Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

hunger,thirsty,healty and a new for PSYCHE = moral

i'm for a new psyche bar they more PLAYER you KILL that more terrible is your psyche state - crucial is you will take the first shot and the other have not used his gun in the last 5 min. 

you kill more and more just for fun, the worse your status. 

steep by step you ....

you'll quickly get sick

you're need more food more water+

you're tremble more at the aiming+

you're lost your health status+

you're breaking the bone faster+

you're running slower+

lime psych  0 kos or kill for fun

green psyche  1-2 kos or kill for fun

brown psych  2-5 kos or kill for fun

red psych 6 or more kos or kill for fun - and you becomes paranoia  - you see shadows,  player bases sounds around you and other things ^^ 

over a long time without first shot - regenerates the psych status

i'm hungry where are my beans ?

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 1

i'm for a new psyche bar they more PLAYER you KILL that more terrible is your psyche state - crucial is you will take the first shot

the more you kill people, the worse your status. 

steep by step you ....

you'll quickly get sick

you're need more food more water

you're tremble more at the aiming

you're lost your health status

you're breaking the bone faster

you're running slower

lime psych  

green psyche 

brown psych 

red psych 

over a long time without first shot - regenerates the psych status

i'm hungry where are my beans ?

I don't think it should work like that I for one don't care about people killing them wouldn't bother me so it would be annoying if my character did.

But the general idea I like. If you play for like 10 hours and are constantly running around almost starving your character shouldn't be totally fine they'd start going mad, getting tired and shaky.

Eating proper meals should restore your psyche, some nice cooked steak instead of hastily gobbling down a tin of peaches or raw rice all the time.

To me it should be a status effect that revolves around taking care of your character, right nutrition, right amount of exercise etc etc if someone is only eating powdered milk and drinking Pipsi they should be shaky and tire quicker as opposed to someone who eats balanced meals and keeps well hydrated.

Getting shot or shot at should lower your psyche and make your character "panic" but shooting people shouldn't, defeating your opponent and being "safe" should make them ok again after some minutes of calming down.

• Like 1

the game shouldn't encourage people not to kill eachother. It sucks that KOS is so common, but I am not pro any sort of 'sanity' meter which was designed with KOS in mind. In real life, people react to seeing death in a certain way; they vomit, they pass out, they scream etc. However if this experience was forced on to a player it wouldn't add to immersion, it would ruin it. You and your character need to be united for immersion to be possible. If my avatar vomits while I am totally unphased by the person I just killed, then that is seperating me from my character.

However, if done tastefully and with brilliant design, this could be quite good. I would suggest that if you kill people very often, your avatar becomes more paranoid. This means that innocent background noises become louder, and the models of other players begin to look slightly more threatening. For example, while the hero sees an average looking guy, the bandit sees a more menacing looking figure. Like I said, this would have to be done with subtelty for it to be any good.

However, for the sake of fairness and realism, this would have to apply to all, not just bandits. The 'psych' bar would get worse for everyone who was fighting zeds and humans, regardless of their light-dark affinity. This is realistic, because having just been chased by a zed in real life I would be more prone to mild paranoia. This however could be counteracted by certain actions such as eating, being indoors, sitting down, reading, starting a fire, cleaning your rifle, reorganising your bag etc.

Edited by 11tw

I for one don't care about people killing them wouldn't bother me

This statement disturbs me. Either you are a psychopath or you just haven't killed anyone/anything yet and don't know any better. I would suggest you get a rifle and find a friendly animal you generally are indifferent to (cat or dog preferably) and shoot it. If the act of killing makes you feel sick to your stomach, you are a normal human being - congrats.  If you don't feel anything or get excited by the kill, seek help from a trained psychiatrist.

This statement disturbs me. Either you are a psychopath or you just haven't killed anyone/anything yet and don't know any better. I would suggest you get a rifle and find a friendly animal you generally are indifferent to (cat or dog preferably) and shoot it. If the act of killing makes you feel sick to your stomach, you are a normal human being - congrats.  If you don't feel anything or get excited by the kill, seek help from a trained psychiatrist.

