Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Make pistols and small arms more common and rifles less common

Too many people have M4s, AKs and SKSs.

They should exist in the game, but they should be much rarer. Bolt actions are fine, bows are great. 

I feel like groups should be fighting with small arms more, pistols, sub-machine guns, the odd rifle, improvised weapons etc. 

Pistols sucked in the mod, they're a lot better now in the SA. People should be fighting house to house with .45s, tec-9s and that one mosin you only have 12 rounds for. 

• Like 3

Pistols are very very common already. Both civilian and military loot spawns are overflowing with them.

Good rifles are also already pretty rare, especially the M4. I think duplication is the reason we're seeing so many people with them. Whenever I get killed and have to re-gear, it takes me quite some time to find something better than a pistol or SKS.

The only thing you said that's accurate is that SKS is very common. Though I think it should stay that way. it really is the only viable defense against players with M4 or AKM. Unless you catch them with their pants down, of course.

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 1

I only have the problem that magazines are so hard to find. Guns should at least spawn with a magazine (empty) already inside. Where the hell did the mag go? Did it run from the zombie Apocalypse, leaving its loving gun-wife behind as it boarded the final plane out, eyes filled with tears that he was betraying the one he loved?

Sorry sometimes i get deep.

But anyway, yes, i agree with what you said.

• Like 2

Pistols are very very common already. Both civilian and military loot spawns are overflowing with them.

Good rifles are also already pretty rare, especially the M4. I think duplication is the reason we're seeing so many people with them. Whenever I get killed and have to re-gear, it takes me quite some time to find something better than a pistol or SKS.

The only thing you said that's accurate is that SKS is very common. Though I think it should stay that way. it really is the only viable defense against players with M4 or AKM. Unless you catch them with their pants down, of course.

"Goof rifles are also already pretty rare" - I spawned in today, walked into some log cabin thing and found a Mosin. True story.

Yeah, this.

100% agree.

I keep saying that too. Weapons, bags and usefull gears of all kind are far, far, and too far common. This make chernarus look more like a warzone than a apocalypse place from where armed forces runned away. At least give us the same amount of gear but everything in poor state, making the find of a pristine object a real thing to be happy with.

I guess dev's know about it and keep it this way for alpha and test purpose.

I feel like groups should be fighting with small arms more, pistols, sub-machine guns, the odd rifle, improvised weapons etc. 

"the odd rifle" ...?

You mean the B95 ? ;)

But I agree with you.

%rarity-lootspawns are on the way, I have read somewhere.

So this will come, I'm very sure.

magazines overflowing loot spawns now too, police station had like 6 mags in 2nd floor

"the odd rifle" ...?

You mean the B95 ? ;)

"The odd [blank]" is a term

it means like..... well... uhh.... 

hes saying a rifle here and there

magazines overflowing loot spawns now too, police station had like 6 mags in 2nd floor

oh god you lucky man

Agreed. Not so much the pistols need to be more common, but the magazines need to be - all well and good finding an Amphibia but if the clip is only found at say, NWAF, then it's a bit worthless.

Clips should also have a random amount of bullets in them too rather than always being full.