Sign in to follow this  
MatchboxChick

Resolution Problem (Help)

Hello,

I was previously playing Day Z and regrettably was fiddling with the graphics until the entire screen shrunk and is now unplayable.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12985

I found that page which is more or less my problem. I can't seem to fix it despite following everyone's instructions on that page.

I don't know what to do. I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled it. I have deleted everything from the DayZ folder found in My Documents, it keeps coming back. I have typed in on the .cfg file the resolution I wanted, and changed the adapter from -1 to 2 in case I had two graphics cards. The screen literally won't change. I am out of ideas ='[ I just want to continue gaming.

Can anyone please help me. At this point I am willing to delete my entire character and profile from the server (if i could) in order to start fresh as if I was opening DayZ for the first time.

I am playing on a laptop ACER

IntelCore i5-2430M 2.4GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M,

4G ram

~ Ashley

If you do have 2 graphic cards, try to go into "Device Manager" and activate your standard/your best graphic card and then try to open dayz again. Or else just try to open DayZ as administrator. 

Extremely simple. This happened to me. When in video setting, go to User interface and set that to your resolution, THEN you should be able to to change the main resolution back. If not just watch the video above.

There is both a rendering and a resolution setting, you must change the first to be able to adjust the second. 

That sounds horrible though. Ive been in situations like that where you try everything, nothing works.. then all of a sudden you find the solution. 

I hope you find it soon :)

Hello,

I was previously playing Day Z and regrettably was fiddling with the graphics until the entire screen shrunk and is now unplayable.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12985

I found that page which is more or less my problem. I can't seem to fix it despite following everyone's instructions on that page.

I don't know what to do. I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled it. I have deleted everything from the DayZ folder found in My Documents, it keeps coming back. I have typed in on the .cfg file the resolution I wanted, and changed the adapter from -1 to 2 in case I had two graphics cards. The screen literally won't change. I am out of ideas ='[ I just want to continue gaming.

Can anyone please help me. At this point I am willing to delete my entire character and profile from the server (if i could) in order to start fresh as if I was opening DayZ for the first time.

I am playing on a laptop ACER

IntelCore i5-2430M 2.4GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M,

4G ram

~ Ashley

as has been mentioned it sounds like somehow your resolution has been changed in the interface setting,

one way to see if this is fixable is (if you have it) open up nvidia geforce experience, then navigate to the games tab, click on dayz, and then finally hit optimise, it should change all the resolution settings back to around 1600x900, which for me is not the correct resolution for my monitor, but makes the game run really smooth, then to make it look sharper again you can adjust the rendering resolution back to 1920x1080 in game settings.

hope you can get it fixed, if not you can always use teamviewer to have someone else try and fix it for you remotely (something iv had to do for a number of friends for settings related to arma mod version of dayz in the past)

use teamviewer to have someone else try and fix it for you remotely (something iv had to do for a number of friends for settings related to arma mod version of dayz in the past)

Ive never heard of this teamviewer? Nice.

Brilliant recommendation on the Nvidia settings too.. great solution if that works :)

Ive never heard of this teamviewer? Nice.

Brilliant recommendation on the Nvidia settings too.. great solution if that works :)

teamviewer is great for problems out of your knowledge scope, if you have a friend who knows what he is doing to try and fix things.

the nvidia experience thing is great although not always perfect for optimising all games and is not compatible with older nvidia cards but usually does the trick

IT WORKED!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

I was so going crazy, and it was userterface which had to be changed. So weird, but it is solved.

I really appreciate it. Now one more favor.

Don't kill me in DayZ =P

• Like 1