hotcakes

Great netcode/10

http://www.twitch.tv/danaejosephine/b/544893786

Exactly one hour in. I was apparently shooting a streamer.

I saw her run into the piano house and nicked her a few times. On her stream, I was pointing the wrong fucking way. 

Strolled up the staircase and magdumped her with my mp5k. I was getting shot at, and I remembered the netcode was bad so I backed off before I took too much damage. I got knocked out and woke up in a minute.

On her screen? She didn't receive the magdump until AFTER I backed off. Look at the delay of literally seconds.

• Like 1

Is netcode this week's buzzword?

Sounds like one of the two of you was lagging to me.

Edited by Mos1ey

Yes, netcode is terrible in this game. At least it isnt as bad as Men of War AS 2. They do need to fix it though, it gets pretty aweful sometime thought server connection also has an impact.

• Like 1

Is netcode this week's buzzword?

Sounds like one of the two of you was lagging to me.

It's literally terrible. I'm wary of magdump scenarios because it usually involves both parties getting gibbed. Reminds me of Battlefield's kill tradings. 

• Like 2

It's literally terrible. I'm wary of magdump scenarios because it usually involves both parties getting gibbed. Reminds me of Battlefield's kill tradings. 

Kill trades are down to bullet travel time more than netcode. :)

Kill trades are down to bullet travel time more than netcode. :)

Has never been true for me. I can catch a guy on his side and still gib each other because there's a huge delay to bullets actually doing damage. 

• Like 1

Oh geez, ARMA2/DayZ Mod was HORRIBLE for that. You'd shoot a guy from behind and he'd turn around and empty his mag into you. By the time you were both reloading, you'd both drop dead.

• Like 1

You probably joined a server with terrible connection or you just had bad ping. I have gunned a couple of people down the past few days and no lag or "terrible netcode" was experienced.

I really never had that problem in Arma 2 or DayZ, although it's really bad for me in some Arma 3 mods. Breaking Point can be particularly bad. I've died both before someone fired and a good few seconds after I thought that they'd shot and missed before, lol.

That's desync, again it's not netcode related.

• Like 1

Rule #1 for playing Multiplayer games: Always join a server with less than 120 ping.

Rule #1 for playing Multiplayer games: Always join a server with less than 120 ping.

If possible I'd recommend staying under 30ms ping. I get 120 from Dubai to most of western Europe, so that's quite a high ping.

Refer to the post I just made, about this being a garbage piece of shit game.  On my screen, I swing at someone in front of me, and next, I find them swinging at me behind me.  Again, PIECE OF SHIT GAME!

Done.

If that is all you are here for there is a Topic for that.

Don't troll your SHIT.

Twitching on anything less than DSL2 or cable is going to give trouble.

I unloaded a 30 round MP5-K clip in to somebody's chest, and before the game registered that he should be dead, he managed to kill me with a sporter .22 rifle.

Athough the last person I killed with the MP5-k was in the same situation, but the other person had an AKM, not a sporter .22, and I dropped him before he dropped me (fast fire-rate FTW?), and let me tell you from experience, the AKM isn't a weak gun. 

And a few times I have axed somebody in the face only to die, and run back to my body to find that my axe had registered a hit after I had died and found the enemy's body laying there right on top of mine. 

Edited by LigerRider
  • Like 1

If possible I'd recommend staying under 30ms ping. I get 120 from Dubai to most of western Europe, so that's quite a high ping.

I usually try to stay under 100, but 120 is the threshold where you start seeing people skip around ever so slightly.

Has never been true for me. I can catch a guy on his side and still gib each other because there's a huge delay to bullets actually doing damage. 

This is how it was in DayZ mod  and the same thing is in the Standalone.

If you fight "fair" or bump into each other in the building it will almost always be a double kill.

Oh geez, ARMA2/DayZ Mod was HORRIBLE for that. You'd shoot a guy from behind and he'd turn around and empty his mag into you. By the time you were both reloading, you'd both drop dead.

I think you are slightly over exaggerating that one, yes the mod players kill traded too easily in close quarters, but it didn't happen often and I always felt the the time from bullet impact to dead wasn't that bad. Now if you played on modded servers where all sorts of easy mode crap like missions, thousands of vehicles, and spawn with weapons then of course the net code was bad because it couldn't keep up. I'm not sure which version of the mod you played but I never felt the truly bad net code you are describing. 

Never had this on the mod myself. One of our group once dropped a 5 man group fixing a bus with ASS50 in under 10 seconds. Hit and kill detection was perfect. Noticed it up close but only slightly, and once in a blue moon. Maybe theres some bugs to iron out with the new network bubble, its still a prototype really. Guess wel have to wait till beta for some major optimisation.

Never had this on the mod myself. One of our group once dropped a 5 man group fixing a bus with ASS50 in under 10 seconds. Hit and kill detection was perfect. Noticed it up close but only slightly, and once in a blue moon. Maybe theres some bugs to iron out with the new network bubble, its still a prototype really. Guess wel have to wait till beta for some major optimisation.

Yeah but was he shooting that ASS50 from 20 meters? Because kill trades happens when close range.

Yeah but was he shooting that ASS50 from 20 meters? Because kill trades happens when close range.

Nah he was about 300m out. I did sometimes see a bit of delay using things like assault rifles in CqC, but never anything as bad as what some people are reporting. Worst case was a guy took a step, maybe 2, before he dropped from a fatal amount of small arms fire..

Iv had it really bad in the SA though. heard a guy come into a jail with me, backed up from the main door strait into my line of fire. Even though I fired first and hit with most of 2 auto bursts, he still landed a few rounds before dropping lol. I just chalk t up to desync/lag when it does happen :)

Edited by Karmaterror