angel_eyes42

Where are all the DAY/NIGHT cycle servers?!?

So I have been playing the DayZ mod for the past few weeks and am in love. But, I really want to try out the Standalone. It seems that though it's missing many features, it's rich in others and the promise of more to come is great. But, I'm not going to drop the cash on it until I can decide if it has good servers. 

The servers that I play on in the mod are day/night, normal loot, basically just vanilla DayZ mod. I call them "hardcore-ish" because most servers these days are "24/7 DAY!! LOOT LOOT LOOT! OMFG LESS ZOMBIES MORE LOOT!" and it's just annoying. 

So I'm going through the standalone server list, and that is all I see. "Extra loot, 24/7 day," etc., etc.. Or "friendly! No PvP!". Who wants to play like that? Apparently a lot of people. But not me.

My question is, are there any good, day/night, regular or veteran, good standalone servers out there? I'm not asking people to name names here because I know that might lead to an influx in unwanted trolls and hackers, but can someone please tell me if they even exist? Should I not get the standalone if these are the types of servers I'm looking for? PM me if you have any specific servers.

Thanks.

Edit: I now own the standalone and this has turned into a wonderful discussion about the current state of the day/night cycle and servers that are trying to preserve the true spirit of a survival horror game like DayZ. If you have any server suggestions still feel free to post here for everyone's benefit!

Edited by angel_eyes42
  • Like 1

Always played vanilla servers in the mod, which are pretty rare as of now.

Extra loot, friendly, no pvp, and everything else to attract or deattract people are mostly fake.

Extra loot mostly means that the server restarts every 1-4 hours.

Friendly and no pvp is to attrack pve players and trick them just to be shot on sight anyway.

There are no ways to enforce a certain playstyle at the moment!

I have been searching for a hardcore (3rd person off) server that restarts every 24hours or at least every 12hours for the last weeks. I've come across one single server (regular though) that had 12 hour restarts. Please tell me if you find one :)

Edited by sm00tje

I have been searching for a hardcore (3rd person off) server that restarts every 24hours or at least every 12hours for the last weeks. I've come across one single server (regular though) that had 12 hour restarts. Please tell me if you find one :)

Its not possible atm. We tried it with all 5 GSPs and no server can handle the load after a few hours. 2h restarts are a must have right now when the server is populated.

However we are looking for mature DayZ players [18+] to join our hardcore servers. And play with all the Clans/Groups/Teams that are forming to survive there.You can head over to www.DayZUSC.com - check us out and register a account to link up with other players and new friends. SeeYou inGame

Edited by VanValdenburg

Yeah, you're not going to find anything that doesn't restart every 2 or 4 hours at least. It has to be done to keep servers running well. 

That's no biggie for me. I just want to know if I will be able to find a good server after I buy the standalone, because I'm not doing it 'till I know for sure!

But I also don't want to play on a whitelisted server where people have to meet requirements to play and must participate in a group... I want to find a public server.

Also, please don't let this thread turn into an ad for your own servers... just let me know if they exist.

Edited by angel_eyes42

I will keep one of my servers up for 12hrs without a restart, let me know if it becomes unstable for being up for so long..

Give 198.245.61.126:2302 a try.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

So it turns out there there are some good servers hiding among the hundreds of "extra loot!" "no zombies!" "24/7 day!" servers. I have yet to test if they are indeed day/night, but I have managed to get a little favorite list of good candidates (I bit the bullet and purchased the standalone).

Any recommendations are welcome, probably by PM if you don't want hackers and trolls flocking over.

Thanks.

I have 3 servers, Currently #1 will stay running for 12hrs without restart #2 every 4 hrs and #3 (Vilayer) every 2hrs.

I have 3 servers, Currently #1 will stay running for 12hrs without restart #2 every 4 hrs and #3 (Vilayer) every 2hrs.

....Ok? Congrats. Not sure how well 12 hours is going to work out for you.

Anyway, back on topic.

After sifting through the server list, I am becoming even more depressed. It seems that there is no such thing as a *populated* day/night server in DayZ standalone. Yay for wasting money!

....Ok? Congrats. Not sure how well 12 hours is going to work out for you.

Anyway, back on topic.

After sifting through the server list, I am becoming even more depressed. It seems that there is no such thing as a *populated* day/night server in DayZ standalone. Yay for wasting money!

Thats why I said give mine a try for standalone, its day/night without restarts, need some tests to see how well they preform without restarts.

• Like 1

Update to experimental and join us in hardcore! :D

Thats why I said give mine a try for standalone, its day/night without restarts, need some tests to see how well they preform without restarts.

Ah, thanks. I thought you were talking to the other user solely about restarts. Sadly, it seems that your server(s) are not very populated at the moment. I'm looking for servers that have plenty of players. 

I have found a few and I hope to slowly find more to build up my list. Thanks.

Edit: I take that back. I have found no good servers. WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE THE DAY/NIGHT CYCLE?!?!

Edited by angel_eyes42

Sorry not sorry for the double post...

Well, I finally just searched "night" on some server website and have found 3. Three lonely little day/night cycle servers out there among the hordes of "24/7 day!" or "24/7 night!" or "high loot!" or "no zombies!". Let's just say that I am disappointed that people want to play like that. I mean, this is a survival game... it's meant to be played like that. I know that the standalone doesn't have many night-features or ways to see but come on... anyway. More suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

This is why I am having trouble getting players, nobody wants to be on a full 24hr day/night cycle server, or a server that doesn't restart every 2hrs its becoming a pain.

• Like 1

This is why I am having trouble getting players, nobody wants to be on a full 24hr day/night cycle server, or a server that doesn't restart every 2hrs its becoming a pain.