No because I love animals people I'm generally indifferent towards I have no empathy towards them. If I see someone hit with a car my reaction is pretty much "sucks to be them" unless it's someone I know, but a dog "NOOOOO"

Not everyone cares so the game shouldn't force that kind of thing.

How would it work anyway? Sometimes you're not even going to be sure if you did kill them just a case of spray a mag miles away -20 psyche points "I killed them woo!" or if you got no reduction then clearly you didn't kill them.

Bullets flying past your head or hitting walls behind you should do it to emulate the fear someone would feel.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

you kill more and more just for fun, the worse your status. 

steep by step you ....

you'll quickly get sick

you're need more food more water+

you're tremble more at the aiming+

you're lost your health status+

you're breaking the bone faster+

you're running slower+

Why? It doesn't make much sense to me. Sounds more like an attempt to enforce a particular playstyle by purely artificial means which is the exact opposite of what the game needs.

Don't agree. I killed someone with broken legs to put him out of his misery at his request. Don't want to be penalized for being a nice guy 8). And really your mental state should be your own not based on kills. Don't think penalizing people for killing in a PVP game is right either. I don't like getting ganked but it's all part of the game. Jmo

No because I love animals people I'm generally indifferent towards I have no empathy towards them. If I see someone hit with a car my reaction is pretty much "sucks to be them" unless it's someone I know, but a dog "NOOOOO"

Not everyone cares so the game shouldn't force that kind of thing.

How would it work anyway? Sometimes you're not even going to be sure if you did kill them just a case of spray a mag miles away -20 psyche points "I killed them woo!" or if you got no reduction then clearly you didn't kill them.

Bullets flying past your head or hitting walls behind you should do it to emulate the fear someone would feel.

I'm not arguing for a psyche bar in the game, but there's a vast difference between seeing someone get hit by a car and committing murder - even in self defense. Everyone does care...it's hard wired into our brains  -  even if they're ignorant of it until they commit the act  -  with the exception of psychopaths.  This is by definition, and seriously, if you think you fall into that group, seek help (i.e. if you really believe you would kill someone without remorse).

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mindmelding/201301/what-is-psychopath-0

I'm not arguing for a psyche bar in the game, but there's a vast difference between seeing someone get hit by a car and committing murder - even in self defense. Everyone does care...it's hard wired into our brains  -  even if they're ignorant of it until they commit the act  -  with the exception of psychopaths.  This is by definition, and seriously, if you think you fall into that group, seek help (i.e. if you really believe you would kill someone without remorse).

I'm mentally ill anyway negative emotions don't do much to me beyond depression when a family member dies I basically forget them, same with anyone I couldn't care less about someone I don't know dying there are billions of people anyway. So no not everyone does care.

Anyway that's off the point, have the devs ever mentioned anything like psyche being added to the game? I hope they've at least considered it. It'd be difficult not to go mad if you were constantly being attacked by zombies, shot at by strangers or attacked by wild animals your avatar would need to have the most extreme mental fortitude ever not to be going a bit crazy after days in Chernaus...

Shaolin monk level mental fortitude, maybe that's the story you're an enlightened monk sent to fight the undead in the underworld :lol:

This is one of worst idea I´ve seen, trying to punish PvP player for your own incompetence of defending yourself. Something like that can be really suggested just and only by bad player. Okay, right now I have around 58ppl kill streak, I get that by your system my character would be pretty much unplayable, so what I would have to do: wait for server restart, then ask my friend to kill me somewhere in east woods and protect my equipment till I get there to pick it up with newly refreshed character, it would slow me down, not stop me and of course than there should be system to punishing passive carebearers. Simply nope, if I am alright with killing ppl, my character should be alright with killing ppl. But if I feel joy when I sink axe in someones body and my character would be getting screwed because of it, well, it wouldn´t really be ma character, would it? What would be point of open world game if I can´t play it way I want and way it was originally designed?

Ou yeah: Rigor Mortis.. well, we are fine, believe me, we can actually function much more stable and efficient than other peoples, dead in family is great example, while rest of family need "week off" it really doesn´t affect us in anyway letting us work without any issues, I really wouldn´t want to get "rid of" (well actually it would be rather obtaining something, weakness) that. So keep your help for yourself.

