MatchboxChick

DayZ Hypotheticals

Pick a situation and how you would best react to it. Or pick them all. Try to really immerse yourself in that situation for the most honest and raw response.

1. You are alone, desperately low on SKS ammo with one pistol with one spare magazine left, you're status is starving. You're in the out skirts of Berezino and see 3 bandits in a low lobby server forcefully rob 2 new starters who were aimlessly wondering in town. The bandits take the new starters inside a residence where you no longer have visual of them. You hear two gun shots, assuming the two innocent new starters are dead. What do you do?

2. You're a bandit amongst a small group of other bandits. Following along, you see the bandits are thoughtfully killing players who seem a threat. The bandits share the loot evenly and there is a fair system in place. Your group comes across another group of bandits however, one of the enemy bandits are your actual friend you know in person. They ask you to betray your group via private conversation (skype etc). Your friend warns you their squad is much more relentless and even if you do them a favor they might still kill you. Your friend reassures you a place in the squad though and says they will talk to the leader for you. What do you do?

3. You're spawned in Green Mountain Tower (at the very top) with decent to good gear and the only way down is the ladder ahead. Ahead of you climbing up the ladder as you spawn are two players, one with a Mosin, the other with an axe and pistol. You are not generally hostel but you are trapped and cannot go down unless they spot you. Time is running out, and in a matter of seconds they will know of your presence but are unsure of their intent. What do you do?

4. You're a hero, you enjoy helping people when you can. You come across two coastal new starters with weak melee weapons, who for the most part generally seem like they just spawned. You make your presence known and offer food, clothes and some other materials to get by. You notice as you offer your services that one of them has FNX45 which they pull out and aim towards your direction. You survive the encounter as your items are robbed from you but they forgot to take your 1911 pistol and the magazine which was inside it. They run off and turn their backs to you. What do you do?

Edited by MatchboxChick
  • Like 2

3. You're spawned in Green Mountain Tower (at the very top) and the only way down is the ladder down. Ahead of you climbing the up the ladder as you spawn are two players, one with a Mosin, the other with an axe and pistol. You are not generally hostel but you are trapped and cannot go down unless they spot you. Time is running out, and in a matter of seconds they will know of your presence but are unsure of their intent. What do you do?

You third person and walk around the opposite direction as they come up lol. If one goes one way and another goes the other way? You're basically screwed!! Seriously though, I would yell out 'friendly' and then hope for the best as I would in most situations..

1. I take my chance before they notice my presence and end up like those two poor souls. I make my way around town and travel further inland.

You third person and walk around the opposite direction as they come up lol. If one goes one way and another goes the other way? You're basically screwed!! Seriously though, I would yell out 'friendly' and then hope for the best as I would in most situations..

Oh, so you wouldn't shoot them as they were helpless climbing up? That is quite nice of you to risk your life =]

Pick a situation and how you would best react to it. Or pick them all.

1. You are alone, desperately low on SKS ammo with one pistol with one spare magazine left, you're status is starving. You're in the out skirts of Berezino and see 3 bandits in a low lobby server forcefully rob 2 new starters who were aimlessly wondering in town. The bandits take the new starters inside a residence where you no longer have visual of them. You hear two gun shots, assuming the two innocent new starters are dead. What do you do?

2. You're a bandit amongst a small group of other bandits. Following along, you see the bandits are thoughtfully killing players who seem a threat. The bandits share the loot evenly and there is a fair system in place. Your group comes across another group of bandits however, one of the enemy bandits are your actual friend you know in person. They ask you to betray your group via private conversation (skype etc). Your friend warns you their squad is much more relentless and even if you do them a favor they might still kill you. Your friend reassures you a place in the squad though and says they will talk to the leader for you. What do you do?

3. You're spawned in Green Mountain Tower (at the very top) and the only way down is the ladder ahead. Ahead of you climbing up the ladder as you spawn are two players, one with a Mosin, the other with an axe and pistol. You are not generally hostel but you are trapped and cannot go down unless they spot you. Time is running out, and in a matter of seconds they will know of your presence but are unsure of their intent. What do you do?

4. You're a hero, you enjoy helping people when you can. You come across two coastal new starters with weak melee weapons, who for the most part generally seem like they just spawned. You make your presence known and offer food, clothes and some other materials to get by. You notice as you offer your services that one of them has FNX45 which they pull out and aim towards your direction. You survive the encounter as your items are robbed from you but they forgot to take your 1911 pistol and the magazine which was inside it. They run off and turn their backs to you. What do you do?

1:

Knowing I could possibly kill them, I cut my losses and head for the unchecked general stores to find food.

2:

Pull the ambassador card and convince both sides to team up and annihilate all who oppose.

3:

Warn them to stop immediately on the ladder. If they don't, waste them. If they do, assure them you are friendly and made them stop only for your safety. Convince them to work with you. (Don't say you have extra gear you can give them)

4:

Cut my losses. It can get rather boring when decked out in top-tier gear. Starting over is fun. (Heck, even wave them down and give them the pistol saying "Hey, you forgot to take this. :) )

Oh, so you wouldn't shoot them as they were helpless climbing up? That is quite nice of you to risk your life =]

I am a gentleman first and foremost. That can be quite risky though and often ends in blood... my blood!

1. sm00tje nailed it.

2. Make your friend the same offer, take out his group and enjoy continuing on bringing your IRL friend into your fair/sharing/non-KOS bandit club.

3. Too easy. They are on a ladder and completely helpless. Talk it out while they are in that helpless position and decide a strategy. If they keep climbing, drop them straight off the ladder.

4. They "forgot" to take a loaded pistol from someone they just robbed? They're probably looking for a fresh start and I'm happy to oblige.

Pick a situation and how you would best react to it. Or pick them all. Try to really immerse yourself in that situation for the most honest and raw response.

3. You're spawned in Green Mountain Tower (at the very top) with decent to good gear and the only way down is the ladder ahead. Ahead of you climbing up the ladder as you spawn are two players, one with a Mosin, the other with an axe and pistol. You are not generally hostel but you are trapped and cannot go down unless they spot you. Time is running out, and in a matter of seconds they will know of your presence but are unsure of their intent. What do you do?

1. nothing left to lose...Ill try and ambush them while they loot. Would depend quite a bit on which house they went into though

2. GTFO during the confusion 

3. Shoot them as they come up. Anyone who just climbed that ladder has a death wish anyways

4.Cap them with the 1911 as they would now be classified as bandits and heros kills bandits 

• Like 1

1 look for food

2 laugh, leave and head for the hills

3 kill them, check their loot

(if 2 come in there is probably no one watching outside, unless they are a bunch of fools, so you could be nice, you got them cold ... but then you could never climb down the ladder till they all logged out, so.. )

4 shoot them, collect bandages and rags for other players

Edited by pilgrim

1. Wait for bandits to lave and go raid the corpses hoping to find some food items

2. Would both sneak away and perhaps watch from a distance to see who comes out on top but would generally just split

3. I'm cornered and this might be the only chance I've got of having the upper hand, bang bang

4. bang bang

Simple, I wait, track them from far away, watch what they do and where they go, try to find a better weapon along the way and then hold then, kill one of them, make the other fill with panic, and then hold the other one up, take one item and tell him never to f**k with a hero.

Simple!

1. Realize I need to get better at the game.

2. Not a spy or traitor so do nothing.

3. Jump. I have better chance to survive that way then using a ladder.

4. Realize that maybe someone who runs on the coast and offers food to freshspawns is not a hero but an idiot. I stop being an idiot.

• Like 1