the player doesn't lay down (tratment for air embolism is to lay down on the left side), sometimes reanimation required.

- Water (depending how clean it is) makes you sick.

Maybe the syringe darts could also be fired with the crossbow, I think it should work. (Maybe instead of the air rifle)

Syringe dart:

aktuelles_gewehrpfeile.jpg

(These rifles are gas poweres, but air-compressed exist too)

gewehr.jpg

EDIT: Sorry guy, I just saw there are plenty tranquilizer topics, I didn't search for "tranquilizer" (stupid translation programm), but this is still somehow different ssince I focus on the "filling" of the dart  ;)

Edited by degude
  • Like 1

BTW: This, "Let's put random liquids into a human." should be available for the basic syringe too. Like feeding bad food to handcuffed people.

EDIT: I made a topic for that.

Edited by degude

Hi,

It would be so awesome if there would be syringe darts (tranquilizer dart), which you could shoot with a blowpipe or an air rifle. Imagine all the fun, you could fill the syringe with whatever you want; poison, anesthetics, alcohol, air, water or anything thats liquid. Kind of, "Hey, what happens if I put this liquid into a human body?" :P

It would be a nice stealth weapon for hunting and trolling (or even killing) other players. Normal "blowpipe darts" could be used as decoise for zombies. A compatible air rifle/gun would also be nice, but I don't know if it generally would be worth the space to take those, maybe in the early game. But air rifles and guns are lounder but have a way better range.

Effects of the different fillings for the syringe:

- Poison should kill after some time. Maybe treatable with antibiotics (not sure if that works, I doubt it though)

- Anesthetics make unconscious after some time. Maybe treatable too.

- Alcohol makes you drunk, since "being drunk" is coming, it would be funny to make random people drunk :P

- Air causes air embolism, which can be deadly. More dangerous if the player doesn't lay down (tratment for air embolism is to lay down on the left side), sometimes reanimation required.

- Water (depending how clean it is) makes you sick.

Maybe the syringe darts could also be fired with the crossbow, I think it should work. (Maybe instead of the air rifle)

Syringe dart:

aktuelles_gewehrpfeile.jpg

(These rifles are gas poweres, but air-compressed exist too)

gewehr.jpg

EDIT: Sorry guy, I just saw there are plenty tranquilizer topics, I didn't search for "tranquilizer" (stupid translation programm), but this is still somehow different ssince I focus on the "filling" of the dart  ;)

This is a great idea. I think it would be awesome to knock someone unconcsious for a short time without having to kill them. However, there would have to be some way to like "Pull dart out" and that might become tricky.

You getting ready to do some grade-A "It puts the lotion on her skin"-business with semi-real people, degude! Remind me to stay far, far away from you in-game. Especially your fascination with air-bubbles ...

But yeah, darts are cool! It was already suggested a few times, I think they should only include a dart that will knock you unconscious eventually. Like after a few minutes? Give someone a chance to fight back or apply treatment and negate the effect (At the cost of like a blurry screen or whatever). Shouldn't be all powerful.

This is a great idea. I think it would be awesome to knock someone unconcsious for a short time without having to kill them. However, there would have to be some way to like "Pull dart out" and that might become tricky.

Well those darts are reusable in real life.

You getting ready to do some grade-A "It puts the lotion on her skin"-business with semi-real people, degude! Remind me to stay far, far away from you in-game. Especially your fascination with air-bubbles ...

Don't worry, I'm a nice guy :P

Suggested many times yes ,but this thread let's us talk about using those "bad"berries (I think red) in the environment to good use .. We could crush the berries up with mortar and pestle and suck the liquid up with a syringe to apply to the dart , they'd be the most readily available poison around seeing as you can farm them off of bushes , although it would take 2-3 of these "bad berry darts" to knock out a full grown adult survivor..

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Suggested many times yes ,but this thread let's us talk about using those "bad"berries (I think red) in the environment to good use .. We could crush the berries up with mortar and pestle and suck the liquid up with a syringe to apply to the dart , they'd be the most readily available poison around seeing as you can farm them off of bushes , although it would take 2-3 of these "bad berry darts" to knock out a full grown adult survivor..

Sounds nice, didn't think about that. Maybe if they add some kind of poison, one syringe should be enough. And remember it goes directly to the blood in full concentration