Max Planck

Resolution problems? Read here before posting!

Hey everyone i am having an issue when i click on any rendering settings the screen goes black and then an error pops up and says (  0x00d3b574 referenced memory at 0x00000000 the memory could not be read )  how do we fix this issue and what is the cause of it ? currently i am re installing the game to see if it fixes it will up date as soon as its done if anyone receives this error please reply to this post so that we can help everyone with the same problem. 

just now finished re-installing the game and no change i added a photo of the error. hope this helps, if anyone finds a solution to this error please reply.post-226733-0-92099100-1423946521_thumb.

Edited by Shanus

I am getting percentage instead of pixels in the resolution pull-down! Anyone else seen this?

Edit: I figured it out.. Guess thats how it is now... either I forgot or they changed it in the months I have been away!
Resolution under User interface.. yeah that makes sense! :p

Edited by Pandusen

i`m having a wierd problem with the game atm. I have played DayZ for a few months, then all of a sudden a few days ago when i logged in the screen was just black, i can hear the menu sounds but there is no image. I have deleted the .cfg file and now i can start the game, it goes into default 800x600 resolution. However, every time i try to change the resolution the screen just goes black again and i can`t do anything else until i delete .cfg again. I have tried both ways that are stated in the main post, still nothing. I have reverted to an older version of my GFX driver, nothing. I basically tried everything i could think of and find on forums. Can anyone help with this? My GFX card is nVidia GeForce GTX 660.

I would like to mention that i have not changed anything regarding the game or my drivers since i last played it and it worked.

Im having the same problem as you... i try to play, i just see the dayz welcome logo and up in the corner-wait a moment-

everything is in a low resolution-pixeled...

i hear the sounds in the background but i cant come to the menu...

how to fix this?

I am getting percentage instead of pixels in the resolution pull-down! Anyone else seen this?

Edit: I figured it out.. Guess thats how it is now... either I forgot or they changed it in the months I have been away!

Resolution under User interface.. yeah that makes sense! :P

i try to play, i just see the dayz welcome logo and up in the corner-wait a moment-

how to fix this?

if your problem hasn't been respolved, this is the esact way to fix your problem. Go to your desktop, go to documents, go to DayZ. open up the dayz.cfg file. Then find Resolution_W=  Resolution_H=

then set them to Resolution_W=1920

Resolution_H=1080

or your custom resolution. but most people use 1920x1080.

Then save the cfg file by switching it back from txt to cfg (if that's how you edited it) and your problem should be fixed! if not, research it a little m

i try to play, i just see the dayz welcome logo and up in the corner-wait a moment-

how to fix this?

how to fix this?

from the information given, there are many things that could be the reason to this. So you will have to troubleshoot the problem. What I recommend you do, is completely uninstall DayZ from your computer, then reinstall it. Once it is installed, initialize the game. (start it). Once you have started the game, do not touch ANYTHING and let it get to the main menu. Then wait a good 10 seconds and back out to your desktop (exit the game). then go and follow my previous directions

if your problem hasn't been respolved, this is the esact way to fix your problem. Go to your desktop, go to documents, go to DayZ. open up the dayz.cfg file. Then find Resolution_W=  Resolution_H=

then set them to Resolution_W=1920

Resolution_H=1080

or your custom resolution. but most people use 1920x1080.

Then save the cfg file by switching it back from txt to cfg

Edited by therandomredstone

from the information given, there are many things that could be the reason to this. So you will have to troubleshoot the problem. What I recommend you do, is completely uninstall DayZ from your computer, then reinstall it. Once it is installed, initialize the game. (start it). Once you have started the game, do not touch ANYTHING and let it get to the main menu. Then wait a good 10 seconds and back out to your desktop (exit the game). then go and follow my previous directions

Thanks but i uninstalled the game like 4 times now and installed again... and when i start it wont let me to the MENU... and i cant set the resoluions because the files are not loading because of the error...

Thanks but i uninstalled the game like 4 times now and installed again... and when i start it wont let me to the MENU... and i cant set the resoluions because the files are not loading because of the error...

hmm.. that is definitely strange..

try running as administrator.

This is how you fix your resolution

Even for those who go into the config file and change resolution with no result. 

Try this

Delete the config file -Documents, DayZ, DayZ {With CFG file ext.) DELETE. dont worry every time you start the game it will recreate this file.

Restart the game

Your shitty resolution should still appear. 

Close Game

Go into the recreated DayZ CFG file. The shitty resolution specs should now properly appear. 

Change them to your monitors native display resolution ..i.e 1920 

1080

Restart DayZ

Should be g2g

I have been running dayz at full quality for everything but i was only pulling just over 20 fps. I wanted a little more so I lowered my rezelution to the 2nd below 1920x1080xwhatever. I did that and I just got a black screen. I closed dayz and now all i get is the sound of the main menu and my desktop. No actual game. I wanted to have a big shootout with my frineds before everything gets reset for .56. PLZ HELP!!!!

I have been running dayz at full quality for everything but i was only pulling just over 20 fps. I wanted a little more so I lowered my rezelution to the 2nd below 1920x1080xwhatever. I did that and I just got a black screen. I closed dayz and now all i get is the sound of the main menu and my desktop. No actual game. I wanted to have a big shootout with my frineds before everything gets reset for .56. PLZ HELP!!!!

Change it back to 1920x1080 in the config file, as described in the second option in the first post of this topic.

Is your resolution incorrect? Can you not seem to adjust it no matter what you do?

Here is the solution:

First method:

1. Set aspect ratio

2. Quit game

3. Relaunch, then set resolution.

Second method:

1. Locate the .cfg file here: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg and open it with wordpad or similar.

2. Change the resolution values, thusly:

Resolution_W=1920

Resolution_H=1080

Remember to replace those values with your monitor's native resolution.

3. Save and launch DayZ.

Guide with pictures

After using the new ui, idk why but i cant see my health stats in the corner, idk if its resolution probpems or what but it makes it really hard for me to play. If anyone knows how to fix this pls do so

Quick question as I'm having issues with the automatic aspect ratio based on resolution. Does the game determine this from your native resolution or the one set in the game? As I'm experiencing the lovely ARMA II tunnel vision issue when I attempt to load the game on 1920 x 1080 with a native resolution of 5760 x 1080. I have already reset my config by deleting and validating, manually edited it several times to no avail. Disabling my Eyefinity group and setting my native resolution to 1920 x 1080 does fix the issue, but it's not a permanent solution as the game will only display on one screen and always the left screen, even though center is my primary. I have never had an issue with mirroring Dayz on 3 screens at 1920 x 1080 when I last played, which was .57.

5760 x 1080 = no issue bar performance (which is why I wanted to go back down)

fJQ4Iel.jpg

1920 x 1080 =this happens...

LoqrEKF.jpg

eVXy6OZ.jpg

ZTxq3ou.jpg

Super skinny character and no possible way to play the game without getting motion sickness. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: This is the result after more time spent changing the the GPU scaling options, which just resulted in more of a mess :I

Y8vTTN3.jpg

Edited by Khaleesei