Sign in to follow this  
OmpaLompa

Ability to Store any weapon in a backpack

Title is the suggestion: similar to the mod (haven't played)

Just seems a bit stupid you cannot store something like a M4 into a backpack (especially the mountain ones) don't know how many times I have found a extra weapon that my mates could really use, yet cannot at least attempt to store it into a backpack.

Should of course take up plenty of room, depending on the weapon. Certain weapons are perhaps too long (Mosin/future sniper rifles?)

Just a quick suggestion, Thoughts?

I agree an M4 can be broken into a upper and lower receiver for easy stowage and AK rifles would fit in that mountain backpack with little effort. This belongs in the Suggestions forum.

I agree an M4 can be broken into a upper and lower receiver for easy stowage and AK rifles would fit in that mountain backpack with little effort. This belongs in the Suggestions forum.

Whoops, could somebody move?

Title is the suggestion: similar to the mod (haven't played)

Just seems a bit stupid you cannot store something like a M4 into a backpack (especially the mountain ones) don't know how many times I have found a extra weapon that my mates could really use, yet cannot at least attempt to store it into a backpack.

Should of course take up plenty of room, depending on the weapon. Certain weapons are perhaps too long (Mosin/future sniper rifles?)

Just a quick suggestion, Thoughts?

I like the idea of having the ability to, but not so easily. Maybe add a collapsing/folding stock as an attachment for m4 and other guns? This stock could be found just like any other attachment, and added to most guns to allow them to fit.

1- empty your hands and empty your back of 'main weapon'

2- pick up the weapon you wish to 'store' for your friends.   *you will not be able to access this weapon easily*

3- that weapon is now on your back

4- look at weapon you wish to wield yourself/were already using

5- scroll mouse wheel while maintaining xhair on #4

6- take <weapon> into hands

7- that weapon is now in your hands and ready to fire *you will not be able to perform any functions that involve you holding something else in your hand without dropping this weapon (will happen automatically).  Also will drop when climbing ladders*

problem solvered.  You now have a backpack free, fireaxe, weapon on your back and weapon in your hands.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

1- empty your hands and empty your back of 'main weapon'

2- pick up the weapon you wish to 'store' for your friends.   *you will not be able to access this weapon easily*

3- that weapon is now on your back

4- look at weapon you wish to wield yourself/were already using

5- scroll mouse wheel while maintaining xhair on #4

6- take <weapon> into hands

7- that weapon is now in your hands and ready to fire *you will not be able to perform any functions that involve you holding something else in your hand without dropping this weapon (will happen automatically).  Also will drop when climbing ladders*

problem solvered.  You now have a backpack free, fireaxe, weapon on your back and weapon in your hands.

This is a good trick for carrying two weapons. But you will drop the weapon in your hands on the ground everytime you do pretty much anything.

- Climbing ladders.

- Eating Food/Bandaging/Using any other Item.

- Trying to use the hotbar at all.

yup.  Pretty sure even reading the map.

but pro-tip:  NEVER TAKE OUT YOUR COMPASS AGAIN!

1-open inventory

2-inspect compass (lid open)

3-tooltip graphic will display heading at time of 'inspection'

you never need to hold this puppy in your hands again :) your hands can be better spent holding other useful tools of death, while the tooltip display is semi-transparent :)

also be careful of dropping weapons / things in conifers. They frequently hide themselves up in the branches.

Good luck!

Edited by q.S Sachiel

yup.  Pretty sure even reading the map.

but pro-tip:  NEVER TAKE OUT YOUR COMPASS AGAIN!

1-open inventory

2-inspect compass (lid open)

3-tooltip graphic will display heading at time of 'inspection'

you never need to hold this puppy in your hands again :) your hands can be better spent holding other useful tools of death, while the tooltip display is semi-transparent :)

also be careful of dropping weapons / things in conifers. They frequently hide themselves up in the branches.

Good luck!

Even better protip learn how to tell where you are via the terrain until the point you do not need a compass taking up space. 

compass gives bearing not location, but yeah.

atm i've got 2x yellow cases and 2x 300 boxes so space isn't an issue :)

It's been brought up many times, in the mod you could store weapons in backpacks etc. so I cannot imagine this not being in the standalone. Really no need for moving it to suggestions it won't happen for quite some time until the core features are fixed. Until then just hold it in your hands and keep one on your back.