lucianpin

What is the anti-aliasing low/high 2x, 4x, FSAA, MSAA?

I have searched every where including this forum and I can't find the equivalent (2x, 4x) anti-aliasing settings for DayZ. Almost every game display 2x, 4x or something. Just for my information I would like to know what DayZ is using. What algorithm, what setting.

I discovered also that for anisotropic filtering DayZ is limited to 8x even when you choose Texture Filtering Very High. So I set from driver 16x and I really notice a difference and this confirms that DayZ Very High is not the maximum (16x).

Now are you asking what anti-aliasing IS? I'm assuming not...

I'm pretty sure it's the usual 2x, 4x, 8x, but I usually don't f*@& with AA because my computer isn't good enough to do such wonderful things lol

I am curious what means Very High? = 4x and what type FSAA, MSAA?...

Edited by lucianpin

if your wondering just what AA is this youtuber describes it perfectly.

• Like 1

What it is? Disabled. That's what.

What is the algorithm used by DayZ for anti-aliasing? Is it MSAA? FSAA?

What is the meaning for each setting from Very Low to Very High? 2x - 8x?

Is there anybody who knows this?

What is the algorithm used by DayZ for anti-aliasing? Is it MSAA? FSAA?

What is the meaning for each setting from Very Low to Very High? 2x - 8x?

Is there anybody who knows this?

Merged.

Please quit posting your questions in General Discussion, we have the New Player area for that.

Also, there is no need to make a new topic on the same subject as one you already have open.

Merged.

Please quit posting your questions in General Discussion, we have the New Player area for that.

Also, there is no need to make a new topic on the same subject as one you already have open.

It seems everybody misundestood the question. And this is not realated to new players...

And this is not realated to new players...

CWKpxPu.png

If you want to discuss moderation any further, take it to PM.

• Like 1

I saw a lot of questions in General Discussion. Anyway, I don't understand your rules, I will delete my account and stop visiting this forum. You treat me with no respect. It was not a crime discussing about actual anti-aliasing implementations in general discussion. I was not asking for tutorials, guides, etc.... Anyway, I give up.....

You were not treated disrespectfully and no one said you commited a crime. You were just asked to stop posting several topics, and to post in the correct area. Most people would just say "sure, okay. No biggie".

People were trying to help you, you know. Sometimes a little patience goes a long way.

• Like 2

I saw a lot of questions in General Discussion. Anyway, I don't understand your rules, I will delete my account and stop visiting this forum. You treat me with no respect. It was not a crime discussing about actual anti-aliasing implementations in general discussion. I was not asking for tutorials, guides, etc.... Anyway, I give up.....

Noone has disrespected you, you were merely pointed in the right direction where to post your topics and your topic has been merged. There is no reason to have hard feelings, as there are no drawbacks to that. We're here to make this a better place for all of us, including yourself, which is why you were pointed in that direction in a nice way.

However, if you have the feeling as if you were treated disrespectfully, please do take it to PM with the Moderator in question, or someone else from the Staff to sort it out. That should be it - let the topic carry on.

Moderators:

We are people like the rest of you and we are all susceptible to emotions and 16 hour days. Moderators will treat everyone equally, which includes other moderators. Should it be felt that the moderators are overstepping their boundaries, please contact them or boneboys directly via PM; at most parts of the day, moderators are very friendly people and should be willing to listen. However please refrain from posting it publicly if it involves only a single moderator as it usually ends up turning into a bashing session and would just end up with everyone in the shits.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

All I said was: "It seems everybody misundestood the question. And this is not realated to new players..."

I justified the creation of a new topic, and because I was not looking for tutorials I thought it was the good place in general discussion.

At this stage I didn't protest and I would have left the things this way.

But

Max Planck

don't draw me arrows, because I can understand many things and maybe I am older than you or maybe close. Let's delete this topic please.

It's MSAA. You could also say FSAA, like Arma 3 does, but they're the same in this case, MSAA is just a special case of FSAA which is an obsolete term used for MSAA...

It's MSAA. You could also say FSAA, like Arma 3 does, but they're the same in this case, MSAA is just a special case of FSAA which is an obsolete term used for MSAA...

Thank's