angel_eyes42

Where are all the DAY/NIGHT cycle servers?!?

It is true unless there's something wrong. I am currently with Vilayer and have been with Multiplay and Gameservers and it's the same with all GSP's. Every 4hrs hours regardless of what you think, the servers will restart. Ask your GSP or look in their description of DayZ servers.

https://www.vilayer.com/gameinfo/DayZ-Standalone.html

And yes, I'm calling bullshit.

Actually no.

56ocZWA.png

These will restart only when I tell them to.

So regarding my last post and questions, how do you suppose this server has a "24 hour day night cycle"?

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/217.23.8.102:2602/

It can't, unless they are manually setting the in game time when the server restarts. If you have Admins that around 24/7 to do this, it's possible but definitely not automatically.

That would be the only way to accomplish a 24hr Day/Night cycle because when the server restarts it restarts at the time it's set for.

Actually no.

56ocZWA.png

These will restart only when I tell them to.

So are you telling me that you're running hacked versions of the Standalone because I'm not sure what else to get from this.

All Standalone(Official) servers that are connected to the main hive restart at 4hr intervals and there's nothing you can do about it.

Edited by R.Neville

It can't, unless they are manually setting the in game time when the server restarts. If you have Admins that around 24/7 to do this, it's possible but definitely not automatically.

That would be the only way to accomplish a 24hr Day/Night cycle because when the server restarts it restarts at the time it's set for.

-snipped a bit-

Well, that sucks.

Anyway, whats this server I see in your sig? I like. I looked at the website and the gametracker page, seems pretty nice. I assume that it's 24/7 daytime? I might have to suck it up and play there (or something similar) as it seems your server is perfect in ever other way (against donor loadouts, preserving horror and PvP, etc., etc.).

Well, that sucks.

Anyway, whats this server I see in your sig? I like. I looked at the website and the gametracker page, seems pretty nice. I assume that it's 24/7 daytime? I might have to suck it up and play there (or something similar) as it seems your server is perfect in ever other way (against donor loadouts, preserving horror and PvP, etc., etc.).

My server is located in AU so not sure what your ping would be but no I do not have a 24/7 Day server. I set it to get at least an hour of night play so it bounces from a 3am in game time to an in game time of 5pm.

Currently I am testing a 4pm in game time, but don't seem to get enough night for my liking within the 4hr period that the server is up.  ;)

I will always have a day/night cycle, whether that be accelerated, 24hr cycle or what I am able to do currently.

Edited by R.Neville

So are you telling me that you're running hacked versions of the Standalone because I'm not sure what else to get from this.

All Standalone(Official) servers that are connected to the main hive restart at 4hr intervals and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hacked versions? Absolutely not, only steam registered versions can work with those. But they do run on my own hive, you are correct there.

Also even if a server is restarted, day and night will continue based on the servers clock, but of course a lot of servers do specify static times.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

My server is located in AU so not sure what your ping would be but no I do not have a 24/7 Day server. I set it to get at least an hour of night play so it bounces from a 3am in game time to an in game time of 5pm.

Currently I am testing a 4pm in game time, but don't seem to get enough night for my liking within the 4hr period that the server is up.  ;)

I will always have a day/night cycle, whether that be accelerated, 24hr cycle or what I am able to do currently.

That sounds great! It seems pretty active too.

I love all of your points on the website, and the fact that you share my day/night cycle preferences (more or less) makes it all the more perfect. It's nice to know that if the capability of a true 24 hour day/night cycle comes around in the DayZ SA you will consider (or at least that's what it sounds like). 

So it's basically like any other server? Do what you want? No special clans or events or anything that I have to worry about? Plenty of varied players? Sometimes servers that have such a connected community means that they are not really free-for-all do-what-you-want oriented, which is not what I am looking for.

Edited by angel_eyes42

I love all of your points on the website, and the fact that you share my day/night cycle preferences (more or less) makes it all the more perfect. It's nice to know that if the capability of a true 24 hour day/night cycle comes around in the DayZ SA you will consider (or at least that's what it sounds like). 

