ltsmiles

DayZ used to be so good.

I would just like to say that DayZ has frankly gone to shit. It used to be about survival and banding together to fight in epic battles for epic loot or to be the top gun on the coast so you can progress up north. Now there are 50 different mods, and servers where you can build helicopters with a main rotor and an engine. Nothing is rewarding anymore, and that is what used to make DayZ such a good game. It used to be big risk=big reward but now you spawn with a badass gun and it is just coast wars. Finding a DMR or an AS50 used to be a jackpot but now they catered to the noobs they removed AS50's and DMR's can be found in one of the hundreds of added buildings on seemingly every server. DayZ SA is buggy and laggy and poorly optimized even. Honestly DayZ needs to go back to how it was, and stop trying to be all sorts of stupid.

Edited by ltsmiles
  • Like 1

Maybe you should take a break from dayz and come back at the end of the year. Or try to find a vanilla dayz mod server, if you think dayz sa is too buggy/laggy/glitchy. Also there are several other good survival games that are flooding the market for you to play in the meantime.

DAYZ used to be so good and now its like this 

0807_schuerrle_1260_fitwidth_489.jpg

dude this game is the best Alpha ive ever played.

btw this is the dayz STANDALONE forum.....

Maybe you should take a break from dayz and come back at the end of the year. Or try to find a vanilla dayz mod server, if you think dayz sa is too buggy/laggy/glitchy. Also there are several other good survival games that are flooding the market for you to play in the meantime.

Believe me, I have tried to find one and this is my collection so far:

Rust

The Dead Linger

WarZ (I know I know)

The Forest

Miscreated

7 Days to Die

State of Decay

Contagion

Don't Starve (if that counts)

How to Survive

Sir you are being hunted

Nether

Dead Island

Dead Rising 2

ZombiU (played for a while)

H1Z1 when it comes out.

Believe me I have searched and bought and played so many games like DayZ but none of them compare to how DayZ was. I remember climbing on top of a gas pump (the one with the ladder) just to avoid zombies. I remember rage quitting because it was so hard. I remember running through the darkness until it got daytime. I remember logging out because I found a gun (lee enfield) because I thought it was so rare and awesome. If there is a game like DayZ, I would be surprised if I haven't found it.

Edited by ltsmiles

Well, as said maybe you just need a break. From what I can read between the lines you'll be back right away anyway ;)

edit: woops maybe a vid of a different game in the general discussion isn't a good idea.. *cough cough*

erm will send it to you via pm.

Edited by sm00tje

I would just like to say that DayZ has frankly gone to shit. It used to be about survival and banding together to fight in epic battles for epic loot or to be the top gun on the coast so you can progress up north. Now there are 50 different mods, and servers where you can build helicopters with a main rotor and an engine. Nothing is rewarding anymore, and that is what used to make DayZ such a good game. It used to be big risk=big reward but now you spawn with a badass gun and it is just coast wars. Finding a DMR or an AS50 used to be a jackpot but now they catered to the noobs they removed AS50's and DMR's can be found in one of the hundreds of added buildings on seemingly every server. DayZ SA is buggy and laggy and poorly optimized even. Honestly DayZ needs to go back to how it was, and stop trying to be all sorts of stupid.

moving to mod area.

• Like 1

moving to mod area.

OK

Edited by ltsmiles

btw this is the dayz STANDALONE forum.....

If i'ts SA forum why is there mod section? This is DayZ forum, for both SA and mod.....

I miss when it was Big Risk = Big reward. Back a while ago when my friend and I were still pretty nooby at the game, we finally had enough guns and a car to head up to the NWAF. HUGE risk. We got there and held up in a house, saw a car pass by us and then the server restarted a couple minutes later. When we joined back in we saw a little bird very close to us, we made a run for it and stole it, flying to berezino to find myself a drink as I was on the verge of dehydration. I landed the heli and my friend went to look for a drink, let's just say I may have died and the heli got stolen... Good day though!

Edited by btw001

Believe me, I have tried to find one and this is my collection so far:

Rust

The Dead Linger

WarZ (I know I know)

The Forest

Miscreated

7 Days to Die

State of Decay

Contagion

Don't Starve (if that counts)

How to Survive

Sir you are being hunted

Nether

Dead Island

Dead Rising 2

ZombiU (played for a while)

H1Z1 when it comes out.

Believe me I have searched and bought and played so many games like DayZ but none of them compare to how DayZ was. I remember climbing on top of a gas pump (the one with the ladder) just to avoid zombies. I remember rage quitting because it was so hard. I remember running through the darkness until it got daytime. I remember logging out because I found a gun (lee enfield) because I thought it was so rare and awesome. If there is a game like DayZ, I would be surprised if I haven't found it.

But.. you learn right? What you describe are nostalgic feelings you feel towards DayZ. You have climbed on top of a gas pump to avoid zombies. I can see why new players would do that but honestly after x amount of hours played zombies aren't as much of an issue anymore. You learn to adapt. I can see why one would ragequit when you die and lose your gear for the first, second or tenth time. But after a while one learns that gear doesn't mean everything. You are bound to lose it at some point. I remember finding my first enfield, it was awesome.. but yeah, that feeling can't really be replicated anymore since I've had probably 200 enfields by now not to mention other guns in about 1500 hours of play time.

You speak of 'finding the jackpot' when you've found a DMR. In mod versions like DayZero that still is the jackpot. The whole 'coastwars' issue depends much on the server you play on, honestly if you can't find your way north without getting shot every time I would look for another server. Same goes for 'spawning with basass guns at the coast'. Really? You can't find a more hardcore survivory server? Have you even tried?

In mods like Epoch there are other goals to pursue. Raiding bases or doing missions with a group of friends can give you that same 'finding the jackpot/big risk = big reward'  kind of feeling you've once experienced whilst finding a mere lee enfield. There are still ways to get the adrenaline rush of discovering or accomplishing something in the game. Firefights up north, around missions or bases and whatnot still provide the most intense moments I've ever experienced in any game period - because in the end, no one wants to die and everyone wants to be the last man standing.

It's not DayZ that has 'gone to shit', it's you not adapting. Try finding some good servers, a mod variant that suits your gaming likes, a nice community and a group of friends to play with before generalising all servers and mods to a huge pile of shit. If anything, its amazing that DayZ has become so diverse over the past 2 years.

Edited by Salva
  • Like 1

inb4 play a vanilla server.

or

Or

OR

you could actually look at the bigger picture of what DayZ will become in the future and not just focus on the the here and now, and what it used to be.

"He who dwells on the past, is sure to miss the future"

Edited by aimbot.eXe
  • Like 1

When I feel like taking a break from SA I hope on vanilla mod server. I enjoy it TBH but I like my SA much more :D. Anytime I'm on the US 3480 vanilla server usually people are banding together because zombies are everywhere when you spawn. Shame not too many people play on it these days. I think the most I've seen was 5 people. :(

I don't do the epoch or other mods of the mod. Could never figure out the playwithsix launcher thing lol.

Edited by haknslash

To be quite honest it sounds like the game didn't change for the most part, you did. You got better at the game, learned where to find things and how to overcome the zombies and the game lost its charm.

You can still find vanilla mod servers to play on and if you honestly expected anything other than a buggy experience from DayZ retail after the countless warnings then you have no one to blame other than yourself, sir.

I've gone back to the mod for the time being. I miss some of the features from DayZ retail but on the whole there's just more to do in the mod right now and 1.8.1 spiced things up a bit and made the zombies more challenging. I'll come back to DayZ retail when more features are in place. :thumbsup: