Sign in to follow this  
Lithium1056

Force feeding and suicide

Ok double suggestion, mostly about altering the force feeding system. Suicide has probably been brought up but was talking in game about it.

When bound etc. there needs to be an option to reject force feeding or a system to not allow the force feeding of rotten/poisoned food stuffs. If you attempted to stuff a rotten zucchini in my gullet in real life you'd end up with zucchini on your face. I've encountered "friendly" players who during interaction will have a buddy sneak round behind me and cuff me. Oh the "fun" that ensues! It's garbage and in a real situation you'd spit the garbage out.

As far as suicide if I have one round chambered and am in the middle of no where/find myself in nomans land. I should have a kill myself option so far "respawn" is only active if you're unconscious or dead (for me anyway) an if I haven't hit a large building to fling myself from I have to wait til I starve. Just sayin

If you attempted to stuff a rotten zucchini in my gullet in real life you'd end up with zucchini on your face.

I think you underestimate the persistance of a thirteen year old clown mask wearing sadist.

• Like 1

When bound etc. there needs to be an option to reject force feeding or a system to not allow the force feeding of rotten/poisoned food stuffs. If you attempted to stuff a rotten zucchini in my gullet in real life you'd end up with zucchini on your face. 

It's called force feeding for a reason bro.

Notice the people and equipment required to do it properly though. People who have been handcuffed can still put up a hell of a fight.

But then again, there are plenty of things in the game that aren't real. Try putting an IV in someone's arm and emptying the bag in under 10 seconds. Or putting 60 rounds in an empty M4 mag in 5 seconds. Or just the 5 mosin rounds in the rifle, by hand, 1 by 1. You won't be able to do it as quick as they show in the game. Or running with full gear and weapon for aslong as you can in dayz, whilst wearing a gasmask. Or eating with a gasmask on.

These game mechanics are not in the game to reflect reality. They are there to enable things to happen that is not possible in other games. Forcefeeding in dayz gives you the freedom to choose between good and bad. You can pick holes at this game all day long if you want. Or you can just realise it is a game and play it :)

Notice the people and equipment required to do it properly though. People who have been handcuffed can still put up a hell of a fight.

But then again, there are plenty of things in the game that aren't real. Try putting an IV in someone's arm and emptying the bag in under 10 seconds. Or putting 60 rounds in an empty M4 mag in 5 seconds. Or just the 5 mosin rounds in the rifle, by hand, 1 by 1. You won't be able to do it as quick as they show in the game. Or running with full gear and weapon for aslong as you can in dayz, whilst wearing a gasmask. Or eating with a gasmask on.

These game mechanics are not in the game to reflect reality. They are there to enable things to happen that is not possible in other games. Forcefeeding in dayz gives you the freedom to choose between good and bad. You can pick holes at this game all day long if you want. Or you can just realise it is a game and play it :)

I can single load my Mosin in 4.89 seconds... Me and a buddy were seein who was better XD

Just sayin...

I can single load my Mosin in 4.89 seconds... Me and a buddy were seein who was better XD

Just sayin...

See comment about 13 year old sadists

See comment about 13 year old sadists

And that makes any sense as to what I said how?

But regarding that post, I think from what Ive learned on Dayz, Im going to shoot anyone wearing a mask, wildly running, or screaming "friendly dont shoot" if something ever went down.

Forcefeeding also allows you to feed passed out people, like actual healthy things to make them better like if they passed out for dehydration.

Just sayin...

lol yes now try it consistantly when you have cold wet hands, are tired, hungry, dehydrated etc. Also did you do that while you were wearing leather gloves? Or wearing a gasmask? All those things influence how fast you can reload one round at a time :P

The point of my comment was that there are many things that you can pick at. The game does not reflect real life as much as some people think it does. That is why it is a game.

lol yes now try it consistantly when you have cold wet hands, are tired, hungry, dehydrated etc. Also did you do that while you were wearing leather gloves? Or wearing a gasmask? All those things influence how fast you can reload one round at a time :P

The point of my comment was that there are many things that you can pick at. The game does not reflect real life as much as some people think it does. That is why it is a game.

Well actually I did it early December after I got back from hunting, and it was a 5 mile jog to our camp, so I was slightly panting nothin serious. And I was wearing gloves, Oakley factory pilots to be exact.

I agree with you, some simplicity should be sacrificed for authenticity, but I was just sayin what I did.

Also, IRL mosins need special mounts for scopes, a compensator for the M44 cant fit on a 91/30, and most mosins are straight bolt, while in Dayz theyre all bent bolt. So yeah, realism need some tweaking XD

I think you underestimate the persistance of a thirteen year old clown mask wearing sadist.

Haha!

Well, its force feeding not 'putting stuff into a restrained players mouth' (as demonstrated above). However, it should not be easy - maybe make it some kind of minigame of players struggling against each other or at least add an animation. On should get the impression of force being applied. Right now its like inverse pickpocketing into someones stomach.

(I would also like pickpocketing as well.)

If you're not concerned about the well being of the victim, force feeding only require a big funnel: You eat/drink or you choke to death.

And that makes any sense as to what I said how?

But regarding that post, I think from what Ive learned on Dayz, Im going to shoot anyone wearing a mask, wildly running, or screaming "friendly dont shoot" if something ever went down.

I'm knocking the video game audience as a whole. I actually brought up that in real life I can load my magazine for my .45 with a decent speed an average 13 year old clown mask wearing sadist can not.