So it's basically like any other server? Do what you want? No special clans or events or anything that I have to worry about? Plenty of varied players? Sometimes servers that have such a connected community means that they are not really free-for-all do-what-you-want oriented, which is not what I am looking for.

A lot of servers are like that, personally I love these types, actually roaming around at night with a headtorch on brings a new feel to the game, as you are more in danger too. I really want to see more servers like this. No more static times.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

Hacked versions? Absolutely not, only steam registered versions can work with those. But they do run on my own hive, you are correct there.

So if it's not connected to the main hive, it doesn't actually count as well as not being very legal.

You are free to play as you see fit, although I do frown upon certain douchebaggery(using exploits and the like). If anything, there may be serverwide events in the future but nothing you need to concern yourself about if you don't want.

Restricting playstyles in DayZ is not my idea of what DayZ is, but being a douchebag is definitely not fun either.

Although, the server is an official TOG server, we are not a clan. We are a multinational gaming community with thousands of members and our basic code of conduct is complete fairness in gameplay. We don't cheat and are mature gamers who don't pull the bullshit you see with a lot of clans.

Edited by R.Neville

So if it's not connected to the main hive, it doesn't actually count as well as not being very legal.

You are free to play as you see fit, although I do frown upon certain douchebaggery(using exploits and the like). If anything, there may be serverwide events in the future but nothing you need to concern yourself about if you don't want.

Restricting playstyles in DayZ is not my idea of what DayZ is, but being a douchebag is definitely not fun either. 

Sounds even more perfect than before! Hacking aside (that's just straight up cheating, not even douchebaggery), I hate KoS and so on but I think that it should never be a bannable offense or illegal in any way. It's what makes the game fun. You must have assholes, in my opinion, for DayZ to be fun. That's why I hate these servers that require you to be kind and participate in events, etc.. The simulation of humanity, as I said in a previous post, is why I play.

Also I like night.

I'll hop on in a bit, I am on East Coast America so we shall see how well it works out ping-wise. If it doesn't, I wish all the luck to you, and I hope I find something as good as your server.

There is nothing illegal about it or hacking about it, the only difference with those two servers is your character data is saved to a separate database these servers provide. Characters created on those servers are only saved there. Think of it like DayZ Modded private servers. Same thing.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

There is nothing illegal about it or hacking about it, the only difference with those two servers is your character data is saved to a separate database these servers provide. Characters created on those servers are only saved there. Think of it like DayZ Modded private servers. Same thing.

I thought there is no such thing as private hive in the standalone, though? At least that's what I thought he was implying.

But I dunno. More power to you if you have a server running the normal day night cycle because you have full control. If only it had more traffic...

Edited by angel_eyes42

Private hives are not allowed currently and when they are they will be a shard of the main hive not local like Xelpher is suggesting.

Although, the server is an official TOG server, we are not a clan. We are a multinational gaming community with thousands of members and our basic code of conduct is complete fairness in gameplay. We don't cheat and are mature gamers who don't pull the bullshit you see with a lot of clans.

As long as the whole fucking server doesn't consists of a clan, I am fine. I play lone-wolf unless I team up for a limited amount of time and it's nice if there are others like that on a server.

Another double post. Heh, sue me.

Edit: Nevermind, no double post. Hah.

Edited by angel_eyes42

I thought there is no such thing as private hive in the standalone, though? At least that's what I thought he was implying.

But I dunno. More power to you if you have a server running the normal day night cycle because you have full control. If only it had more traffic...

A lot of people do not like starting again :P But yes I love standalone I just do not agree with the public hive, far too many people loot up on empty servers, and then go KOS crazy on busy servers, they didnt earn the gear, they just run to NW Airfield and cycle empty servers. You see it enough with some streamers, they are nicely geared before the stream starts usually, but not pointing fingers, some streamers like lirik do actually work for the gear.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

A lot of people do not like starting again :P But yes I love standalone I just do not agree with the public hive, far too many people loot up on empty servers, and then go KOS crazy on busy servers, they didnt earn the gear, they just run to NW Airfield and cycle empty servers.

