FREDDIEkillz

Your FPS and Optimization

Here it what I have my launch parameters set to.

-winxp -nosplah -skipIntro -high -maxMem=4095 -maxVRAM=32 cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4

I have an Intel Core i3 3217-U and an Intel HD 4000 graphics card with 32 mb of VRAM and 4GB of RAM. What do you recommend I set my parameters to? And how do you know it doesn't have hyperthreading support?

-winxp -nosplah -skipIntro -high -maxMem=4096 cpuCount=2 -exThreads=4

Edited by SFRGaming

Ok, now I have it set to:

-winxp -nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -high -maxMem=4096 -maxVRAM=32 cpuCount=2 -exThreads=4

I'm gonna see how it runs next time I play DayZ.

Edited by FREDDIEkillz

AMD Athlon Dual Core 3.10 GHz

6 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 260

So of course I had to be very brutal with the game to get my 20 FPS.  Surprisingly Textures on very high and using Alpha to Coverage on all trees+grass + edge of smoothing FXAA on high seems to boost me 4 FPS.  Rest disabled or very low

Had to reduce view distance to 1,000 in cfg.

-winxp -nosplah -skipIntro -noPause -high -maxMem=4096 -maxVRAM=32 cpuCount=2 -exThreads=4

Setting anything in launch parameters didn't worked good for me, it made it worse for me and -winxp made the game crash.

AMD Athlon Dual Core 3.10 GHz

6 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 260

So of course I had to be very brutal with the game to get my 20 FPS.  Surprisingly Textures on very high and using Alpha to Coverage on all trees+grass + edge of smoothing FXAA on high seems to boost me 4 FPS.  Rest disabled or very low

Had to reduce view distance to 1,000 in cfg.

Setting anything in launch parameters didn't worked good for me, it made it worse for me and -winxp made the game crash.

Would you mind sharing everything you did to get more FPS?

Would you mind sharing everything you did to get more FPS?

Using the guide:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

I've reduced my viewDistance from 3000 to 1000 and this pretty much did the trick. Cherry on top was enabling VSync to lock the jumpy frames and that would be it.

No miracles but with that I can walk in all the cities even Zelenogorks :D

3.4ghz AMD quad core (don't remember model#, will update when I get home)

8gb ddr3

HD5970

I play on the default "High" quality settings @1920x1080.. don't have an indicator for fps but it rarely drops low enough for the game to feel jumpy, even in big cities. At a guess I'd say I get around 25-30 in Cherno.. actually still haven't visited Novo yet, I should get on that...

Is there a console command to show fps or would I need a third party program to monitor it?

+60 fps

i7-3770k

GTX 680

16gb ram

High settings

Edited by ManInTheWall

Is there a console command to show fps or would I need a third party program to monitor it?

Fraps is a free and easiest. It's mainly to make movies but free version will fast and easy monitor FPS in games for you.

• Like 1

-winxp -nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -high -maxMem=4096 -maxVRAM=32 cpuCount=2 -exThreads=4

-high only works with Valve games.

Since you're using the -winxp setting and can't tab-out to open the Task Manager in order to set DayZ.exe to high priority without DayZ crashing, consider making a batch file (.bat) with the code below (right click -> Edit after making the batch file) and using it to start DayZ.

@echo offstart steam://rungameid/221100set PROCESS="DayZ.exe"@echo Waiting for %PROCESS% to start...:SEARCHwmic process where name=%PROCESS% 2> nul | findstr /i %PROCESS% > nulif errorlevel 1 (    timeout /t 1 /nobreak > nul    goto SEARCH) else (    wmic process where name=%PROCESS% CALL setpriority "high priority" > nul)

You shouldn't put all your memory in -maxMem setting but rather the maximum of how much you're willing to give to DayZ (3072, for instance), as the OS uses up quite a bit of your RAM as well. -exThreads doesn't accept 4 as a value -- should be 3 or 1 in your case, but you'd better Google it. I remember having some problems (crashing-related, I think) with -skipIntro, but that may be just me. Consider trying -malloc=system out to see if it helps anyhow.

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 1

Since you're using the -winxp setting and can't tab-out to open the Task Manager in order to set DayZ.exe to high priority without DayZ crashing, consider making a batch file (.bat) with the code below (right click -> Edit after making the batch file) and using it to start DayZ.

