Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Petition against globally restricted loot

I repeat. This forum is for DISCUSSION as i understand.

I see people DISCUSSING this topic in a very mature and civil way while abiding to all rules of this forum.

Infact, the only person here i see acting hostile against differing opinions would be you, dear OP.

You are right, but there is trolling and derailing the "discussions" at hand.  Just because it's a discussion forum gives you no right to post gibberish in a thread that has nothing to do with the discussion.  Not saying you are, just in general.

• Like 1

Yes. We should keep this as constructive as possible with no derailings.

Now would be a perfect time to someone come up with a better mechanic for keeping rarity and number of items in check.
The instant someone does that, i'll stand behind that idea. Until then, this here is the best we have.

I repeat. This forum is for DISCUSSION as i understand.

I see people DISCUSSING this topic in a very mature and civil way while abiding to all rules of this forum.

Infact, the only person here i see acting hostile against differing opinions would be you, dear OP.

no, but immediately after posting, you and yours chose to derail it. I simply wanted to make a thread for showing support against what IS A TERRIBLE IDEA. I have that right, jsut as you have the right to be a troll, just like anyone else can. thanks.

Actually they can change loot on the fly right now and always have been able to. You are on the nail but using the wrong hammer on that one.. see what global loot economy does, and what it ONLY does is take away control of loot spawning from server hosters and modders. It makes so BIS has control over their loot items. That is the end of what it means, and all that it means. 

Explain this because what you say in part A has an opposite correlation to part B. I'm not entirely sure you aren't talking out of your ass actually. The system itself and how much they allow you to access it are two entirely differently things. You understand this?

I dont really (honestly) see voicing an opinion as being "troll".
I hate trolls.

I also dont believe in censoring peoples input on a public discussion so yeah, i can see why i'm a nuisance here.

Now, why dont we stop arguing and try to figure out how to make a better system insteand of just stomping our feet and wailing...

Well, no. See what Dean described and more thoroughly lately, is that if there is a helicopter part you need. It will only spawn at heli crashes or in a rare place like that. So you will have about 3 places tops to search each server. And you could search the same server for your entire life but if that loot never is assigned to spawn there you will NEVER EVER find it. So what Dean is saying is you will "hear its on another server and you and your clan will go there to try and get it". So he is quite literally saying that BIS wants to promote server hopping to find rare parts that are controlled by the central global hive. 

So its nearly impossible that solo players can get all parts of helicopter ? Thats mean they making this game for clan so we can say if you want play alone dont buy this game. I knew this sht going to be like that. Dean totally ignoring solo players. I dont want to get in shtty clan and take order from others. Welll basically I wasted 30dollar. Thanks dean you are genius. > :( He really bellieve everyone enjoy play with clan ? This is stupidity.

Edited by KingofTheWorld
  • Like 1

I dont really (honestly) see voicing an opinion as being "troll".

I hate trolls.

I also dont believe in censoring peoples input on a public discussion so yeah, i can see why i'm a nuisance here.

Now, why dont we stop arguing and try to figure out how to make a better system insteand of just stomping our feet and wailing...

Look, I asked SPECIFICALLY FOR ONLY SUPPORTERS TO MAKE ANY POST TO ADD A VOICE AGAINST THIS IDEA. I DID NOT SAY EVERYONE COME POST WHATEVER HERE JUST BECAUSE AND YOU DID IT ANYWAYS. THAT IS TROLLING. 

Even so much that i refuse to believe it will eventually end up that way.

What i mean is, when you can globally restrict the items

And yes the server uptimes are going to be significantly longer but i dont think it's ever decided what spawns where.

After all this time, you still take Deans posts exactly word word?  

There is much you are misunderstanding and as such I feel its best for me to..

run-away.gif

..until you have taken the time to research these things. :)

I am FOR Global Loot Restrictions....therefore I am Signing the ANTI-Petition for this idea

Signed....M.Bagel

Edited by Mystic Bagel
  • Like 1

So its nearly impossible that solo players can get all parts of helicopter ? Thats mean they making this game for clan so we can say if you want play alone dont buy this game. I knew this sht going to be like that. Dean totally ignoring solo players. I dont want to get in shtty clan and take order from others. Welll basically I wasted 30dollar. Thanks dean you are genius. > :(

They said they want to emphasize teamwork and encourage communities. Isn't this a perfect way to do just that?

More people = more power. That's the way it should be. That's the way it IS. Why do you think so many animals live in packs?

Only things on top of the food chain can afford to go solo. Go and become that. You have 30 rounds in that magazine. It might take just six to take that heli from the clan.

no, but immediately after posting, you and yours chose to derail it. I simply wanted to make a thread for showing support against what IS A TERRIBLE IDEA. I have that right, jsut as you have the right to be a troll, just like anyone else can. thanks.

Also it's like you're the only one who thinks it's a terrible idea. Because it's not a terrible idea tbh, without this implementation you and yourself will go rent a server, lock the shit out of it, and run around building your heli and farming rares all day. Then, just to be rude about it, I'm certain you'll come back to the forum touting your superiority when really, you couldn't be more the opposite, despite the air you wish to portray.

Might be an idea to include a poll if you want a vote instead of a discussion.

As a note for the future: tossing your words at us in Caps-Lock doesn't make your point anymore valid.

Just my .02 on this? I did my best in the mod to battle duping and serverhopping on the mainhive, and I really don't want this to happen again on the Standalone, which is why something like globally controled max amount of certain items (NVG's come to mind) would be a way of battling that. Otherwise there will always be too many of it, as we all know there will always be ways to work your way around it, unless you have it controlled globally by the server.

Other games do this as well, DayZ wouldn't be the first one to do it.

It also does not create a two-class-system within the servers and I don't see why people always tend to imply it would. It's not like anyone in the Dev-Team would go about adding "This server has NVG's!" OR "This server does not have NVG's! Don't bother playing on here!" to the name of the server - hence why it's tedious assuming it would create a two class system anyway.

Effectively it would work more like: "Server wants to spawn loot" -> "Server asks mainhive if is allowed to" -> "Mainhive says NO - already have 1,000 NVG's." -> "Server doesn't spawn"

This is in no way creating a two-class-system as you would never be able to determine which server is going to spawn which item and at which point. This is the exact reason why people play this game. It is pure chance whether you will get something or not.

Lastly:

Will someone please lock this thread.

Edited by kichilron
Aunt Edit.
  • Like 4