Sign in to follow this  
sinsprophecy

stupid wire and tank traps

is it just me that thinks tank traps and wire fencing kits are just stupid and only used by trolls to block off all the bloody loot spots? i like the idea but its just used to troll at the moment =( is there any way to get past them?

If you find a tool box you can take them down and use them yourself. Wire can be very useful in instances besides trolling, as well.

For instance these guys heard reports of a truck spotted near them heading toward Elektro, so they set up three rows of wire traps to wreck its front tires while they destroyed the people inside from the bushes on the sides of the road and with a sniper in the hills.

EDIT::: Also if you do it right you can climb over the wire with "V" as you would any fence. It is just a bit harder and can not be done if the wire is uphill from you or raised somehow, such as on a doorstep.

I'm pretty sick of this too. Traps everywhere, but nobody using them. This should be rarier, because there are too many everywhere...

EDIT::: Also if you do it right you can climb over the wire with "V" as you would any fence. It is just a bit harder and can not be done if the wire is uphill from you or raised somehow' date=' such as on a doorstep.

[/quote']

Careful trying this, as it only works if the wires is set up improperly. If the wires work properly when you try to step over it, it breaks your legs and makes you bleed out.

Day Z is about survival.

If somebody chooses to survive by denying you access to weapons which may kill him later, then so be it.

Day Z is about survival.

If somebody chooses to survive by denying you access to weapons which may kill him later' date=' then so be it.

[/quote']

silly argument.

fact is wire is being used primarily to grief people or used by server hoppers. in either case it should be removed, or disappear when the player who built it logs off.

its ridiculous walking into a town and having all the best loot spawns blocked and the person who did it isnt even on the server.

I agree, the barbed wire everywhere has become ridiculous. It's funny seeing it a couple times, but when every loot location is blocked off, it ruins the game. Not sure if there is a way to wipe the barbed wire from servers without trashing tents/vehicles?

is it just me that thinks tank traps and wire fencing kits are just stupid and only used by trolls to block off all the bloody loot spots? i like the idea but its just used to troll at the moment =( is there any way to get past them?

Those were introduced for the ZOMG WE WANT COOL BASES guys.

But you can't have any real base in DayZ. Its just designed 100% against bases.

They are silly as f*ck and only get used to grief players. I mean I have a toolbox and if we go into elektro during the night as a raid on the fire stations and the hospital we have to remove tons of it in each house. And even with a toolbox it sometimes takes me 5 minutes to get the right aim at that middle bar of the fence to be able to remove it. Hedgehogs at least are reasy to remove. But if they sometimes fit the fence into the seller area of the supermarket its really hard to even get near the point you have to be to remove it.

EDIT::: Also if you do it right you can climb over the wire with "V" as you would any fence. It is just a bit harder and can not be done if the wire is uphill from you or raised somehow' date=' such as on a doorstep.

[/quote']

well, I must not know how to do it "right". I came across wire completely encircling the control tower at the me air strip yesterday.

There were tank traps placed in the doorway and at the base of the ladder.

I spent a few minutes trying to use v to get over that wi and I could not, despite the fact that it was flat ground and there was plenty of room on both sides.

The argument that people are building "bases" or denying loot to other players so that they can't be killed is bs. This is obviously just another way to server hop and farm gear.

Shrug. If you can't beat them, join them.. Just go to another server, move inside, then switch back.

Oh look' date=' this thread again :v

[/quote']

All of these forums are just a giant echo chamber, saying the same dozen or so things over and over again... Yet we continue to discuss...

Day Z is about survival.

If somebody chooses to survive by denying you access to weapons which may kill him later' date=' then so be it.

[/quote']

silly argument.

fact is wire is being used primarily to grief people or used by server hoppers. in either case it should be removed, or disappear when the player who built it logs off.

its ridiculous walking into a town and having all the best loot spawns blocked and the person who did it isnt even on the server.

Boo hoo, find a way around it.

It's the bloody apocalypse, everything isn't going to be handed to you on a silver platter.

For instance these guys heard reports of a truck spotted near them heading toward Elektro' date=' so they set up three rows of wire traps to wreck its front tires while they destroyed the people inside from the bushes on the sides of the road and with a sniper in the hills.

[/quote']

I roll over wire all the time and it never messes with my tires

well me personally ill log onto a server at night and watch for activity in cherno or elektra and if there isn't any ill hit the hospital the church and the fire house and if wire gets in my way i brake it down with my trusty toolbox and leave

besides wire and tank traps aren't what you should be worried about the bear traps ... they will kill you

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575