Zombie Milkman

Coming back from the dead as a zed

The title says it all.  If you can turn after dieing, why not give someone the chance to be a zombie?  Imagine the joy of an intelligent zombie hoard taking on a team of bandits who killed them.  Imagine the motivation!  I can build this one right into the game with ease, as fresh kills would have the most functional muscles, etc., and no pain to slow you down even with a few shattered bones. 

Why this adds an important dimension: Remember Dawn of the Dead (Original)?  One of the group's members becomes a zombie, rises, then goes back to a place it vaguely remembers as a safe spot hidden behind the fake wall to cause mayhem with the survivors, leading a hoard of Zs to them in the process.  That would suggest that there is partial memory retention by the Zs at least when they are new.  Right now the camping sniping hoards of hideaway chickens own the cool spots on the congested boards.  It is time to give them some motivation to move a little.

If this has been brought up before please merge the threads and bump.  This has to be included though.

One last suggestion: you need to add Twinkies.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

Yes this has been suggested before.

The answer to it was: The survivors are immune to the infection (this is the story of Dayz, not something that is made up) and thus it's impossible for them to turn into a zombie.

So whether you like it or not, your request will probably not be added. And honestly as you say, "Imagine the joy of an intelligent zombie hoard taking on a team of bandits who killed them." sounds like lame revenge. Not even to start about the fact that the bullets of a survivor could never turn you in a zombie or whatsoever when you die. Cause somehow, that's what you're referring to.

Edited by Warhoax

Yes this has been suggested before.

The answer to it was: The survivors are immune to the infection (this is the story of Dayz, not something that is made up) and thus it's impossible for them to turn into a zombie.

So whether you like it or not, your request will probably not be added. And honestly as you say, "Imagine the joy of an intelligent zombie hoard taking on a team of bandits who killed them." sounds like lame revenge. Not even to start about the fact that the bullets of a survivor could never turn you in a zombie or whatsoever when you die. Cause somehow, that's what you're referring to.

It all depends on the zombie background cause.  In Walking Dead everyone is already infected, and storylines can mutate just like real micro organisms do.  What isn't infectious by air today might be by tomorrow.  If the zombie thing is due to micro organism, and you have been in contact witgh any of these microbs but your healthy immune system is holding them back, but then you are killed... Oh, I am sensing possabilities here!

And the motivation is superfluous.  If you are a seasoned camper always heading for the hot spots your zombie probably would too regardless of why.  It can also easily be prevented by your killer head shotting you after death, but that is a whole other topic as this game gives no weight to headshots even though that is the number one theme in the zombie genre.

Never gonna happen.  It's not only against the lore,  The zombies are not undead, they are infected living, which is why non headshots will kill them, players are confirmed to be the few that are actually immune to the Virus.  Other than that very little info has been released about the Virus itself, my theory is that it's an airborne mutation of Rabies without the 'time limit' of Rabies.  Once you're dead, you're dead, no coming back.  It would also cause problems on a technical aspect.

Would be kinda cool if your body could become an NPC zombie in case you haven't been killed by a hit/shot to the head.

Never gonna happen.  It's not only against the lore,  The zombies are not undead, they are infected living, which is why non headshots will kill them, players are confirmed to be the few that are actually immune to the Virus.  Other than that very little info has been released about the Virus itself, my theory is that it's an airborne mutation of Rabies without the 'time limit' of Rabies.  Once you're dead, you're dead, no coming back.  It would also cause problems on a technical aspect.

funny how the "lore" says survivors were immune, cos last time i played the mod, you had a fairly high chance of infection after contact with viral zeds... seems the "lore" can make itself up as it goes along these days lol

funny how the "lore" says survivors were immune, cos last time i played the mod, you had a fairly high chance of infection after contact with viral zeds... seems the "lore" can make itself up as it goes along these days lol

The infection you got was not the zombie virus.  It was something else (think they actually added two different types of infection to the mod but I stopped playing so I don't know).  Just because your Immune to Zombie doesn't mean you're gonna be immune to Sepsis, Cholera, or whatever else the Devs have in store for us.  Much as I hate to bring Walking Dead into this, you remember when everyone got sick because of one zombie?  Same thing.

Every played DayZ Epoch? if you died while infected then you turned into a zombie.  You could use an altered form of nightvision, sprint without tiring, and raise "hordes" of zombies.  Long story short, it sucked.

It was fun for a few minutes, but then you got bored.  Then it was just people on global chat begging for an admin or another player to kill them

No. This would make the game boring for a lot of people. And it's not really what DayZ is about (surviving...).

Go play Epoch. But it sucks, mostly.

Use the search button first, also when you create your title the forum should already show you topics with those words in, so did you just blindly ignored them and not read them at all?

Another thing, the zombies are not 'undead' they where living humans who got infected by a virus that made them rage (more like 28 days later), if the human was dead before the infection he would still be dead, this is also the reason the zeds die by shooting them in the guts, they need vital organs (living) to stay alive. 

So even if a player got infected when he died or was shot to death, he would remain dead.

Use the search button first, also when you create your title the forum should already show you topics with those words in, so did you just blindly ignored them and not read them at all?

Another thing, the zombies are not 'undead' they where living humans who got infected by a virus that made them rage (more like 28 days later), if the human was dead before the infection he would still be dead, this is also the reason the zeds die by shooting them in the guts, they need vital organs (living) to stay alive. 

So even if a player got infected when he died or was shot to death, he would remain dead.

My bad - I didn't realize that is what it was trying to do.  That is extremely handy and I will use it next time.

• Like 1

No.  Otherwise YOU SEE WILL WAY TOO MANY ZOMBIE PLAYERS.  Think of it, a lot of people will die on purpose to be a zombie.  It would get annoying.