Mr. Winter

When do we get Tents

Well, the patchnotes say that persistent storage code is in but not yet activated...

I have heard from several different sources that the tent is persistent, but only to the server you place it on

I have a tent, I want to test it through a restart but don't want to lose it or anything I would put inside of it

I have a tent, I want to test it through a restart but don't want to lose it or anything I would put inside of it

From my understanding the tent will stay there, but anything you put in it will be gone.

From my understanding the tent will stay there, but anything you put in it will be gone.

That sucks! I ran out of space LONG ago, I want to unload some of my loot that I kept cuz it's rare but don't use, like the pristine anti-stab taking up a ton of bp space.

That sucks! I ran out of space LONG ago, I want to unload some of my loot that I kept cuz it's rare but don't use, like the pristine anti-stab taking up a ton of bp space.

dont get attached to your stuff, you WILL lose it. this has always been true for the core gameplay of DayZ, and is double so true for testing a game in development.

This is what I heard as well. But I don't understand. Whats the point of having persistent storage if it goes away after a restart anyway?

This is what I heard as well. But I don't understand. Whats the point of having persistent storage if it goes away after a restart anyway?

Persistent items will be activated with a hotfix, apparently next week. After that, the stuff you leave in your tent (and outside it?) will survive a server restart.

I think that's correct?

• Like 1

Item persistence, including storage, has just been temporarily disabled. As Pillock stated, persistence is planned be added next week.

Funny, only the rarity of the item gives it any type of value? The antistab vest is weak-sauce in the game, and you have no reason to keep it. That being said, if they ever introduce battle-royal knife fights, you will be prepared.

I have noticed through server restarts on the Experimental loot inside buildings seem to stay.  I was playing on DE-01 and when the server restarted loot on the floor of the building I was in was exactly the same.  I also noticed another thing, I switched a raincoat for a hoody before the reset (around a minute before), I took the gear out of my old raincoat and put it in my new hoody, when the server reset my raincoat was on the ground with duplicates of the loot I recently took out and I had the loot in my current inventory.

Edited by MuchHigher

what are the tents for? what can i do with them? what do they do to me? :P and a fire is that to any help? just wondering just started to play this. sorry for bad english im from sweden

Later on, tents will stay on the server after a server-restart.

That means:

You can put down a tent and put items inside of it (guns, ammo, everything). And the tent will stay there  "for ever", because it is "persistent"  (=it survives server-restarts).

(Right now, when you put items on the ground, they will disappear and get deleted with a server-restart. Persistent objects will "survive" this restart and stay there, until the whole server is down/broken, or someone else takes it away)

So when you die and respawn, you can run to your tent and pick up the items inside to gear up fast.

But you can not sleep in tents, they just function as some kind of big "container" to put items inside.

Fires are "only" there for cooking meat. They do nothing else (they do not scare Zombies and Animals away, etc.) If you eat raw meat, you can become sick and food-poisened (like from rotten fruits).

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

I'd never seen a tent before last night. Then I found one. Then another.

221100_screenshots_2014-08-04_00001.jpg

Couple of hours later we had 7 or 8 between us. So no more HC for these chars until the persistence update...

• Like 1

The tent is real. Lol. i cant wait for the persistent.... lost my m4 i was keeping to store away to day...made so many references to it on the forums....no more.....GOD DAMNIT. But I had a buddy come on after a month and a half of being away from dayz he had his fully decked m4 XD I was so jelly

Edited by Jfiles

well well tent is back, i think i am too

Edited by reapers239

Shall we point out that this is an Alpha? They put code in, it doesn't function correctly yet, because it's an Alpha and they are testing it, so they disabled the parts of it that don't work, AKA storage in persistent items.

Fires are "only" there for cooking meat. They do nothing else (they do not scare Zombies and Animals away, etc.) If you eat raw meat, you can become sick and food-poisened (like from rotten fruits).

So far. In the mod fires will help warm  you up and keep you warm. In the mod they also work as a great distraction. You can actually build a fire on the edge of a town and get some of the zombies to wander over towards it for a bit. Eventually fires will get more uses. I suspect some crafting might eventually require a lit fire. Cooking is technically crafting but maybe you will be able to make arrows and they will require you to have a fire to harden the wood in.

what can i do with the tents? do they do something good to me? :P

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Later on, tents will stay on the server after a server-restart.

That means:

You can put down a tent and put items inside of it (guns, ammo, everything). And the tent will stay there  "for ever", because it is "persistent"  (=it survives server-restarts).

(Right now, when you put items on the ground, they will disappear and get deleted with a server-restart. Persistent objects will "survive" this restart and stay there, until the whole server is down/broken, or someone else takes it away)

So when you die and respawn, you can run to your tent and pick up the items inside to gear up fast.

But you can not sleep in tents, they just function as some kind of big "container" to put items inside.

Quoted from the post below this one http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/203233-when-do-we-get-tents/page-2#entry2070380  :rolleyes:

Edited by Fluxley

You can repair from the rain inside, but you are more likely to be spotted by bandits.

right now, rain doesn't do anything. it doesn't damage items, and it doesnt make you sick ;)

Thanks, Cheyenne ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1