Edited by Darke
  • Like 1

This is one of worst idea I´ve seen, trying to punish PvP player for your own incompetence of defending yourself. Something like that can be really suggested just and only by bad player. Okay, right now I have around 58ppl kill streak, I get that by your system my character would be pretty much unplayable, so what I would have to do: wait for server restart, then ask my friend to kill me somewhere in east woods and protect my equipment till I get there to pick it up with newly refreshed character, it would slow me down, not stop me and of course than there should be system to punishing passive carebearers. Simply nope, if I am alright with killing ppl, my character should be alright with killing ppl. But if I feel joy when I sink axe in someones body and my character would be getting screwed because of it, well, it wouldn´t really be ma character, would it? What would be point of open world game if I can´t play it way I want and way it was originally designed?

Ou yeah: Rigor Mortis.. well, we are fine, believe me, we can actually function much more stable and efficient than other peoples, dead in family is great example, while rest of family need "week off" it really doesn´t affect us in anyway letting us work without any issues, I really wouldn´t want to get "rid of" (well actually it would be rather obtaining something, weakness) that. So keep your help for yourself.

It's sad that so many people think like this.  Maybe you'll grow up one day.

Don't just say no, explain why. Be civil.

its.. just stupid. unrealistic and horrible idea.

• Like 1

It's sad that so many people think like this.  Maybe you'll grow up one day.

That is pretty pathetic answer for someone who disagree with you. But if this should be the way of discussion: Maybe YOU will grow up from being crybaby needing protection from everyone and everything.

Edited by Darke
  • Like 1

It may be stupid, but I believe he took a good thought in it before posting this.

Also the idea itself is not that stupid at all, it just needs a little work, some sort of mental health would be a good feature in dayz, it only should depend on other or more factors than just killing players.

Did you think about those other possibilities the ideas could have before posthing a simple "no"? I don't think so.

yes the suggestion need work - is only a all in ;)   and yes - it is directed against people, that have nothing to do but people from killing fun. thats normal that he come a simple NO ^^  what to do also other XD XD

and yes its total normal that a handful survivors has nothing more to do than to kill people or to torment ............  sure ......  too many see TV for low brains :(

Edited by Crusader78

Also i think being alone for a really long time not running into any people should also have effect on your state of mind. People are social animals, all of us so if you isolate them for a long time we all end up bonkers.. This could also encourage people to not jut shoot on sight and actually try to network and make connections.. making it less toxic for the more roleplaying type of player <-> the serverhopping bandits

Also i think being alone for a really long time not running into any people should also have effect on your state of mind. People are social animals, all of us so if you isolate them for a long time we all end up bonkers.

Again not all of us the only company I require is like a dog, I could easily live by myself as a hermit so why should I be forced to talk to people?

Player interaction should definitely be encouraged but forcing it like that is not the way, I don't want to have to run up to people and talk to them to have my character not go crazy when they're probably going to shoot me. Unless they also happened to be going crazy, they probably would.

Not entirely.

Losing psyche for killing people is the only thing really wrong with it, not sure if you read my above post but if it was like that or similar it could work, being a status that revolves around how you look after your avatar.

If you only have sugary drinks and spaghetti all the time you're going to be pretty shaky and unhealthy in real life, so in this game if you don't eat the right foods or drink enough you should have worse aim since you can't hold anything steady. And if you've been running around for hours you should be fatigued and have slow reaction speeds etc psyche should be an all in one status determined by many factors.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

Again not all of us the only company I require is like a dog, I could easily live by myself as a hermit so why should I be forced to talk to people?

Player interaction should definitely be encouraged but forcing it like that is not the way, I don't want to have to run up to people and talk to them to have my character not go crazy when they're probably going to shoot me. Unless they also happened to be going crazy, they probably would.

