commanderbash

heard someone talk on global,, what's going on?

was on a server, (public/regular) and I heard someone talk on sidechat(global) somehow, he was talking to another player who was not within eye sight and to our knowledge, not within the city and was saying he sees them trying to hide, me and the gf were in berezino at least 200m apart and we both herd him as if he was right beside us..

I checked the channels to make sure sidechat wasn't showing up, and it only shown direct as an option... so what's going on?

This occurred to me once...pretty scary lol was like 3 am and the admin messaged me saying not to kill anyone 

Admins can communicate globally.

are you sure of that? also he addressed the player by name, do admins see player names too?

are you sure of that? also he addressed the player by name, do admins see player names too?

I am sure, but not sure his reasoning for communicating.  I don't know what other privilege's admins have, but anybody can see player names.  Maybe he was near the guy and knew his name, but forgot he was admin chatting not player chatting?  Who knows?

this is new information for me, how can you tell a players name without them typing in chat or stating it?

You can check their pulse to see their name directly.  Otherwise, if you press P i think you can see a list of all players, but of course it doesn't say who are where they are.

yeah, he seemed to be calling out to a player, and knew him by name, either way, it was un-nerving.

Every time it's happened to me the person has been unaware that they were global.

This happened to me the other day.  Freaked me out for a second.  I was deep in the woods cooking deer meat over a camp fire.  Then I hear (very loudly) "You can't even kill me and I don't have a weapon!"  So I stood up and looked around real quick.  Then I took out my fire axe and then he said, "What are you, an idiot!?"  That's when I started running around looking all over the place.  I don't even know if he was talking to me but it was definitely strange/coincidental/freaky.

You think that's bad? Wait until someone's on Global unwittingly but also trying to be sneaky, so all you hear as you're in the deepest part of a forest is someone whispering in your ear, "Hey, I'm moving right, you move left and flank his ass. He'll never know what hit him." I swear to god, the only time I've ever logged immediately. Freaky as fuck.

• Like 5

was on a server, (public/regular) and I heard someone talk on sidechat(global) somehow, he was talking to another player who was not within eye sight and to our knowledge, not within the city and was saying he sees them trying to hide, me and the gf were in berezino at least 200m apart and we both herd him as if he was right beside us..

I checked the channels to make sure sidechat wasn't showing up, and it only shown direct as an option... so what's going on?

Yes, I have had that a couple of times as well. I think sometimes someones direct chat just glitches into the global channel.

First time it was a very annoying squeaker who just kept on yelling "friendly" and "don't shoot". Was very satisfying when someone finally killed him and he ragequitted server. The other time it was an experienced player meeting a random newbie, and guiding him through stuff. Somewhat informative.

This happened to me yesterday for the first time. Someone said "shut up, i can't hear Sam!" and it was very clear and loud as though they were standing next to me.

Thankfully I was in the woods en route to Vybor so my WTF!!? moment didn't last too long. ;)  

i had that happen on a french server.

suddenly the admin started : alloh, alloh .... everyone is invited to come to berezino. me gonna kill all players !!! me already killed 13 players today. come to berezino and get me ....

for about 5 min with a very strong french accent. 

we laughed our balls off.

and then went to berezino and killed everybody we encounterd. i dont know if we got the admin. but we certainly left no one there to shoot for him. :lol: