Sign in to follow this  
ebakkas

i have no 1920x1080

well i have no 1920x1080 when i open my video settings, i have a 1920x1080 monitor and play all my games in that resolution. But in dayz it doesn't, i have tried re-installing it many times and tried manually setting it to 1920x1080, but all has failed any ideas how to fix this.

thanks

Ensure you have the correct video driver installed and that you also use a good video cable.

Try to ensure you have the Monitor Manufacturers monitor driver installed as well so that your PC knows what the monitor is.

Go to your Computer and check the Device Manager - see if your monitor is showing in the Monitors section and that it is the correct one.

You know that you have to set the "Output-Resolution" and aspect ratio in "Video/User Interface"?

The Rendering Resolution is a different thing.............

• Like 2

You know that you have to set the "Output-Resolution" and aspect ratio in "Video/User Interface"?

The Rendering Resolution is a different thing.............

I only found that out yesterday :/

Configure>Video>User Interface

• Like 1

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo3XCWE4gK0

No it's not probably a virus. It's a bug that appeared in update 45 I think.

Have you had 1080 res in dayz before this?

There is a file you have to delete dayz.cfg - someone here will correct me if that's the wrong file. Don't play with the drop down settings on the dayz main menu but change them in the configure> video> user interface.

There's a you tube vid for exactly this problem.

so i fixed it but now  the character is either horizontally or vertically distorted (short and dense or thin and tall). Any suggestion in how to fix it?

so i fixed it but now  the character is either horizontally or vertically distorted (short and dense or thin and tall). Any suggestion in how to fix it?

Now fix your aspect ratio. 

I had this same problem. Was tweaking settings to improve performance and lost 1920x1080 as an option. If you have a GeForce GPU and "The GeForce Experience" program open DayZ through that. It gives you the option to optimize DayZ for your video card and it will force it back to running 1080.

I believe that I had this issue also!

The game reset my aspect ratio to 4:3 (which I can tell you looks godawful on a 24 inch screen!).

Check your aspect ratio is set to the one appropriate for your monitor :) .