It was just a rough brainstorm, i agree i think you should not need to meet people in order to stay healthy, like you said having a dog count as company aswell or simply just keep your mind occupied at all time.. still think something like a moral bar can add a cool dimension to the game. In what form or shape that may be

It was just a rough brainstorm, i agree i think you should not need to meet people in order to stay healthy, like you said having a dog count as company aswell or simply just keep your mind occupied at all time.. still think something like a moral bar can add a cool dimension to the game. In what form or shape that may be

Yeah I would like something along the lines of that but I'm not sure what it could be, maybe you could start going crazy if you don't kill people often enough :lol:  kidding. Anyway that's another topic I guess.

I imagine they will add a stamina system sooner or later, running 20 miles non stop with 100 pounds of gear after eating a tin of beans is rather ridiculous. If your stamina incorporated your diet and overall health that covers most of what I want in the game as far as status effects go, maybe when you get shot at your heart races so you get tired quicker or something.

Getting shot at should have some sort of effect on your avatar anyway not many people are so hardcore that in real life they wouldn't crap themselves.

are you really trying to put real life mentality into a VIDEO GAME? and not all people have the same reactions to killing, especially in self defense; take it from a soldier. I have never thrown up got woosy or had any second thoughts about doing my JOB! telling people they need help is not your job so maybe you should back off; no one can say whats normal for others.... everyone is different.

are you really trying to put real life mentality into a VIDEO GAME? and not all people have the same reactions to killing, especially in self defense; take it from a soldier. I have never thrown up got woosy or had any second thoughts about doing my JOB! telling people they need help is not your job so maybe you should back off; no one can say whats normal for others.... everyone is different.

You seem to be having trouble reading -- I specifically stated I was _not_ for the psyche bar in the game and was referencing real life.

I too was a soldier.  Perhaps it is my job to recommend people get help.  Your assumptions are many about someone you have never met.

What I can say for certain is that many soldiers do regret killing people - even when their lives are on the line, and even if you don't.  What I was talking about here was a particular individual's indifference to human life.  He seems to think he could kill someone for no reason without any regrets -- that's where this conversation came from.  I'm not sure what caused the propagation of such an opinion, but it seems to be rather pervasive in our society these days.  I realize now that I'm just wasting my time anyways - I hope he kills all the bullies in his school and gets famous.

If I don't get it completely wrong, this idea's basic idea is to lower the number of kills between players, right?

I think, as soon as they start increasing the number of zombies (planned is by factor 3) and adding zombie hordes, the PvP aspect automatically becomes a smaller issue, because a PvP match inside a city (thats where they occur most of the time) will become much more difficult when suddenly a bunch of zombies join the party. Especially when they will be able to properly walk through houses and to go upstairs. Right now, zombies are no real threat to any player, even killing a zombie with the bare hands is no hughe problem for somebody who knows how to fight zombies. I think that is a reason why players seek their excitement in killing other players (yes, I've done it too). When walking through a city suddenly causes a player to fear for his life, because a zombie horde is running after him, he doesn't even have time for killing other players. Then it would rather be an awesome experience to fight the horde with some strangers who also are in the city.

If I don't get it completely wrong, this idea's basic idea is to lower the number of kills between players, right?

I think, as soon as they start increasing the number of zombies (planned is by factor 3) and adding zombie hordes, the PvP aspect automatically becomes a smaller issue, because a PvP match inside a city (thats where they occur most of the time) will become much more difficult when suddenly a bunch of zombies join the party. Especially when they will be able to properly walk through houses and to go upstairs. Right now, zombies are no real threat to any player, even killing a zombie with the bare hands is no hughe problem for somebody who knows how to fight zombies. I think that is a reason why players seek their excitement in killing other players (yes, I've done it too). When walking through a city suddenly causes a player to fear for his life, because a zombie horde is running after him, he doesn't even have time for killing other players. Then it would rather be an awesome experience to fight the horde with some strangers who also are in the city.

Yeah this is why losing sanity for killing people isn't needed, in due time PvP will be restricted to empty fields and forests. Although there will still be rooftops that could be a problem one guy could take a whole city since he has an army of zombies below him ready to attack anyone who shoots back...

Maybe the new crawling zombies should be able to jump up ladders? Imagine how cool that would be.