Daemonkid

So I saw this for A3

It's an addon for Arma 2 so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. It would be pretty sweet to be able to peak out of doors, but it would be equally awesome to be able to shoot through those same wooden doors.

Edited by Mystic Bagel

Thought you were gonna say the balaclava's they added on dev-branch (On A3). It sucks you couldn't just port them due to skeleton and such. I heard Chris say on Twitter that they were going to make them eventually though for DayZ. I can't wait for them!

Edited by Petr Kozlovich

I'd rather have sounds on doors opening and closing but this is still good.

• Like 3

for starters i would like doors to have a larger use radius first

from time to time you are standing right before a door trying to find the "open" option...

especially for outdoor gates and such

It was confirmed to be a future feature something like maybe a few months ago by rocket. As far as I remember.

Either this or the ability to open doors by holding a button and moving the camera. Would be great if doors had sound and the speed at which you open the door affects how much sound it makes.

Yes please. I'd even say that such feature would be super important in DayZ.

+1 on this..

I'd rather have sounds on doors opening and closing but this is still good.

Yar, been an issue for a long while.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/184927-opening-doors-still-a-chore/

In my opinion, the important thing is just making the door select-boxes consistent. Some doors require you to look straight at the door. Some doors require you to look at the empty space where the door used to be. Some are just unintelligible and random.

I'm still in favor of a fixed "door opening/closing" animation, rather than just having doors magically blow open/closed as you flail around nearby.

Price_opening_shed_door_Hunted_CoD4.jpg

I'd prefer that they'd add sound to doors opening before doing this but the idea is pretty cool