@echo offstart steam://rungameid/221100set PROCESS="DayZ.exe"@echo Waiting for %PROCESS% to start...:SEARCHwmic process where name=%PROCESS% 2> nul | findstr /i %PROCESS% > nulif errorlevel 1 (    timeout /t 1 /nobreak > nul    goto SEARCH) else (    wmic process where name=%PROCESS% CALL setpriority "high priority" > nul)
You shouldn't put all your memory in -maxMem setting but rather the maximum of how much you're willing to give to DayZ. Keep in mind that the OS uses up quite a bit of your RAM as well. -exThreads doesn't accept 4 as a value. I remember having some problems (crashing-related, I think) with -skipIntro, but that may be just me. Consider trying -malloc=system out to see if it helps anyhow.

My parameters are set to:

-winxp -nosplash -skipIntro -noPause -maxMem=4096 -maxVRAM=32 cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3

I am still getting the BI splash logo for some weird reason and I don't crash when I ALT+TAB out of the game; maybe because I set DayZ.exe to run in compatibility for XP service pack 3 manually. Can you revise these to make sure everything is right?

Edited by FREDDIEkillz

I'd set it to something like

-cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=3072 -maxVram=32 -nosplash -noPause -malloc=system -winxp

And use the batch file if you don't want to alt-tab everytime to set DayZ.exe to high priority.

Fraps is terrible and will bring down your fps. Use overwolf.

Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.75 GHz / CPU-NB @ 2.75 GHz / HT Link @ 2.25 GHz

8 GBs RAM @ 1600 MHz CAS10

7850 @ 1.05 GHz core / 1.2 GHz memory

1440x900

Textures Very High

Texture Filtering Very High

FXAA Low

Objecfs Normal (view distance, very gud)

Terrain Low

Clouds Very Low

Shadows Off

I get good FPS everywhere except big cities where it dips down to at or under 30 fps.

3570k@4.2   8gbRAM@1600mhz  4gb gtx680@1200mhz

I get 17-80+fps depending on where I am. Most settings normal/low, object/texture quality high

I'd set it to something like

-cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=3072 -maxVram=32 -nosplash -noPause -malloc=system -winxp
And use the batch file if you don't want to alt-tab everytime to set DayZ.exe to high priority.
I've read that there's -high parameter to set the game in high priority. I don't know does it really do that or where that parameter even comes but I've read it in many guides.

Freddie your Vram parameter is set only to 32MB and that's very low.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Does anyone know what the Terrain feature even does? I don't notice a difference in any of the quality levels.

Does anyone know what the Terrain feature even does? I don't notice a difference in any of the quality levels.

What it does or did was the density of the all kinds of grass.

But, this is my guess, it is now server locked on normal or low so nobody "cheats" with having this on very low. (that's why when you change it in options it does nothing on the server).

I've read that there's -high parameter to set the game in high priority. I don't know does it really do that or where that parameter even comes but I've read it in many guides.

Freddie your Vram parameter is set only to 32MB and that's very low.

That's the only amount of video RAM I have.

Edited by Powerhouse

That's the only amount of video RAM I have.

OK so you've only some integratded GPU like Intel 4000? Well you're lucky to even get 20fps lol.

will we see any improvement at perfomance in the next updates? since 0.44 my fps only go down . 0.46 just gave the last shot 

0.43 30 fps- 0.44 18 fps (ram bugs) -0.44 (patched) 25 fps - 0.45 and 0.46 17 fps

Edited by Polyandras

will we see any improvement at perfomance in the next updates? since 0.44 my fps only go down . 0.46 just gave the last shot 

0.43 30 fps- 0.44 18 fps (ram bugs) -0.44 (patched) 25 fps - 0.45 and 0.46 17 fps

Not any intentional FPS gains until the new engine (rendering) is implemented. You will see FPS loss and gains through normal updates but they are more of side effects.

OK so you've only some integratded GPU like Intel 4000? Well you're lucky to even get 20fps lol.

Yes, I know. I didn't even think it would run but even though for many games my laptop is below the minimum requirements, it can run on low or normal.

I'm saving up for a desktop. $20 down.