Sign in to follow this  
drasznic

DayZSA vs DayZ Mod - different shooting

Hi Guys!
      The thing about what i want to talk is diffrent way of shooting in mod and SA.

In mod when u shooting information about hits/shoots are going to server after bullet lands (no matter how laggy is server) so even if u have high ping you will hit your target just by proper shooting (like you will play in single).

In SA it's different. It's like after shoot, you are sending to server information that you actually shoot (gosh kill me for this english) and when server receive that msg the bullet starts. I don't know how it work when u got really low ping, but for me (70-100 ms) it's just broken for shooting at longer distance (300+). I tested it on high-population servers (30-40 players).
You can test it by yourself, stand 50-100m away from tree and try to shoot it (you need to know when bullets hits). You will see that delay between press fire and hit target is always different. I don't know if this is a server problem, or just my internet connection, but this is annoying for me (i'm "sniper" 90% of the game time). With this "problem" delay when i shoot from 300-400m is sometimes like shooting 800-900m in mod :(. I know that this delay is 0,5-1s but it's HUGE for longer distance.

Edited by Drasznic
  • Like 2

Hi Guys!

The thing about what i want to talk is diffrent way of shooting in mod and SA.

In mod when u shooting information about hits/shoots are going to server after bullet lands (no matter how laggy is server) so even if u have high ping you will hit your target just by proper shooting (like you will play in single).

In SA it's different. It's like after shoot, you are sending to server information that you actually shoot (gosh kill me for this english) and when server receive that msg the bullet starts. I don't know how it work when u got really low ping, but for me (70-100 ms) it's just broken for shooting at longer distance (300+). I tested it on high-population servers (30-40 players).

You can test it by yourself, stand 50-100m away from tree and try to shoot it (you need to know when bullets hits). You will see that delay between press fire and hit target is always different. I don't know if this is a server problem, or just my internet connection, but this is annoying for me (i'm "sniper" 90% of the game time). With this "problem" delay when i shoot from 300-400m is sometimes like shooting 800-900m in mod :(. I know that this delay is 0,5-1s but it's HUGE for longer distance.

Hopefully this is one of the things that will be fixed very shortly. 

I've tested this many times. Shots from 100m+ seem to always have different times to impact. On a 40/40 server i've noticed the bullet takeing as long as 2.5-3 seconds before reaching the target only 100m away

• Like 2

In addition, if someone has heavy desync and they shoot someone, the person getting shot at will die before the actual gunshot is propagated to the rest of the network bubble, leaving us wondering what the hell is happening until the shot sounds 5-10 seconds later.

Maybe someone from Dev team could answer about this problem.
Maybe there is a chance to make same system like in Mod.

• Like 1

And here it goes again. 
Today i was shooting to a guy from 20-30m(!) who was running straight. Zeroing - 50m, weapon - mosin, server pop - 38, pointing exactly where he will be in the next 0,1 sec and BAM! ofc i miss, when the bullet hit he was like 3-4 m away from pointing position (gg wp). Again the bullet starts 1s after pressing fire... 

and that's the improved netcode and messaging system, fellas.

People around here will probably say that this is a feature or something, and tell you to shup up cause "alpha".

Go play experimental you guys. New patch. Things were fixed. 

;)

• Like 1

I am playing now at experimental .46 and shooting zombies feels much much better then on .45

• Like 1