wullybee

Realistic gunshots (bullet damage)

No, I'm not talking about how it sounds or how it looks, I'm talking about the effect on target. Currently I feel that bullets just don't do enough damage at the moment. For example, yesterday I'm at the NWAF airfield and come up behind a player at the firestation. I have an AK47 and release a quick burst of fire (about 4 rounds) into his back. He manages to turn round and get off 2 shots of his SKS before going down. Thankfully they both missed. Now I know that server desync etc plays a part but the server had just restarted so the desync was minimal. Obviously I find this pretty annoying because realistically 4 rounds of AK into your back should be instant death, and even if you don't die there is no way that you're standing up, turning around and returning fire.

I have seen this sort of thing happening from the very beginning of this game and it really puts me off. We hear all the time that realism is key, yet this is one of the very fundamentals of gun play that is lacking. I simply do not trust that when I fire at someone that my rounds will kill him which leads to lots of automatic and sporatic fire which I really dislike. I prefer to fire single or double tap shots but a lot of the time this puts me at a huge disadvantage.

Does anyone else feel like this or have similar stories?

Thanks

Edited by WullyBee
  • Like 2

I read about a guy who got 2 grenades thrown at him (WW2) and buried one of them before it exploded. He survived it.

Jim 'something'

:P

Wow, I had two tabs open and I posted this in the wrong one. Lol. :blush:

Edited by EvilTigerAce

I hope the damage model will be tweaked.

For example shotgun is totaly broken, often just ruining somebody's clothing without hurting him.

Maybe it is because how items in clothing soak damage. Personally I would be happier, if 1 gunshot ruined just 1 item in every layer of clothing (jacket, tac vest) it passes,but still does full damage to the player. So if you get shot to the chest, only 1 item in jacket and tactical vest is ruined and you still hurt your target.

• Like 2

Sadly there is no double taping, if you want something dead you go full Rambo on them or risk "double kill" from your target.

I hope they add stopping power someday, so that for exemple when you hit running* target he will trip and fall on the ground etc.

Right now when people run and I hit them from mosin they are just like "meh, np it's just 7.62" and sprint away.

PS.

* and I hope ofcourse they add some stamina fatigue system so we will see people running only when under fire, and if not they will save energy by walking.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

No, I'm not talking about how it sounds or how it looks, I'm talking about the effect on target. Currently I feel that bullets just don't do enough damage at the moment. For example, yesterday I'm at the NWAF airfield and come up behind a player at the firestation. I have an AK47 and release a quick burst of fire (about 4 rounds) into his back. He manages to turn round and get off 2 shots of his SKS before going down. Thankfully they both missed. Now I know that server desync etc plays a part but the server had just restarted so the desync was minimal. Obviously I find this pretty annoying because realistically 4 rounds of AK into your back should be instant death, and even if you don't die there is no way that you're standing up, turning around and returning fire.

I have seen this sort of thing happening from the very beginning of this game and it really puts me off. We hear all the time that realism is key, yet this is one of the very fundamentals of gun play that is lacking. I simply do not trust that when I fire at someone that my rounds will kill him which leads to lots of automatic and sporatic fire which I really dislike. I prefer to fire single or double tap shots but a lot of the time this puts me at a huge disadvantage.

Thanks

The problem you've experienced is not related to damage at all but rather crappy (alpha-stage) server architecture and netcode. In your case even the first bullet could have killed your target but the damage was registered by the server only after a couple of seconds.

To put it bluntly, your target could already have (e.g.) -250% health before the server "noticed" it was even being hit.

Time from server restart does not matter.

Edited by retro19

i really would like a harsher damage model, right now 5.56mm and 7.62x51mm are way off damage wise

at least i dont think i could take 5-6 STANAG rounds to the chest and still run like a champ

hell, one round would leave me cryng on the floor, if i still was concious

• Like 1

I read about a guy who got 2 grenades thrown at him (WW2) and buried one of them before it exploded. He survived it.

Jim 'something'

It´s alpha /thread 

On a more serious note, if server is stable 2 akm bullets to the chest will kill you. But when you come from behind aim for the head maybe? 

I simply do not trust that when I fire at someone that my rounds will kill him which leads to lots of automatic and sporatic fire which I really dislike. I prefer to fire single or double tap shots but a lot of the time this puts me at a huge disadvantage.

I actually really enjoy it, your hands are sweating, your not sure if you hitting your target and sparying your ass off while knowing its your last clip. 

Getting a single clean shot to the head in a situation where you and the targets are moving and breathing heavily is and should be pretty impossible.

I doubt that things involved in gunplay are working as intended.  Also I think (feel free to bus my balls) that the quality of items affects the damage you receive. 

Im pretty sure one guy survived mosin hit in the head, thought he died but after couple minutes stood up and ran for cover before moved on to loot him.

Could have hit the shoulder too, dont know.

• Like 1

a) Only cowards and thumb suckers shoot people in the back. Fight with some honor, man.

b) Headshot. BOOM!

Edited by JubeiDOK

I actually really enjoy it, your hands are sweating, your not sure if you hitting your target and sparying your ass off while knowing its your last clip. 

Getting a single clean shot to the head in a situation where you and the targets are moving and breathing heavily is and should be pretty impossible.

I doubt that things involved in gunplay are working as intended.  Also I think (feel free to bus my balls) that the quality of items affects the damage you receive. 

Im pretty sure one guy survived mosin hit in the head, thought he died but after couple minutes stood up and ran for cover before moved on to loot him.

Could have hit the shoulder too, dont know.

I'm not talking about the distance between players etc though, if I'm point blank with a player and put a couple of 7.62 rounds into him, he should drop no matter what. Even with body armour on a person still falls over when hit by that round. I just don't feel the rounds in this game pack the punch that they should.

I'm not talking about the distance between players etc though, if I'm point blank with a player and put a couple of 7.62 rounds into him, he should drop no matter what. Even with body armour on a person still falls over when hit by that round. I just don't feel the rounds in this game pack the punch that they should.

still WTFing about that avatar picture.

reminds me of that 'over protective girlfriend' MEME.

She make you post that brah, or are you that excited to finally lose your virginity?

Your absolutely right, they dont.

They are going for arcadey not realism as we all know by the none proper calibers for weapons so do not, I repeat, do not expect realistic knockdown.