Coronus

Questions about the SKS

Ok, so I actually tried to do a good bit of research before posting here and could not come up with anything.  Question #1 Doesnt the SKS come with an internal clip? 2. If so why is it I can only load 1 bullet (in chamber) instead of the prescribed 10 in to the internal clip.  3.  Am I doing something wrong?  I tried to load the rounds manually and it kept saying the SKS was full.  4. Does this mean that there are already 10 rounds inserted?  5. If so, when I look in my inventory, it appears as if only 1 round is "attached" to the SKS. 

This is really frustrating me as the place where I found the SKS  did not have a single strip clip in it.  Is this strip clip required (which doesnt make any sense) to load the weapons internal clip?

Thanks for the help.

Eject all ammo! count your ammo, attach your ammo, see how much ammo is left. Now you know how much is in there, simple as that. The gun itself doesn't show how much ammo is in, so you don't know how much is in there and have to count your shots! Pretty realistic if you ask me.

edit: btw everything you need to know - http://dayz.gamepedia.com/SKS - you know how to google, right? :P

Edited by sm00tje

If you find rounds, you can load them into the SKS. (As if you were loading them one by one with in real life), if you find a clip, you can reload the weapon by presssing the reload button, instead of pressing tab and dragging the ammo onto the weapon.

• Like 2

strip clip is not required but if you have one you can reload more quickly by pressing 'r'(?)

• Like 1

Ok.. I guess either I am totally wrong or ...?

In my experience the SKS will load 10 cartridges by default. You cannot hit reload if this is done, and you do not have a clip to reload with. So any reloads must be done manually by opening your inventory and dragging rounds to your SKS.

If you have a stack of 20, or at least 10 rounds and the SKS is EMPTY. Simply drag the stack to the SKS, and you will see either the full 10 insert, or half of the 20 will be used. The clip is only good for fast reloads without the need to open your inventory. Besides that, they are useless to the SKS.

:)

Edited by lrish

Ok.. I guess either I am totally wrong or ...?

In my experience the SKS will load 10 cartridges by default. You cannot hit reload if this is done, and you do not have a clip to reload with. So any reloads must be done manually by opening your inventory and dragging rounds to your SKS.

If you have a stack of 20, or at least 10 rounds and the SKS is EMPTY. Simply drag the stack to the SKS, and you will see either the full 10 insert, or half of the 20 will be used. The clip is only good for fast reloads without the need to open your inventory. Besides that, they are useless to the SKS.

:)

yeah they are similar to the speedloader for the magnum. You should drag six bullets into the magnum and leave the speedloader in your inv then you can just press r when you are out of bullets. Putting your speedloader in when you aren't under fire loses the advantage of the speedload completely.

Nobody mentioned how the right option is Load and not Chamber?

Is there a chamber option with the sks? I only get it with small arms and maybe the sporter/possible the akm. Basically any weapon that requires a magazine will allow you chamber afaik. Guns like the magnum/sks/mosin don't have the chamber option, I thought.

Is there a chamber option with the sks? I only get it with small arms and maybe the sporter/possible the akm. Basically any weapon that requires a magazine will allow you chamber afaik. Guns like the magnum/sks/mosin don't have the chamber option, I thought.

I'm certain the Mosin and the SKS have that option even though it's silly and there is no point in doing that.

I'm certain the Mosin and the SKS have that option even though it's silly and there is no point in doing that.

Seriously I only noticed footsteps days ago despite them being in since the beginning  so I could've easily missed it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals.   I realize my error now.  It was loading 10 fully but the ammo Icon under the rifle was essentially showing only 1 bullet and that threw me off.

Nobody mentioned how the right option is Load and not Chamber?

This, the guy clearly stated he's chambering the round.