Knight05 (DayZ)

Heli crash sites gone?

As the title says as of this latest patch i have yet to find a single heli crash after like 30 server hops. I've checked NW airfield and balota which use to spawn one on the run away in relatively few hops and now nada. Can anyone confirm if they are in this patch currently and did they change move the spawns? Has anyone found any at NW or balota airfield?

I'm trying to find a nade to test it out and so far nada.

Also is heli crashes the only place for nades/bangs?

I have yet to find one as well, although I haven't server hopped 30 times.  I've only played on my server. 

• Like 1

I have yet to find one as well, although I haven't server hopped 30 times.  I've only played on my server. 

Ya im hoping to get an official statement from someone wether they have found a heli crash site or nade/flashbang since the patch went live =/ don't wanna keep wasting my time.

Ya im hoping to get an official statement from someone wether they have found a heli crash site or nade/flashbang since the patch went live =/ don't wanna keep wasting my time.

I have found a grenade.  It was in the military base near Veresnik.

The heli crashes reputably have been on stable before the .46 patch went live, the spawns are apparently spread out over the entire western side of the map, seen screenshots of a crash near green mountain for example.

The amount of crashes per restart has been mentioned to be at three in total, however I can not find a quote on that.

I have found a grenade.  It was in the military base near Veresnik.

In a barracks or heli crash or where exactly?

The heli crashes reputably have been on stable before the .46 patch went live, the spawns are apparently spread out over the entire western side of the map, seen screenshots of a crash near green mountain for example.

The amount of crashes per restart has been mentioned to be at three in total, however I can not find a quote on that.

No you are correct it is three. And i thinkt here is roughly like 10-12 total spawn locations many of which dont reflect on the heli crash sites map online. Like ON the airfields etc. Was just curious if it changed but perhaps im truly that lucky. I was just curious if someone has found a heli crash site since the patch went to stable just for peace of mind they are in fact in game.

No you are correct it is three. And i thinkt here is roughly like 10-12 total spawn locations many of which dont reflect on the heli crash sites map online. Like ON the airfields etc. Was just curious if it changed but perhaps im truly that lucky. I was just curious if someone has found a heli crash site since the patch went to stable just for peace of mind they are in fact in game.

The crashes are in game and on stable., I've ran into a fair too many people tossing about with M4's the last few weeks, and as they are only attainable in the crashes; They must be on stable already. ( These people were never alone, 'tis always two-three of them together, and I end up dead nine out of ten encounters. )

Heli Crashes are currently 3 per server(upon restart), over 74 potential spawn points. These spawn points are on the western side of the map.

In a barracks or heli crash or where exactly?

It was in the barracks.

It was in the barracks.

So you can confirm 100% you found a grenade in the barracks as well? I was told heli crashes ONLY for flashbangs and nades. Was this experimental or recently on stable?

So you can confirm 100% you found a grenade in the barracks as well? I was told heli crashes ONLY for flashbangs and nades. Was this experimental or recently on stable?

Yeah. but someone was there before I was. So idk if he dropped it or what.

Someone could have dropped a grenade in the barracks. Though, unlikely.

I hope that it means, that despicable server hoppers will have hard time to get some ultra good stuff.

Maybe these 80 places for heli crashes are doing it's job and really prevents people from easily farming them.

Good times!

• Like 1

The amouth of serverhopping stands against your chance finding a crashsite...i know ist a mean function but keep that in mind.

The amouth of serverhopping stands against your chance finding a crashsite...i know ist a mean function but keep that in mind.

I understand if the sites are empty due to hoppers but i should sttill SEE the crash sites

The problem also is that if you find a crash site it doesn't mean you get a m4,been to many that had ammo clips and attachments but no gun...

• Like 1

The heli crashes has been in the game since .45. But in that build the smoke couldn't be seen more than a couple of hundred meters away. This distance has been lengthened greatly in .046, so it should be easier to spot them from afar now.

I can't help but chuckle a bit at your 30 server serverhopping turning up nothing, though. 

• Like 4

The problem also is that if you find a crash site it doesn't mean you get a m4,been to many that had ammo clips and attachments but no gun...

Yes, there isn't an m4 in every crashsite. I don't consider this a problem though. On the contrary.

• Like 2

I think you are missing the point.

The heli crash sites are not spawning at all since patch .46 went live.

So no helicopter crashes at all.

That means that there is no place to get the new grenades and flashbangs that I think alot of people were looking for.

Spent over 6 hours running around the west of the map around Green Mountain, Zeleno, Vybor, NWAF, etc etc etc. Not a single one.

One guy in my group said he saw a helicopter. That's where a guy killed himself with a grenade.

Not a single one.

Pics or it didn't happen.