Sign in to follow this  
blazed

Is Controlled Spawn points still in the Road Map, any news?

I remember Rocket talking about controlled spawn points in the initial roadmap, he briefly mentioned it and it was the most exciting thing for me at least.

Can we get any official statement whether it's still in the roadmap, planned, worked on or ditched please?

I quit this game like over 2 months ago and also lost interest in the forums as you can see from my last post, I've been following the small updates which are just the finer details of gameplay nothing major or game changing.

The other day I hopped on to play with some friends who were playing dayz (rare these days) and I spent 30 mins running to them and shortly after died, I just closed the game and forgot about the whole thing. I've had my fun with dayz over 300 hours, but the game is no longer for me, I don't want to lonewolf as I find it boring and I don't want to spend 30-40mins running to friends each time I die or log in, so that's me out then heh?

I know the people in these forums (which does not reflect the overall gamers opinion who purchased dayz) love their hiking simulations, but srly f**k em, please cater just a least a little tiny bit of love towards the mass population.

Edited by blazed

I remember Rocket talking about controlled spawn points in the initial roadmap, he briefly mentioned it and it was the most exciting thing for me at least.

Can we get any official statement whether it's still in the roadmap, planned, worked on or ditched please?

I quit this game like over 2 months ago and also lost interest in the forums as you can see from my last post, I've been following the small updates which are just the finer details of gameplay nothing major or game changing.

The other day I hopped on to play with some friends who were playing dayz (rare these days) and I spent 30 mins running to them and shortly after died, I just closed the game and forgot about the whole thing. I've had my fun with dayz over 300 hours, but the game is no longer for me, I don't want to lonewolf as I find it boring and I don't want to spend 30-40mins running to friends each time I die or log in, so that's me out then heh?

I know the people in these forums (which does not reflect the overall gamers opinion who purchased dayz) love their hiking simulations, but srly f**k em, please cater just a least a little tiny bit of love towards the mass population.

You lost my sympathy right there, man... Perhaps you want to rephrase that ;)

• Like 5

You lost my sympathy right there, man... Perhaps you want to rephrase that ;)

It doesn't matter how nicely I phrase it, i've bought up the topic of few times and it always starts a flamewar. They will argue for what they want and I will argue for what I want, otherwise it's over for me anyway as far as DayZ goes. Unless we can mod servers later and add all this manually to our own server than that would be great.

Controlled spawn points sound like an excellent idea. But there are those of us who are not seriously into the hiking simulator side of things that do like to lonewolf. However, more often than not, you spawn in the middle of nowhere and have to hike your way to some likely looking village for supplies, hoping that you don't run into some KOS asshat along the way. And, when you do get there, x-ray eyed zombies with a turn of speed that'd make Barry Allen blink haul ass from like five miles away - running through trees and buildings in their eagerness to eat your brains and all you've got to defend yourself is... well nothing really.

I'm not asking for the game to be simplified or made easier (although I do think it unrealistic that a zombie wil chase you from one edge of the map to the other and back again unless you're lucky enough to break LOS) but a choice of controlled spawn points with low loot and low or no zombies might help people ease into the gamea little better.

I've been away for a couple of months myself and, I have to say, I'm very disappointed that the problems with zombies simply running through buildings, players dropping through architecture and getting irrevocably stuck (happened to me twice), problems with servers suddenly & inexplicably dumping you and then having to wait 90 seconds to spawn back in, and servers that simply sit there saying "Please wait..." and do nothing still haven't been resolved. Unless these problems are fixed, people are going to start drifting away from Dayz in favour of less punishing survival games (I have at least 2 friends who've sworn off Dayz and uninstalled it and who have advised several of their friends not to bother with the game at all). If that's a repeated trend, Dayz is pretty much screwed for commercial release. (assuming we ever get out of alpha)... word of mouth carries much more weight than you migh think.

It doesn't matter how nicely I phrase it, i've bought up the topic of few times and it always starts a flamewar. They will argue for what they want and I will argue for what I want, otherwise it's over for me anyway as far as DayZ goes. Unless we can mod servers later and add all this manually to our own server than that would be great.

