Sign in to follow this  
kieran0saurusrex

What powers do admins have?

Last night on a server, at the [olice station in Berezino with 4 friends, area clear so we move into police station, and a guy glitches through the wall under the stairs, shoots myself and a friend. Other guys are entering from the back door, and the guy glitches through and kills them also - one of them being the server admin.

Is there a way for him to tell who it was that killed us? Or are they powerless to this nonsense?

start server, pay rent on server, restart server... they don't really have the rights they need yet

Well there is a bug that when you leave the server in a building that you spawn under the building (glitched).

they can ban and such but they need undeniable proof or they risk losing their server

they can ban and such but they need undeniable proof or they risk losing their server

How can they identify the player though?

Kick, ban, restart server, loot farm.

OK. So if I was an admin - a guy glitches in front of me and kills me - how can I see who this player was so I can ban them?

As far as I know there is no way for an administrator to ban anything...

If there is please tell me would be some pertinent information that isn't available to all admins...

My son shot a guy at the Military Base SE of Vybor. My lad then  entered the jail with me and we see another guy upstairs. The server restarts. We jump back in and the guy upstairs is now down stairs and cant get his gun out so he runs off with me chasing him, also struggling to get a gun out. I finally do and start shooting at him when, the server restarts again. This is all in the space of a few minutes. My son and I got annoyed with them and joined another server before I said "nah, let's go back to that server and see if anyone's still there. We wait out the timer and go in and immediately I see two guys looting and I assumed it was still them because restarting the server straight after being shot can get you your life back. So yep those gimps were admin cheats and I despise them. We ended up killing one more before the other sprinted off.

P.S His server states, "Four hour server restarts", lol more like four minutes if your get the jump on me!

Edited by Attackm0de
  • Like 1

My son shot a guy at the Military Base SE of Vybor. My lad then  entered the jail with me and we see another guy upstairs. The server restarts. We jump back in and the guy upstairs is now down stairs and cant get his gun out so he runs off with me chasing him, also struggling to get a gun out. I finally do and start shooting at him when, the server restarts again. This is all in the space of a few minutes. My son and I got annoyed with them and joined another server before I said "nah, let's go back to that server and see if anyone's still there. We wait out the timer and go in and immediately I see two guys looting and I assumed it was still them because restarting the server straight after being shot can get you your life back. So yep those gimps were admin cheats and I despise them. We ended up killing one more before the other sprinted off.

P.S His server states, "Four hour server restarts", lol more like four minutes if your get the jump on me!

Please tell me you reported this server, its shit like this that ruins the game. And to answer the OP's question, server owners can kick people, with good reason, and restart the server also need to have good reasons to do so, that's how vilayer explained it to me when I rented a server

• Like 1

Please tell me you reported this server, its shit like this that ruins the game. And to answer the OP's question, server owners can kick people, with good reason, and restart the server also need to have good reasons to do so, that's how vilayer explained it to me when I rented a server

Yes I know admins can kick players - but how are the admins supposed to know which player to kick with no player identification?

The only times we kick people on our sever is when people have racist/homophobic names, or names like owner/admin~

I think there needs to be more options for us server owners...

Yes I know admins can kick players - but how are the admins supposed to know which player to kick with no player identification?

You don't have any way of knowing because you aren't supposed to be kicking players because you are renting a public hive. You have very little power over your own server at this point so that people aren't using them as a way to get loot and go to another server to douche bag on people. It still happens unfortunately, people loot a certain area then reset the server continually until they gain an advantage. Much like the server hoppers, badmins are ruining the fun for those of us who play the game legit and either search the map for loot or kill other players for the stuff we need to survive

You cannot ban people and you cannot see their ingame names unless they talk in direct.

Really? I was banned on login around 5 times so far. Damn, should have gotten the server name.

I reckon they should change it so that if an admin is actually playing they can't use any of their mystical powers.

Course they can still watch over their buddies but at least that cuts some of the bullshit out.

How do I report it? I would gladly do so if I knew it would make a difference. I think I will just not play on that server again.

..//..

, server owners can kick people, with good reason,

..//..

As everybody knows the "good reason" is that they don't want you to play on their server

I have been kicked as soon as I log in.. this happens regularly

Sometimes the admin will tell you in global chat "f**** off this is private"

but mainly they do not speak, as they know this could provide evidence against them, they simply kick you manually

All these arguments have already been stated many times in these forums, there are long threads about admin powers

Many admins kick, many admins loot farm.

eg: There is an ad on these forums (yesterday) for a clan that has it's "own" server for "training and loot" and then "goes to high pop servers"

There is also a simple software method to install an autokick on the admin interface

it is not detectable, obviously, as it is between the admin's pc and his user interface, therefore between him and the server provider only.

This is well known.

[and could be policed by BI and/or the SPs, if they had the will and intention to do so]

Some admins are honest and straightforward - these are fun and help the game a great deal.

I myself wander around servers to see "how they feel" and to meet different players, admins, ATM I only join servers that keep the word "Public" in their title (because it is boring being kicked and reset so often) but even many of these use "public" to mean only the "public hive" and they are in fact also join=kick, clan only,  or private servers when you log on.

In reality (whatever the rules are) the admin's power is:

1) You can kick who you like for any reason or for no reason, it is impossible for the player to prove this has happened.

2) You can restart your server as many times as you like, every five minutes if you like,  until you and your friends have found all the AKM's you want, or whatever you are looking for. If a server provider ever notices, you can claim technical problem, error, or bad players using foul/racist language, etc.. the server providers do not oversee how often the server is restarted.

(admins usually justify these actions by saying "I pay, it's mine I do what I like")

You will notice that these real abilities are very useful for abusive admins

These real admin powers are not so useful for serious and honest admins.

They can kick abusive players until the abusive player gets bored of coming back repeatedly. That's all.

To global-ban anyone, a player requires hard evidence to present to BattleEye. This is true if you are an admin or not. Then BattleEye decides the case.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1