Arroza

No guns. Glitch?

Okay so I got this game 3 hours ago and the installation was a bit of a mess. I may have done it improperly but I can play fine. There are two glitches though that are very bad.

First I cannot find guns. I have searched around 20 buildings, but that didn't convince me because they were in towns near the shore. So I went out and found a barn that was devoid of weapons, then two deer-stands, which were the same. I can find ammo and food and drinks and trash, just no guns. Also when joining games some error comes up saying 'no entry found: bin\configweapon', or something like that.

Second I hear flies around me, but no bodies. Happened around 8 times.

This all happened on a spread of around 3 or 4 servers. How can I uninstall DayZ and reinstall it to ArmA without deleting ArmA?

It sounds like youre playing on a out of date server.

I had the same thing happen to me a few patches back. No gun, no ammo, no food, no animal, and no zombies.

A lot of people are on the servers. I can find anything but guns, and bodies near flies.

People may be hiding bodies, which causes them to sink into the ground, you cant see them but you can still hear the flies.

Guns are a bitch to find especially on 50 man servers.

And that error you get configweapon or something like that, I get that also just click thru it.

My advice, try a less crowded server, you should have better luck.

No glitch. just bad luck / not looking in the right area.

Go to electro and if you search every building, u will find a gun :P

Not joking. I have been trying servers with close to 50 people though, so I'll give smaller ones a shot.

Okay so I got this game 3 hours ago and the installation was a bit of a mess. I may have done it improperly but I can play fine. There are two glitches though that are very bad.

First I cannot find guns. I have searched around 20 buildings' date=' but that didn't convince me because they were in towns near the shore. So I went out and found a barn that was devoid of weapons, then two deer-stands, which were the same. I can find ammo and food and drinks and trash, just no guns. Also when joining games some error comes up saying 'no entry found: bin\configweapon', or something like that.

Second I hear flies around me, but no bodies. Happened around 8 times.

This all happened on a spread of around 3 or 4 servers. How can I uninstall DayZ and reinstall it to ArmA without deleting ArmA?

[/quote']

Sounds like bad luck, or several glitched servers. If the server is glitched though, you wont find any loot at all.

You don't need to uninstall DayZ to play arma, I have about 20 different mods installed and use an ArmA 2 launcher (by Spirited Machine I think) to switch between them.

The important thing is to never, ever, ever, put mods in your default addons folder. Always make new mod folders, with an 'addons' folder inside that, and the pbo files in there. i.e. /Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@modname/addons.

To above post, I did that, the mod is in a seperate folder.

Also I don't feel like this is bad luck. I find ammo and everything else just fine.

It's bad luck. Search barns for a primary like the Winchester, Double-Barrel Shotgun, Crossbow or Lee Enfield. Secondaries such as the Makarov, M1911 and Revolver can be found in any enterable house. Supermarkets share spawns of all three handguns I mentioned as well as Lee Enfields, Winchester and possibly even Crossbows.

For higher grade weaponry such as assault rifles or SMGs, you're best off checking the wiki. Some spawn at military spawns whilst others are only from heli crashes. If you're close by the Balota area, there are some medical tents set up that provide good early-game weaponry if you're lucky (Remember to check the deer stands / watchtowers there too!).

Definitely bad luck like above mentioned. Someone asked me to make a "How to find weapons" video, but honestly in the end it all comes down to luck and GET THE HECK OUT OF CHERNO.

Tree stands and living up north. That's the way to be.

It's luck, when I first started(and I've been playing only about a week), I searched all towns and buildings I could and never found a weapon, I was telling my friends how brutal this game was etc.

Then I found out that only certain buildings consistently have guns, barns, pubs, supermarkets, office buildings, fire stations, deer stands, barracks. If you're looking in a building that isn't one of these, your chances of actually finding a weapon are significantly lower. Supermarkets and office buildings are actually lower then the rest as well(except for deer stands.. but that's just because they only have 1-2 loot spots as opposed to like 20).

I'm having the same issue, haven't seen a weapon in 3 days of play....

I launch my game through the six launcher and usually only play on the listed servers that

are up to date so i really dont know what's going on here.

It is totally chance based. If loot is spawning, guns will be spawning, either you're following behind people who are nicking up the guns or just being really unlucky. Under different updates of the game I was averaging 1 rifle every deerstand looking in about 20 in a row (sometimes I'd have no rifle, but often I'd have 2 in the one deer stand.. choices choices!). Lately it has been alot harder, and it took me for ever to find a pistol.. the one I got now was found on a body of a bandit my mate killed.

If you prioratize your building searching, only going for the ones with a chance of spawning guns your luck will improve.

Just entered a church and got a lee enfield and a makarov. It was bad luck