SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Just incase anyone is interested below is another ragdoll video showing it both with a melee weapon and gun.

You have already posted this video here in the appropriate part of the Forum. Crossposting is against the rules, please read them.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

You have already posted this video here in the appropriate part of the Forum. Crossposting is against the rules, please read them.

Nothing gets past the kichilronerminator..... NOTHING

• Like 1

not sure if it was just a gun iv not heard being fired, or some audio bug, but i heard a strange repeated tapping which i couldnt make out exactly what it was, but it sounded like semi auto fire or full auto fire, but the sound was of a really odd type, my only other presumption was that it was the mp5k fire but it sounded a lot different to how it sounds in some videos of that guin being fired, and also the sounds seemed to intermittently happen, wherever i was, even though i was traversing a fair distance of land so i doubt it was the same person heading the same way as i

Been playing 0.47 for one and a half hours now. Love the ragdoll physics. Hope that comes to stable soon.

Got some REALY heavy lags in the new large town in the north. Record was 6-7 fps running in the middle of the street.

When i got to Berezino it got slightly better ,but not good. 15-30 fps depending wich direction i looked.

Killed three dudes there ,just to test out the ragdoll physics.(not realy ,i wanted a backback and ammo)

The fps does seem worse since the new patch more than likely due to the ragdoll physics. 

Dragging and dropping items however does seem better.

I don't think a huge fuss is needed. It was likely removed/left out by mistake.

you should try it out, before you label it as a small issue not worth making a deal out of, it significantly affects gunfights in a detrimental manner, as if the clunkiness of the overall system wasnt hinderance enough

• Like 1

not sure if it was just a gun iv not heard being fired, or some audio bug, but i heard a strange repeated tapping which i couldnt make out exactly what it was, but it sounded like semi auto fire or full auto fire, but the sound was of a really odd type, my only other presumption was that it was the mp5k fire but it sounded a lot different to how it sounds in some videos of that guin being fired, and also the sounds seemed to intermittently happen, wherever i was, even though i was traversing a fair distance of land so i doubt it was the same person heading the same way as i

I heard something similar which I believe is the ping of an empty crossbow being fired. It's quite loud even when you are not close to the person doing it.

I heard something similar which I believe is the ping of an empty crossbow being fired. It's quite loud even when you are not close to the person doing it.

yeah but im talking like a full on automatic speed and a lot more clicks/pings than any crossbow quiver holds. it literally is something iv never heard until todays update, and it was repeatedly happening at points around krasnostav, black mountains and a few other ares on my way west which means it is unlikely to be a player and weapon as i take rather random routes as i travel west, very unlikely someone would be going the same places i am and randomly firing off loads of whatever the hell the sounds were.

gonna fire up game and see if i cant catch the sound on recording.

Found some new animations?!

F8: facepalm?

F9: cut throat with thumb

F10: pscht!

Also heard the weird tapping noise, tap tap tap tap tap... Ragdoll, well it's a start. Zeds did some weird moving around after death. Overall performance was very good. And no more red chain every time someone is near you, or was i just lucky? Dragging item to inventory didnt work very well. Double click worked fine. Was already in 0.46, but gotta love that you can now see evening aswell. Now you dont need to restart servers every time sun goes down. Moving crouched was different, slower?

I heard the same tapping thing. Like a telegraph or something. I think it is some new ambient sounds, because I heard them twice with a couple of minutes pause and it was exactly the same tapping rhythm.

Also heard the weird tapping noise, tap tap tap tap tap... Ragdoll, well it's a start. Zeds did some weird moving around after death. Overall performance was very good. And no more red chain every time someone is near you, or was i just lucky? Dragging item to inventory didnt work very well. Double click worked fine. Was already in 0.46, but gotta love that you can now see evening aswell. Now you dont need to restart servers every time sun goes down. Moving crouched was different, slower?

An overall smooth performance indeed. There was some lag when loading up on a new server after the other restarted, but no chains and weapon drawn instantly and all that, even while running around Berezino and Svetlo with lots of other players around.

What is status with FPS?

I get lower FPS with every new patch.

Before 0.47, Solnichniy 20-25, now i get 10-20, most time is 13-15FPS.

I actually dont care for new stuff like ragdoll and a couple of new animations, but where is fix for inventory color bug? Two exp and one stable patch and its still present.

Cant run from crouch position, still some rubberbanding and desync.

Need to press about twenty times a button on keyboard to player use an item in hand.

u should maybe upgrade ur computer 

What is status with FPS?

I get lower FPS with every new patch.

Before 0.47, Solnichniy 20-25, now i get 10-20, most time is 13-15FPS.

I feel ya.

My patato was running 20-30 fps and on .47 I have rollercoster from 0-30.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Found some new animations?!

F8: facepalm?

F9: cut throat with thumb

F10: pscht!

Check out those cat moves while crawling without weapon.

Oh there is 2 kinds of crawling slow crawling and 2xW turbo

Edited by Frosti

Check out those cat moves while crawling without weapon.

Oh there is 2 kinds of crawling slow crawling and 2xW turbo

Will try this. Got problems hitting a zombie with my gardening tools. From first person it looked like the attempt to break my arm while punching my own head with my hoe. :p Edited by Agilov

The new "taptaptap" noise sounds a lot like a full auto crossbow. Scared the hell out of me the first time.Well seems like the good old "sound bug" has some more variety in store now :D

I also have the feeling of my fps beeing a litle worse than before patch.

The ground seems to be quite slippery today. Dead zombies are rushing down the hillsides ;)

Edited by Agilov

FPS spikes are killing me in 0.47.

• Like 8

I also have the feeling of my fps beeing a litle worse than before patch.

My FPS seems to be back to normal.

I think what happens was:

1) Rain in .47 is doing it

2) I activated some s* while testing new f9 ,10, f11, animations

FPS spikes are killing me in 0.47.

I've got this spikes when it was raining, now it's not raining and it's ok

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 2

Nooooo you can no longer run like a retard :( :( :( (draw weapon, look max up, hold alt, run on .46 stable)

That was my favorite way of running when I got bored at North.

edit..

Well ok you can but this is not maximum patato like on .46

Edited by Frosti

My FPS seems to be back to normal.

I think what happens was:

1) Rain in .47 is doing it

2) I activated some s* while testing new f9 ,10, f11, animations

I've got this spikes when it was raining, now it's not raining and it's ok

Same in stable, New patch causes mayor lag spikes during rain

seems to be the current trend with a lot of games lately ; release "performance" patch, and somehow make performance worse than it was before...

i seriously after a good few hours playing am fed up of the new walking running sprinting transitions bork, like any time i right click to iron sights to aim a zed or person, once i leave iron sights i now HAVE TO HIT SPACE just to lower my weapon, to then be able to sprint. its stupid and if they dont change it, its gonna get a lot of peoples backs up i think. especially if it ended up anywhere near stable branch.

all movement transitions need to be exactly as was in 0.46, when i am crouched and i use my run walk toggle binding, i should toggle between walking crouched and jogging crouched, not have no affect on my toon whatsoever until he stands up. thats just stupid and i hate it already.