Day Z Day 6:

Grenades? Grenades.

The world was awash with Pants, Torches and Hats. Every door was open, even the most discreet hut in the middle of nowhere had been sacked, and was adorned in pants and torches.

It felt wrong. No Zs. Just an abundance of blue jeans and beanies. Piles of loot stripped from the dead -- all broken. Chaos had swallowed this server whole, and we did not like that. Those responsible were clearly above the law. We moved on to another.

The next world seemed more in line with expectations. Some tactical bacon. The occasional round for a gun you don't have, and a gun for which you own no ammo. The usual..

Half the group had set up camp in an abandoned abode opposite the house of worship in Svet. Armed, fed and watered they waited as the remaining 3 of us headed up the coast north to meet them.

A call comes out over the waves, voices heard in Svet. They were close. Were they aware of our cell hidden atop the stairwells? Were they aware of us approaching to regroup from the south? They might not have known about the approaching three, but yes -- they did know about the posse seeking salvation atop the stairs.

All we could hear from the forest as we approached Svet were what could be described as tremors -- earth shaking, rumbling echoes of death. The people we were going to meet were turned to vapour. Dust. Three good men, laid to waste - not before filling one with rounds mind.

We continued north, towards the cacophony. Towards our assumed demise. 2 of 3 of us armed with Rifles, one with a scary face and a knack of having the game crash just as shit gets real.

Scary face crashes
Rifle buddy disconnects

I'm alone. in a city laid to siege by people with more grenades than is legitimately possible to find.

I spot the room where my brother and brothers in arms fell. Nicely marked with a flare. Not aware of whether or not flares can be lit and thrown, or must be held by a person, I approached the building cautiously. I ascend the stair wells, nervously training my rifle upwards - waiting for the moment the crosshair meets with flesh.

It doesn't. The I find the rucksacks of the fallen -- filled with all kinds of fucked stuff.

I hold fort - awaiting the return of either rifle buddy or scary face crash master. Rifle buddy returns. Crash master scary face returns to find himself dead on the road. Maybe Zs. Maybe something else... My rifle toting comrade joins me, and covering each other we sprint out in to the open.

But lo - Lord Doorz of the fallen has respawned - just by the Svet Docks. This joyous moment, however, is short lived, as the grenade toting lunatics take him hostage - hand cuffs and rotten zucchini their new weapons of choice. Doorz is taken hostage at the docks. We know what had to be done. We double checked our rifles had the 2 rounds in the chamber they could take. 4 rounds total. 4 men to kill. 1 hostage to save.

The game was afoot.

We approach the docks, rifle buddy and I, with my brother catching up from behind -- unarmed but with some medical supplies for when we emerge victorious, but perhaps a little bloodied.

Optimistic? Optimistic.

Wayne - rifle buddy - spots Lord Doorz on his knees down by the cargo containers, a face full of rotten zucchini, a little dribble rolling down his chin on to his ragged shirt. We couldn't see his eyes, but we knew if we could they would speak volumes.

A Wild Bambi appears. Before he even knew what was afoot, or what was going on, he forfeit his pants in quickly assessed assassination from Wayne. The shot (rightly) roused the suspicions of the hostage takers, who turned face and began opening fire.

Wayne on the left, myself in the shrubberies to the right, we started taking shots back. I sink one in to a guys leg and he drops to the floor. Wayne claims the life of one hostage taker -- in their desperation they execute Lord Doors, the Zucchini shame faced bambi. In rage, I rise from the shrubbery, placing myself in clear view. I fire off everything I have (2 rounds at a time baby!). I'm sure I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at this point, but unverified. Broken leg man is still with it -- I see him over by the warehouse prone in the grass, I line up with another fresh round, my aim is off, the wobble. OHH the wobble.

I'm dead.

Wayne finds another hostage with a bullet. 2 down, 1 or 2 to go.

Wayne falls. Silence fills svet....

Brother approaches the docks with such extreme caution. Ever aware that many men just lost their lives - this adventure could prove very profitable. If only he can keep his head down and out of sight. Play the stalk. Play the game. Be the Sneak. BE ONE WITH THE SHA---POP.

GG.

Edited by misterleroy
  • Like 2

I say you chaps - it's that psycopath serial-killer who lives on green mountain with his zombie sidekick - he claims himself, by his own count, he has killed 902 innocent travellers up there. He invites you to sit around the fire and tell your story, and he smiles at you in the reddish flickering light, while his zombie sneaks up carefully with that old rusty jagged scythe, that he can just easily, silently, slip round your neck from behind..

.. and ...  shqueep !

Edited by pilgrim

I say you chaps - it's that psycopath serial-killer who lives on green mountain with his zombie sidekick - he claims himself, by his own count, he has killed 902 innocent travellers up there. He invites you to sit around the fire and tell your story, and he smiles at you in the reddish flickering light, while his zombie sneaks up carefully with that old rusty jagged scythe, that he can just easily, silently, slip round your neck from behind..

.. and ...  shqueep !

It's not over 9000 yet so no one cares.

• Like 1

It's not over 9000 yet so no one cares.

yes - quite a normal chap, really

but why does he want to hear the story before he ...

yes - quite a normal chap, really

but why does he want to hear the story before he ...

I guess he's starting to get lonely up there.. I mean all he has to do all day is listen to the daily number broadcast and feed his sidekick zombie.. 

• Like 1

how many of these topics are you going to make?

How to make turtle bisque:

Recipe: Soothing Turtle Bisque
Item Level 30 Use: Teaches you how to cook a Soothing Turtle Bisque.
Requires Cooking (175)
Sell Price: 5 50

Soothing Turtle Bisque
Item Level 25
Use: Restores 176 health over 27 sec.  Must remain seated while eating.  If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 8 Stamina and Spirit for 15 min.
Requires Level 25
Max Stack: 20
Sell Price: 3

Requires Turtle Meat