Sign in to follow this  
Lithium1056

Role Playing servers?

Ok so I am about 12 hours deep in game play now (which I am sure many of you know means about spawn 10)

I am an Avid role player and fed up with jumping into random servers and trapesing about for an hour trying to scavange something useful only to get shot in the back of the head because someone didn't even bother to warn me they were near or anything. I want to know if anyone knows a good RP server I can join where I can hopefully make my way through some game play actually being afraid of Zombies, I've only been killed once by Zombies, other wise I run off a bit turn and come at them head on. I'd like to stop limiting myself to nearly empty servers as I don't really have anyone that plays this on my FL.

I had hoped to have a more Frankie experience where players at least take aim and warn me they are going to shoot me not dump a round in my head while I splint my leg. When I find guns I rarely have a surplus of ammo, and I almost never run about with them out. I attempt to carry decent items around to aid myself and others. But it's always "Oh look a player! Better shoot him in the face, cause F*** you that's why!"

so any decent suggestions would be nice as far as finding a decent RP server!

• Like 1

I used to play on a private server owned by Katabasis, which was mostly roleplay and the small community it built was pretty good. It's been a while since it closed though. I really liked that server, but since then, haven't seen any solid RP servers for the SA... :(

Still looking.

We play on Vanilla server that is really fun , has active Admins. Some of us are always working together either doing player made missions or making little settlements. 3 of us just fixed and brought a fishing boat down the whole coast to set up a small fishing camp. It was tough having to stop so many times to get warm camp and fix and refuel the boat. Just a small example. We also went to fix and find a Bus to block the front gate at Green mountain to make a fortified camp. Hope to see you out there.

Server IP 69.39.239.144 port 3306

• Like 2

It's hard to believe that there aren't more, yes I know we are still in alpha, but gleebus guys. I treat this game as the closest I ever get to a decent Fallout mmo. My Steam is Lithium_ten56 if any one is open to RPing on low pop servers.

But I'm still amazed at how shady the online populace is. Earlier I was bandaging a wound in a police station when a guy who I assume had been upstairs comes up behind me and shoots me in the back of the head. I realize that it's hard to find friendly people but I am one. I try to keep provisions I find in order to aid people. First aid kits etc. I tend to run around with a melee weapon out because zombie spawns are so sketchy but I don't attack players I had a new guy spawn up yesterday and didn't bother him I said hi he didn't respond so I assumed he was afk and moved on. Idk guess I'm just old school

• Like 1

That sounds great love however I'm in standalone and quickly wishing I'd opted for mod

Ok so I am about 12 hours deep in game play now (which I am sure many of you know means about spawn 10)

I am an Avid role player and fed up with jumping into random servers and trapesing about for an hour trying to scavange something useful only to get shot in the back of the head because someone didn't even bother to warn me they were near or anything. I want to know if anyone knows a good RP server I can join where I can hopefully make my way through some game play actually being afraid of Zombies, I've only been killed once by Zombies, other wise I run off a bit turn and come at them head on. I'd like to stop limiting myself to nearly empty servers as I don't really have anyone that plays this on my FL.

I had hoped to have a more Frankie experience where players at least take aim and warn me they are going to shoot me not dump a round in my head while I splint my leg. When I find guns I rarely have a surplus of ammo, and I almost never run about with them out. I attempt to carry decent items around to aid myself and others. But it's always "Oh look a player! Better shoot him in the face, cause F*** you that's why!"

so any decent suggestions would be nice as far as finding a decent RP server!

Intrinsically it cannot happen yet. Server admins have absolutely no power and, as I understand it (not a server admin) cannot even keep kicking players for KoS'ing without risking their server and their money.

Without that functionality Admins cannot properly block users who come there intending to prey upon your Roleplaying for easy kills, or lock them to keep them private for those who are going to actually RP.

I would love a locked RP server, you would see some neat stuff. 

Can't wait for private hives. I think they would get better test results and bug feedback if they did have that as well as white listing options. I guarantee you if such a server was granted for the DayZRP community they could find way more bugs and probable fixes than just a bunch of COD kiddies running around shooting everything in sight and never reporting anything just exploiting whatever they can just to get a cheap kill. 

• Like 1

I like to doing roleplay in dayz like one time I was roleplay I am old man who losing every family but I am look for my wife in balota forest. I ask every player 'hey you where my wife is?' and sometimes they ask me whare was I last time seeing her? I say it was before apocalypse and then they shoot me.

another time what was funny was when I asked a black lady 'hey did you see my wife where is?' and she said no but we can look together for her so we run to berezino, I said look I don't think she comeing to berezino because there is too much of the violence happen here and the black lady laughing to me say you are right we try to the forest but the server restart and I never seen her again, or my wife.

but it was a joke I don't having wife LOL

• Like 1

The problem is, you cant create any RP rules as of yet, because theres no private servers yet :)

You arent allowed to kick or ban people, if they do something you dont want them to do, so creating an RP server atm in standalone is pointless.

When we get private servers, we will see alot more RP servers, alot more different kinds of servers in general imho, but right now, it does not make sense to try and create a RP servers.

Im a sucker for RP aswell, always RP'ed det mod hehe and im doing the same in standalone, when i play.

But it will be a while before we get proper RP servers tbh.

• Like 1