Since there are boats in the game it would be neat if you added islands , so theres more places to explore. Maybe a tropical island , there are addons for servers.

There is an island. Just set up shop there.

Can't guarantee it'll be fun, but it's probably as close as you'll get to your suggestion.

A tropical island wouldn't really fit the current climate/continent of Day Z. I agree that more exploration is needed, I just don't know if this is the right way.

BIS is looking at providing an expanded map, with more enterable buildings, more cities, and hopefully more opportunities like Islands for DayZ, its been stated in a few interviews.

BIS is looking at providing an expanded map' date=' with more enterable buildings, more cities, and hopefully more opportunities like Islands for DayZ, its been stated in a few interviews.

[/quote']

But that would be for Arma 3, would it not?

BIS is looking at providing an expanded map' date=' with more enterable buildings, more cities, and hopefully more opportunities like Islands for DayZ, its been stated in a few interviews.

[/quote']

But that would be for Arma 3, would it not?

As far as I know, no. The Arma 3 map is not an expanded Chernarus. It's an entirely different map that is much, much more expansive than the Arma 2 map. So the scale of it all will increase dramatically.