I'm afraid that there are a vociferous few who will shout down any suggestion that makes Dayz appear even slightly less hardcore because it doesn't fit in with their "vision" of how the game should be. Doesn't matter if its a good suggestion or not, if it doesn't fit their vision of the game, they'll haul out all the glass cannons and pointless bullshit they can muster to scream down the opposition.

This bloody stupid 90-second wait is all their fault - they cried and complained about people "server-hopping" to cherry-pick loot or avoid getting killed. Boo-hoo. It would be fine if the servers didn't decide to kick you for no reason whatsoever but they do... repeatedly - that, or the game CTD's . But no, they had to have their "fix" for a minor problem installed. So what did BI do? Slapped a plaster on it and didn't try to fix the underlaying problem.

I'm afraid that there are a vociferous few who will shout down any suggestion that makes Dayz appear even slightly less hardcore because it doesn't fit in with their "vision" of how the game should be. Doesn't matter if its a good suggestion or not, if it doesn't fit their vision of the game, they'll haul out all the glass cannons and pointless bullshit they can muster to scream down the opposition.

This bloody stupid 90-second wait is all their fault - they cried and complained about people "server-hopping" to cherry-pick loot or avoid getting killed. Boo-hoo. It would be fine if the servers didn't decide to kick you for no reason whatsoever but they do... repeatedly - that, or the game CTD's . But no, they had to have their "fix" for a minor problem installed. So what did BI do? Slapped a plaster on it and didn't try to fix the underlaying problem.

I know... in all my 300 hours of dayz and befriending people I have never met anyone ingame that loves the hiking sides of it, its quite the opposite people complain and get frustrated but they don't vent their opinions on the forums to silence the opposition, I think what's happening is the people who love the game in it's "current state of alpha" are the ones becoming big enough fans to visit the forums on a occasional basis there for their opinions overshadows the general people.

You see the people have their ability to play the game how they want, lonewolf, random spawming etc, I just want to also play the way I want, an ability to spawn where I desingated, that place would be our base of operation, so whenever we died we pop up there, so friends can wonder off but if they die they pop up there and it just lessens the burden. Maybe some other similar idea.

I also know what you mean about the updates, I don't think they will hit beta by the end of 2014 like they said they would, reflecting on what has been added since december 2013 till now and what else is left to be added until the end of 2014, doesn't seem likely.

Edited by blazed

please cater just a least a little tiny bit of love towards the mass population.

"Cater" and "mass population" I don't think the dev team is terrible interested in this word combination.. 

I don't think they will hit beta by the end of 2014 like they said they would

What they said: "We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage,"

I don't know if I would call it love of hiking, but I do indeed love the giant map and I'm always a little amused, when people complain about the size of it. Anyways the purpose of the genre is to stay alive, I believe it's called survival. If you do die, and you're mates are 20 minutes away, why not half that distance and meet each other halfway?

Well finding your friends is an adventure itself, it doesn't realy bother me as we always meet up half way, so we find each other within  15 minutes tops.

Rocket did not mention controlled spawn points, but rather if both you and your friend are dead, you would get a higher chance of spawning neir the same area (it detects your steam friends).

It would only work when dead, not when both of you are alive. So if both of you are alive and on the other side of the map, you would still need to travel towards each other to meet up. (or in the future drive a car or bike, which would be massively faster.)

Hopefully not.

And it's not clear what is meant by "Spawn systems tied to controlled locations" even means, or how they plan on implementing it. It can mean other things and not just "spawn wherever you want" or "spawn near your friends."

i recently spent some time playing another zombie mod for arma 3 that's in alpha due to how stale dayz has got with its road map recently, some simple things like spawning with a small axe and being able to group together would make some great additions to dayz.

currently one of the pet peeves we have when we play as a group is how randomly you'll spawn, you'll always end up the other side of the map to your group when you die and have to spend 30/40 minutes hiking trying not to get killed by zombies or starve to death and hope you dont bump into kos players whilst trying to meet back up.  i really hope they add something that will allow you to spawn closer to people your playing with , even if its once camps/stronghold are implemented.

the random server kicks , random  you are dead messages and glitching is as annoying but  we are all starting to shy away from dayz atm and playing other games, hoping that sometime soon an update will bring something a bit more exciting back to the game.

