cat (DayZ)

The lost paratrooper (Alternate player spawn/loot drop)

The lost paratrooper

The idea is a paratrooper being dropped over chernarus.

I derived 2 different ideas from this concept

------------------------

1. Player spawn

------------------------

If lucky (or because of a reward) a player gets to spawn parachuting from the sky at a high elevation, and then will land at a random location in the game. This would mix up the spawning on the beach

------------------------

2. Loot drop

------------------------

A AI controlled paratrooper with high end military gear will drop out of the sky and die after landing, leaving a well equipped corpse to find for everyone who spotted the parachute. This would create highly entertaining dynamic focus areas where loads of players gather to find the precious loot and inevitably fight to the death over it.

Additionally, having to watch the sky for the occassional parachute would be great fun.

The lost paratrooper

The idea is a paratrooper being dropped over chernarus.

I derived 2 different ideas from this concept

------------------------

1. Player spawn

------------------------

If lucky (or because of a reward) a player gets to spawn parachuting from the sky at a high elevation' date=' and then will land at a random location in the game. This would mix up the spawning on the beach[/quote']

Not into this idea. Its just too....gamey

------------------------

2. Loot drop

------------------------

A AI controlled paratrooper with high end military gear will drop out of the sky and die after landing' date=' leaving a well equipped corpse to find for everyone who spotted the parachute. This would create highly entertaining dynamic focus areas where loads of players gather to find the precious loot and inevitably fight to the death over it.

[/quote']

This I would really like to see

I am sure you can see much farther than that. Even during dusk (when the heavy white fog sets in) I was able to spot a guy 600m away (binoc said 600m). And during daytime drawdistance is much farther.

The parachuting thing actually sounds kinda neat albeit unrealistic, I guess if you spawned with a military type skin but still had the same starter gear? Interesting concept.

I like Op suggestion about spawning in a parachute randomly into the world.

It's not less "realistic" to me than just spawning on a coast.

i agree only with that loot drop.. not spawning but, still nice idea!

The spawn is a no from me, but the loot drop idea is cool, we need more dynamic events. Not as much in Alpha though, still need more bug fixes first.

A random set of drops could be interesting.

Definetely needs more events than just crashed helos.

I like the idéa. I had a very similar thought. And then at night there would be like 3 flaredrops just before he lands.