Sign in to follow this  
Zodiax

Gas mask and Helmet

Seeing that you can wear the gasmask with almost every peice of head gear, I think the gas mask should be able to be worn the a millitary helmet, it would make a lot more sense seeing that even the millitary now a'days wear them with their helmets, The gask mask and boonie hat look great but it doesent really make as much sense as the helmet and gas mask would do. I have taken into note that maybe the other masks like the wolf mask and what not wouldn't look as good as the gask mask would with the military helmet and wouldent make much sense eather. But it would be really nice to be able to wear the gas mask with the military helmets. I really hope this gets taken into consideration. :)

Edited by Zodiax
  • Like 1

I also want this in, I want my head to be fully camo & protected :D!

• Like 1

There are clipping issues.

k7nD2B1.jpg

You worry about clipping on that? Focus Daniel-san... Focus!

my personal, anecdotal experience from the last twenty years of gaming is, that players prefer clipping items over no items.

This is actually one of my personal disappointments in DayZ: clothing, attire, character models and animations. We cant have hoods. we cant combine masks and helmets. we cant have coats. even the crappiest F2P MMOs like STO have physics-affected, flowing capes and coats. But its obviously beyond the tech available to BI to create such things.

in typography, we have ligatures. two letters, whose form would collide when typed together, are combined into a single glyph. whenever you type those two letters adjacent to each other, the system replaces them with the ligature.

its an easy solution for such a clipping issue, having a model for the mask, a model for the helmet, and a model of a perfectly fitting, non-clipping combination of both. i dont understand why this cannot be realized here.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

Yea I was quite disappointed when they took that out , everyone loved that look and now with the new outfits and helmets it would have been badass ... I would rock all black with a black military ballistics helmet and black vest :) but ya I think only the developers truly saw the "clipping" as an issue which is funny cuz there are new items that clips into clothing still that they haven't even noticed :P

k7nD2B1.jpg

Like half the items in the game clip ...

My ax appears to have the handle protruding through my spine

My high cap vest clips with the guns I hold

All the other hats people wear with the gasmask clip with it.

Why take the joy of wearing gas mask with ballistic helmet away from us :( ?

This really should be put back in, they are designed to be worn together and there are a ton of other clipping issues with other hats and masks that still remain possible to combine.

I sure am glad they took the time to remove that game breaker.

I do really not see any reason for this not to be in the game, even more so as both the gasmask and helmet are pretty much useless at this time. As mentioned, pretty much every single item clips in some way, too, so that shouldn't be a valid reason for removing it.

k7nD2B1.jpg

Meh.  We don't mind.  Its a alpha I think they should have left it in.  those clipping issues don't seem game breaking or even slightly breaking to me.  

The UK Assault vest should then be non compatible with a rifle. It would have been nicer to make a second skin for the gas mask that adjusts for the MICH.

If clipping was actually the problem, then they should disable the ability to wear hats as the female character because her hair bun clips through some of them.

Same logic, different situations, both bad ideas.

Edited by mullraugh