Sign in to follow this  
Zuulass

being burned

so i was making eggs and some butter splashed out and burned my stomach because im smart and don't wear a shirt while cooking.

well then i thought that it would be a cool thing in dayz.

like you could be burned if you went into a fire or got burned by whatever fire stuff is added later on.

it would have the effect of being hurt but less shaking unless 3rd degree burn.

youd need to clean the area with water and get some ointment for it.

after a good amount of time the pain would go away and maybe you be ok but 1st degree only.

2nd and 3rd degree if untreated could cause infection.

it would be cool if you could see the burn on the character as well.

like you take of shirt and depending on the burn it would be red(1st degree), red with blisters(2nd), and then blackened skin blisters and such(3rd).

burn-injury-2.jpg

Think about what it would require if they added this... they'd have to show the damage to skin/clothing/etc.  They would have to track first/second/third degree burns for each section of skin on the body for each player.  Not to mention the physics involved... how do you determine if someone gets burned?  How much temperature difference/energy transfer is required to cause these types of burns.  Also, do you really want to add yet another medical item you have to carry around just in case of getting burned?

I think they could implement this as you have described it, but most likely burns will be a simplified version - i.e. if you are in contact with fire for x seconds then you catch on fire and while on fire you take damage.  If you stop/drop/roll then you can put out the flames, or if you jump into a body of water, or if ppl use a fire extinguisher on you etc. and it will stop the damage.  Healing will likely be the same as for any other type of injury.

Never fry eggs, bacon or sausage without a shirt...its just not safe

• Like 2

Never fry eggs, bacon or sausage without a shirt...its just not safe

Perhaps, but manly as fuck. 

• Like 1

Think about what it would require if they added this... they'd have to show the damage to skin/clothing/etc.  They would have to track first/second/third degree burns for each section of skin on the body for each player.  Not to mention the physics involved... how do you determine if someone gets burned?  How much temperature difference/energy transfer is required to cause these types of burns.  Also, do you really want to add yet another medical item you have to carry around just in case of getting burned?

I think they could implement this as you have described it, but most likely burns will be a simplified version - i.e. if you are in contact with fire for x seconds then you catch on fire and while on fire you take damage.  If you stop/drop/roll then you can put out the flames, or if you jump into a body of water, or if ppl use a fire extinguisher on you etc. and it will stop the damage.  Healing will likely be the same as for any other type of injury.

i was focusing more on the skin being burned in general

but yeah even if it was super simple like if you lay in fire you burn, so roll around and bandage up

adding ointment would be useful so people wouldn't want to catch on fire just for fun and easily heal up

+1 for realism, hopefully will be added eventually.

Damage to the clothes could be something like just ruining everything.

As for skin, I don't remember if there are wound textures yet like in A3. But you could just make some wound textures that appear to be burns and use the same model selections.

• Like 1

i might be wrong but hasnt rocket talked about some kind of heat system in an interview???

honestly tho this has no use in being added until later on maybe when cooking is inproved and when fire could be used in some kind of struggle or defense situation meaning it would place it as a long term goal on the road map.

Day_Z_27_06_2014_14_24_44_605.jpg

Don't know what are you talking about.

1+ realistic idea

Freakin lol