First of all DayZ should not try to be another Call of Duty clone.

Second thing is that spread out random spawn points on the coast are making you value your chracter virtual  life at least a tiny little, so you don't #YOLO rush people and if you die then you just respawn, pick up your gear and revenge kill them.

Well that is if you are not in Berazino.

• Like 1

I know the people in these forums (which does not reflect the overall gamers opinion who purchased dayz)

I've seen statements like this thrown around before (usually in support of an unpopular idea), but how exactly do you know this? Have you polled each person who purchased dayz for their answer?

No? Oh well then. 

Obviously the forums aren't a perfect representation of the overall community, but it certainly shouldn't be completely ignored.

(Hint, maybe your idea got shot down because it was bad.)

I, for one, enjoy the view.. the scenery.. nature.. the animals.. the soft soothing sounds of ohshitdidsomeonejustkickanoildrumandshakeafence??!?!??

Controlled spawnpoints ? aka being able to choose where you spawn ?

I thought rocket was completely against that now as he should being able to control where your players spawn would be so detrimental to gameplay.

• Like 2

Controlled spawnpoints ? aka being able to choose where you spawn ?

I thought rocket was completely against that now as he should being able to control where your players spawn would be so detrimental to gameplay.

we def. dont agree very often. but we do here..

if your going to select were u start the game with a fresh life, why not just add in select your starting loadout and select if u want zombies or players around you to... hell why not just push the "I WIN" button and be done with it...

sighhh....

there are shit tons of things wrong with Dayz SA, but random spawns are NOT one of them...hell i wish SA had full map random spawn.. were u could literaly spawn in any house/area of the map, and have NO idea were u were at first.

• Like 1

please cater just a least a little tiny bit of love towards the mass population.

No, please.

From what I recall, the idea is that if a group builds a base they can spawn their friends in that base.

...but just coding in squad spawning? No thanks. DayZ might not be for you.

I truly hope they come up with a more dynamic and random spawn system in the final release.

Spawn anywhere in the map inside of a building or something The player should never ever ever be able to pick where he spawns in the game and never be able to spawn in with friends.

Catering even one bit to the easy mode players fundamentally ruins the game to the vets and people who actually want the anti game.

I truly hope they come up with a more dynamic and random spawn system in the final release.

Spawn anywhere in the map inside of a building or something The player should never ever ever be able to pick where he spawns in the game and never be able to spawn in with friends.

Catering even one bit to the easy mode players fundamentally ruins the game to the vets and people who actually want the anti game.

Spawn anywhere on the map will mean nothing more but a free teleport.

For example player killed on NWAF will continue to kill himself over and over untill he get spawn close to NWAF.

In my opinion spawn points should be kept only on the shore area.

Edited by Frosti

From what I recall, the idea is that if a group builds a base they can spawn their friends in that base.

Hope that's not the case.

You should always spawn where you last were or in a random location if you're a new spawn. None of this magical teleportation to friendlies bullshit.

This game not going to be COD. Some people keep saying SAME shit because they are really so untalented for pvp. Dayz is completely diffrent and of course in game we will have allways pvp encounters. If there is no pvp encounter I bet you for 1000dollar, noone not going to buy this game.

For example player killed on NWAF will continue to kill himself over and over untill he get spawn close to NWAF.

Good luck doing that when there are potentially 1000s of spawn points and it would take hours before you even get anywhere near the nwaf.

• Like 2

Good luck doing that when there are potentially 1000s of spawn points and it would take hours before you even get anywhere near the nwaf.

haahh exactly..

anyone willing to keep dieing trying to get the perfect spawn... good luk...