Hah! I love starting over! That's another reason why I play DayZ. I have some condition where I after I play a game for a while and get lots of gear or level up or so on, I hate it. I love starting from scratch. That's why I have 20 something characters in most RPG games and couldn't keep a single Minecraft world longer than a week when I played Minecraft.

But I understand your point. Too bad private hives aren't 'allowed' yet.

As long as the whole fucking server doesn't consists of a clan, I am fine. I play lone-wolf unless I team up for a limited amount of time and it's nice if there are others like that on a server.

Another double post. Heh, sue me.

Edit: Nevermind, no double post. Hah.

No, the whole server does not consist of our community members. Even though I am a TOGger I mostly play lone wolf style and will shoot other TOGgers if they so choose.  :D

No, the whole server does not consist of our community members. Even though I am a TOGger I mostly play lone wolf style and will shoot other TOGgers if they so choose.  :D

Ha! Hahaha! That's awesome!

Alright, I must test my ping on this server.

Hah! I love starting over! That's another reason why I play DayZ. I have some condition where I after I play a game for a while and get lots of gear or level up or so on, I hate it. I love starting from scratch. That's why I have 20 something characters in most RPG games and couldn't keep a single Minecraft world longer than a week when I played Minecraft.

But I understand your point. Too bad private hives aren't 'allowed' yet.

Indeed! I do not mind it at all. Its another reason we usually wipe the database after an event, it keeps it fresh and everyone who has been on my servers has said its has got them playing again, because the game had become stale just sitting there scared to loose your gear.

Indeed! I do not mind it at all. Its another reason we usually wipe the database after an event, it keeps it fresh and everyone who has been on my servers has said its has got them playing again, because the game had become stale just sitting there scared to loose your gear.

Exactly. That's why I don't cry -...that much...- after I get KoS'd or something.

Exactly. That's why I don't cry -...that much...- after I get KoS'd or something.

Having a little cry after a KoS is not a bad thing :P Sometimes it really does suck, but that is DayZ

Having a little cry after a KoS is not a bad thing :P Sometimes it really does suck, but that is DayZ

It still makes me mad, especially if I am a fresh spawn but I don't get too mad because I get to restart.

Nooooo! Sadly I get 250-300 ping on your server, which is most likely unplayable.

Aw.

Nooooo! Sadly I get 250-300 ping on your server, which is most likely unplayable.

Aw.

Ouch that's pretty high, but if its with Vilayer you may be okay with 250 ping, since I have noticed server side strain seems to be pretty low with them. Maybe not too many server instances per dedi.

Ouch that's pretty high, but if its with Vilayer you may be okay with 250 ping, since I have noticed server side strain seems to be pretty low with them. Maybe not too many server instances per dedi.

Yeah, I have never played with that high of a ping count. I dunno if it's Vilayer, I suppose Mr. Neville will let me know.

Well, that sucks.

HIHB server is Best server. Day/Night cycle is as good as you're gonna find currently, and playerbase seems to consist of more mature/hardcore players using strategy instead of running balls out hoping for good luck. 

OT Got a played daily 2 month old character killed there yesterday showing my bambi IRL mate around NWAF. Note to self; just because you've run into 10 friendly players in a row, doesn't mean the next one isn't going to KoS you. Never even got a chance, had spent 15 minutes watching the area and decided it was clear, first bullet he fired killed me instantly and my bambi mate just ran outside like a headless chicken instead of taking cover :P Probably a fkn hopper too just spawned in inside the base after we had checked over the area. Always remember not to take this game too seriously lol, shit happens.

[ed] Shout out to R.Neville. Thank you for running the only server I bother playing on.

Edited by zeeabo
  • Like 2