Sign in to follow this  
Wili

Gather 3D Apples directly from the trees

We already have the 3D models of the apples, fresh apples are spawning inside houses, I think it would be much better if the fresh apples spawn in the tree, the actual mechanic is really boring. This way you really will need to search for apples around the apple trees. Also it could work for berries too, finding the 3d model of the berries instead of searching for berries message. 

KknyGfq.jpg

Edited by Wili
  • Like 4

This sounds like a perfect idea, and I was thinking the same when I first started picking apples, but even though it's so small, imagine the effect on performance. A couple apples per tree x The number of apple trees + A couple berries per bush x The number of bushes

This sounds like a perfect idea, and I was thinking the same when I first started picking apples, but even though it's so small, imagine the effect on performance. A couple apples per tree x The number of apple trees + A couple berries per bush x The number of bushes

A way around this could be to load, say, 20 apples into a tree as a single model. Once the player has picked x amount of apples, the model switches to another one, until the tree is picked clean, in which case the model is removed. This would only requrie the code to keep up with however many there are left.

If the engine is capable of that, of course, mostly speaking from experience with other games and mods.

Edited by Santa fox
  • Like 1

By the animation it seems like the survivor is actually searching for apples on the ground. This idea is nice, but there might be a performance issue with the number of apples (which would probably double the loot on the server).