Sign in to follow this  
Sw3tDr3am

Suddenly get 10fps in EVERY game

I got my Laptop in December and i couldnt be happyer.

Untill today i ran everything i needed at around 60-70 fps, now today for some random reason all my games are 10-20 fps.

Yesterday it was just fine and the only reason that i can occur is that in the middle of the night the computer turned itself on and my brother stupidly decided to just turn it off.

I have tryed in alot of games and this problem is General.

I would love some help on why did my fps in all game suddenlty drop from one day to another! :(

SPECS : 

CPU - Intel Core i7 - 3630!M, 2.4GHz

GPU - Nvidia GeForce gtx 660 2GB

RAM - 16GB

Since your description of the problem is pretty random my suggested solutions will be as well

Not every solution is a likley solution for your specific case, I just list them to cover everything I can think of the top of my head

Possible Problem solving after crashes:

Check your biossettings, maybe it got resetet and needs to be readjusted. If possible you could update it in the process.

Check for windowsupdates; if windows was corrupted by the sudden shutdown you could try to use the crappy win 7 recoverymode from the installation disc. It sucks balls though tbh.

Check for driver updates, given the fact that all games run crappy your graphiccard's driver could be corrupt and you need to reinstall it. I would suggest to update your chipset drivers first.

Check the profiles that are set for your graphiccard. Since you have a nvidiacard I highly suggest that you set the option "always run with full power" in the dayz profile. (can't remember exact name should sound like that).

Check for viruses or maleware that could eat up your network bandwidth or system resources.

Check if there are programs or services that are using to much of your computers resources (task manager)

Check your harddrive for errors with the tool from the manufactorer.

Check the temperatures of the sensors your laptop has.

Check the dayz game settings for changes

Reinstall the game in case you found problems with your harddrive, if this is the case I highly suggest you save all your important data to an external drive before the hdd dies for good.

Last but not least: buy me some icecream, it's too damn hot in here

Edited by TyrDaishi

Hello there

Also check your Power Save settings, your PC may be throttling back to save power.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

Also check your Power Save settings, your PC may be throttling back to save power.

Rgds

LoK

Good call. If I run from battery even on maximum performance setting I get single figures. Often freaks me out when I accidentally knock out the power cable.

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

I cant believe that i didnt check that, Thank you LoK  :D

Hello there

Let us know if it solves it.

Rgds

LoK