What's your aversion to restarting every 2-4 hours?

If you can get a more active player base, I would love to play on your servers. Sounds like you share the same ideals as me regarding night/day cycle stuff and so forth... but nobody else does, it seems!

What servers do you play on? You can PM me if you want.

Edited by angel_eyes42

What's your aversion to restarting every 2-4 hours?

If you can get a more active player base, I would love to play on your servers. Sounds like you share the same ideals as me regarding night/day cycle stuff and so forth... but nobody else does, it seems!

What servers do you play on? You can PM me if you want.

I only play on mine, they are listed here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/201106-delta-zone-dayz-public-2/ The one in my signature is the one I use the most.

Oh, that has to be quite lonely... :(

Nahh I get a few friends on, usually around 5 to 11 on, the server picks up in the weekend usually around here.

Nahh I get a few friends on, usually around 5 to 11 on, the server picks up in the weekend usually around here.

Ah, nice.

What's the timezone? (is it UK?)

I just feel like DayZ is not fun unless I'm playing on a 20-40 person server... The "humanity simulation" is why I play. I feel like with a small number of people, everyone is going to either be good or bad, and not find each other around the world, ya know?

Ugh, I had the best server to play on for DayZ Mod and now I feel like I have wasted my money on the standalone... Nobody wants to play on a server that has nights! Bleh.

So I have been playing the DayZ mod for the past few weeks and am in love. But, I really want to try out the Standalone. It seems that though it's missing many features, it's rich in others and the promise of more to come is great. But, I'm not going to drop the cash on it until I can decide if it has good servers. 

The servers that I play on in the mod are day/night, normal loot, basically just vanilla DayZ mod. I call them "hardcore-ish" because most servers these days are "24/7 DAY!! LOOT LOOT LOOT! OMFG LESS ZOMBIES MORE LOOT!" and it's just annoying. 

So I'm going through the standalone server list, and that is all I see. "Extra loot, 24/7 day," etc., etc.. Or "friendly! No PvP!". Who wants to play like that? Apparently a lot of people. But not me.

My question is, are there any good, day/night, regular or veteran, good standalone servers out there? I'm not asking people to name names here because I know that might lead to an influx in unwanted trolls and hackers, but can someone please tell me if they even exist? Should I not get the standalone if these are the types of servers I'm looking for? PM me if you have any specific servers.

Thanks.

This is what servers say to attract players, it is impossible for them to set more loot or less zombies, relax and play.

This is what servers say to attract players, it is impossible for them to set more loot or less zombies, relax and play.

Well, those are just things that piss me off. What I really actually care about is the day/night cycle. Why why why do no servers have the default day/night cycle? I am sorry but the 24/7 day servers are starting to irritate the hell out of me... there are so many. There is no variation!

Edit: I know, I know, lots of people don't like day, especially in the SA because of the lack of features and visibility, but come on! There are no servers that have the day/night cycle!

Edited by angel_eyes42

Standalone servers cannot go for more than 4hrs without being restarted, it happens automatically and there's nothing you can do about it.

The only thing you can do is get shorter restart times but past 4hrs is not currently possible.

This is what hinders Day/Night cycles to a point. You can have the server restart at an in game time where you can get some sort of day/night cycle. What needs to happen is like in the mod, upon restarts the server continues in game time where it leaves off when it restarts.

Or we get accelerated time.

Edited by R.Neville

Standalone servers cannot go for more than 4hrs without being restarted, it happens automatically and there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing you can do is get shorter restart times but past 4hrs is not currently possible.

Thats not 100% true. One of mine has been running for 12hrs solid.

Standalone servers cannot go for more than 4hrs without being restarted, it happens automatically and there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing you can do is get shorter restart times but past 4hrs is not currently possible.

What does that have to do with the day/night cycle? I thought a server can be restarted but still continue on the normal time cycle... but I might just be stupid.

Well yeah, but I am sure the more people that play on it, the more memory being used and the more clutter, etc. in the world, so the less the server has to do? Your servers don't seem to get *all that much* traffic so they might not necessarily be a good gauge. 

Though it would be nice if servers could go longer without restarts, if it does indeed affect the day/night cycle.

Edit to account for your edited post, R.Neville:

Standalone servers cannot go for more than 4hrs without being restarted, it happens automatically and there's nothing you can do about it.

The only thing you can do is get shorter restart times but past 4hrs is not currently possible.

This is what hinders Day/Night cycles to a point. You can have the server restart at an in game time where you can get some sort of day/night cycle. What needs to happen is like in the mod, upon restarts the server continues in game time where it leaves off when it restarts.

Or we get accelerated time.

Oh......... so the standalone handles restarts differently from the mod? That's why?

Damn. I did waste my money.

*cries and goes back to mod*

That's really, really, very depressing.

Edited by angel_eyes42

It is true unless there's something wrong. I am currently with Vilayer and have been with Multiplay and Gameservers and it's the same with all GSP's. Every 4hrs hours regardless of what you think, the servers will restart. Ask your GSP or look in their description of DayZ servers.

https://www.vilayer.com/gameinfo/DayZ-Standalone.html

And yes, I'm calling bullshit.

It is true unless there's something wrong. I am currently with Vilayer and have been with Multiplay and Gameservers and it's the same with all GSP's. Every 4hrs hours regardless of what you think, the servers will restart. Ask your GSP or look in their description of DayZ servers.

https://www.vilayer.com/gameinfo/DayZ-Standalone.html

And yes, I'm calling bullshit.

So regarding my last post and questions, how do you suppose this server has a "24 hour day night cycle"?

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/217.23.8.102:2602/