Sign in to follow this  
mtuckner

Rocket Disciplined for 1.7.1

I too have never seen a more communicative developer in relation to his target customers. I still can,t believe he says anything at all. And I am sure happy he does. Thanx rocket.

It's called an Alpha, updates like 1.7.1 will happen again in the future. Get used to it.

The guy probably has a life. Plus it is summer time. Geez people.

It's actually Winter in New Zealand... Just sayin. :cool:

Winter doesn't stop anyone from going outside. Especially when you can hike the magistical cliffs to Mordor. Just sayin....

And it's summer in the Czech Republic.

This thread is too funny. I am sure Rocket is being disciplined for making Arma2 sell thousands of new copies, basically resurrecting its sales, and propping it up to the top of Steam's top sellers list.

The guy probably has a life. Plus it is summer time. Geez people.

It's actually Winter in New Zealand... Just sayin. :cool:

He's not in New Zealand - hes in the Czech Republic (which is where he lives and works I believe).

Winter doesn't stop anyone from going outside. Especially when you can hike the magistical cliffs to Mordor. Just sayin....

Canuck here. I would happen to agree (Honestly, I go out in the winter slightly more than the summer. Too hot out....)

Back to topic. Was Rocket reprimanded for 1.7.1? Hell no. He learned his lesson. More balancing before releasing. There is a difference. One requires someone telling you how to do things, the other involves learning from your mistakes. Sure, the community was up in arms, but when aren't they? Gamers are like the religious fanatics of the internet.

I, myself feel privileged to be a part of these "Bad" patches. Why? Because you get to see how they work to fix them. You get to be a part of the community as it grows. You get to be the ultra-hipster, "I was there before beta". You get to see it all change, grow and come together. It's like watching a sky scraper being built. You get to see it start from scratch and build up and up and up. :D

I' date=' myself feel privileged to be a part of these "Bad" patches. Why? Because you get to see how they work to fix them. You get to be a part of the community as it grows. You get to be the ultra-hipster, "I was there before beta". You get to see it all change, grow and come together. It's like watching a sky scraper being built. You get to see it start from scratch and build up and up and up. :D

[/quote']

Inb4beta I like that and I agree "bad" patches shake things up a bit.