Sign in to follow this  
con_hathy (DayZ)

A bow slot

I think that a slot for the makeshift bow might be a good idea. No one wants to keep it as their primary weapon, so maybe they could just sling it over their gear so they can save it for hunting. 

• Like 2

its a good idea, maybe include the crossbow and any future primitive weapons in this slot. however, its kind of unrealistic. You already have a melee weapon, a gun, and a backpack on your back, there really isn't room for much else. I agree that nobody wants it as primary weapon, but it just seems unrealistic to have that much stuff on your back.

I thought I read somewhere that the stick could occupy the melee weapon slot(?).  maybe if you could unstring it and put it back there?

not a problem for the vast majority of us though - you'd think a stick would be easier to find than an assault rifle...

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 3

I thought I read somewhere that the stick could occupy the melee weapon slot(?).  maybe if you could unstring it and put it back there?

not a problem for the vast majority of us though - you'd think a stick would be easier to find than an assault rifle...

Having it take the melee slot would be best.

Having it take the melee slot would be best.

Or not, i don't see why we can't put the bow/crossbow below the backpack

My topic here, point [8] http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202269-my-huge-suggestion-list-long-topic/

Bow/Crossbow are MORE a tactical and hunting stuff than a weapon, it should NEVER in ANY way replace existing weapon or melee weapons.

We NEED them, long range (more than direct hit) stuff such as gun/riffle and short range one for when zombies agros such as melee.

Bow and Crossbow are actually bad enough, bad precision, low range, poor damage, need a bench of time to be reload and the arrow are already way enough place consuming in this game where place become a pain, if nothing is done the game will be unplayable cause of pen taking the same volume as a canned food, while we can group 40 .45 bullets we can't group more than 6 arrow, they are ridiculously too extremely rare and not craftable, i don't think a lot of people have already get killed by a bow in this game, even with the crossbow.

And even if it is fixed, it will still be pretty useless, never bring it in a gunfight, and when zombies are around you and close enough, it still useless.

And by the way we can already have melee + riffle + at least 3 (if we want even 4 or 5) different  pistols + their bullets in our inventory, it will take place but we can do it, it will NOT in ANY WAY, NEVER make anyone stronger.

Even if someone trying to have a protector case inception everywhere and get 10 pistols in his inventory, he will NOT be stronger.

So even if irl we can fit things on the side of the backpack : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91Bk%2B1TEI-L._SL1500_.jpg

We ALSO can fit them ON the backpack http://www.eberlestock.com/F3HSbowqtr2xs.jpg

In fact google image "bow backpack" and you will see that this is what pretty much everyone doing, cause putting it like this : http://www.bowtote.com/images/rnav-mainpic.jpg is not a brilliant idea, anyway its more something we will use for silent kill on zombies or hunting than attack any player or defend from an attacking zombies...

In fact we NEED MORE slots, the best will be back big weapon (SKS, AKM and others) OR small (M4 and smaller, such as P90 or others small weapon) in the front like this : https://www.flickr.com/photos/theripepunani/6229208493/ for the primary weapon

Melee like actually

A Leg Holster for a pistol/revolver (that DON'T need to choose between tactical vest and him)

And a more tactical/utility stuff than a weapon such as bow/crossbow, shovel or Farming Hoe which are anyway bad for fight, mainly with the actual messy/bugged melee hitbox.

So NO for replacing any of the primary or melee weapon with a bow, it will be UNPLAYABLE, mainly with the bad too much procedure and not human at all "maneuverability" and agility of the character.

Primary, Melee, Side and Utility slot !!!

• Like 1

its a good idea, maybe include the crossbow and any future primitive weapons in this slot. however, its kind of unrealistic. You already have a melee weapon, a gun, and a backpack on your back, there really isn't room for much else. I agree that nobody wants it as primary weapon, but it just seems unrealistic to have that much stuff on your back.

actually the way some people carried bows was to sling them over their shoulders and use the actual string of the bow as a backpack strap. This could defiantly fit over a backpack, or under it, and its more realistic than a ax magically floating next to your backpack.

Honestly I've never seen a single person use them that I've come across, alive or dead.

Why use a bow when you can run around with that axe until you find a rifle in fifteen minutes?

• Like 1