gibonez

Great Imgur overview of the upcoming weapon CZ 527

I mean.. do people really need to argue and bring up points like this?

There is a topic and most are not on it. 

I welcome the CZ.. Its getting boring having everyone that snipes at me miss. Maybe it will be accurate enough to hit things beyond 400m?

D2tUjU8.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/WOzz8

Only difference is the one in Standalone will be in .223/5.56 instead of 7.62x39.

So would this be considered a battle rifle since it has a clip? Idk just curious

I mean.. do people really need to argue and bring up points like this?

There is a topic and most are not on it. 

I welcome the CZ.. Its getting boring having everyone that snipes at me miss. Maybe it will be accurate enough to hit things beyond 400m?

As long as its a middle ground weapon and better than the .22 Sporter id consider using it as a bread and butter weapon.

So would this be considered a battle rifle since it has a clip? Idk just curious

It's a bolt-action, and it fires an intermediate cartridge, so no.

Although, the term "battle rifle" is fairly vague in certain contexts. But nowadays, it's pretty much meant to cover select-fire, mag-fed, full-powered rifle round weapons like the G3/FAL/HK417.

Edited by Katana67

Although, the term "battle rifle" is fairly vague in certain contexts. But nowadays, it's pretty much meant to cover semi-automatic, mag-fed, full-powered rifle round weapons like the G3/FAL/HK417.

Hmm ok, but im still hoping it holds up better than the .22 Sporter. That gun is a NIGHTMARE to use without clips.

Hmm ok, but im still hoping it holds up better than the .22 Sporter. That gun is a NIGHTMARE to use without clips.

They've said they're working on having loading individual rounds be a bit more intuitive. And I corrected my original post, I dunno why I put in "semi-automatic" vice "select-fire."

They've said they're working on having loading individual rounds be a bit more intuitive. And I corrected my original post, I dunno why I put in "semi-automatic" vice "select-fire."

That would be good considering most of the times i will find the gun way sooner than ever finding a clip for the damn thing.

Yeah, which will make the resupply, and therefore the use, of the supposedly rare M4A1 inconsequential if 5.56x45 has to be spawning elsewhere to supply the "common" CZ 527.

I'd rather they have the CZ 527 in 7.62x39, as it is not supplying the now-rarest weapon in the game in addition. They, in my opinion, should be leaving 5.56x45 to supply the NATO weapons and that's pretty much it (with a few exceptions).

Granted, this is a side-issue, but I'm not sure the M4A1 warrants being a crash-only spawn based upon how good it is, or what it allows the player to do. I'm not just talking about the fact that the M4A1 isn't any good now. I'm talking about it, as a concept, doesn't have as huge an advantage (if any in-game) over things like the SKS, AKM, and Mosin. By my own account, it's just patently worse than the first two.

So, the only reason I can see it being a crash-only spawn in the future is for posterity - in keeping the NATO spawns rare (which I support). But from a perspective of "making good things rare," it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it's modular, but that's only one part of what I believe should qualify something as a "rare item."

I guess this is all a bit academic at this point, pending the later balance of everything.

I would eventually like to see the Sig Sauer 556 in game. Its a very leathal AR and i think they have even come out with a Folding buttstock model of the weapon so you can fit it in your army pack easier. Tis a very nice Swiss weapon indeed.

I would eventually like to see the Sig Sauer 556 in game. Its a very leathal AR and i think they have even come out with a Folding buttstock model of the weapon so you can fit it in your army pack easier. Tis a very nice Swiss weapon indeed.

Definitely a cool weapon.

Might be a good, sort of, "police" assault rifle with a middling modularity capability. However, it's 5.56x45, so that might be problematic. But, I'd be okay if it were to supply mid-high end weapons. Just not low, middle, AND high-end weapons.

Definitely a cool weapon.

Might be a good, sort of, "police" assault rifle with a middling modularity capability. However, it's 5.56x45, so that might be problematic. But, I'd be okay if it were to supply mid-high end weapons. Just not low, middle, AND high-end weapons.

Heres the 556 swat. So you COULD use other AR mags if you had to with the weapon which is REALLY cool.

Heres the 556 swat. So you COULD use other AR mags if you had to with the weapon which is REALLY cool.

Yeah, I mean, if they were to put a SIG 550 in, I'd want it to not be all that modular/flexible in order to make it a "mid-range" assault rifle.

Like this...

800px-SIG550.jpg

Proprietary magazine is a big one. If it can take STANAG mags like the M4, then I don't see much point in adding it as a mid-range weapon if it's just going to be more flexible. But then again, I hardly think the M4A1 should be "high-end" by any means.

Mounting an optic (maybe a suppressor as well) would probably be the limit of what I'd want for this weapon.

Yeah, I mean, if they were to put a SIG 550 in, I'd want it to not be all that modular/flexible in order to make it a "mid-range" assault rifle.

Like this...

800px-SIG550.jpg

Proprietary magazine is a big one. If it can take STANAG mags like the M4, then I don't see much point in adding it as a mid-range weapon if it's just going to be more flexible. But then again, I hardly think the M4A1 should be "high-end" by any means.

Mounting an optic (maybe a suppressor as well) would probably be the limit of what I'd want for this weapon.

Yeah but i like flexible weapons. It gives you more options with what kind of weapons you want to use and for what situation. Granted every gun should not be like a Swiss Army knife i think there needs to be some rare guns like this with more leeway.

• Like 1

Kinda curious when it comes to assault rifles what else is higher in your opinion to say an m4 ?

The m4 seems to me like it should be the highest tier assault rifle in the game, its insanely modular and can work in a pinch in any role.

Yeah but i like flexible weapons. It gives you more options with what kind of weapons you want to use and for what situation. Granted every gun should not be like a Swiss Army knife i think there needs to be some rare guns like this with more leeway.

Oh I agree with you.

I'm just not sure I would personally pick the SIG 550 platform for that role.

Closest thing I could consider this in is a light scout rifle.

Kinda curious when it comes to assault rifles what else is higher in your opinion to say an m4 ?

The m4 seems to me like it should be the highest tier assault rifle in the game, its insanely modular and can work in a pinch in any role.

Modularity is only one aspect which would cause me to deem something as "high-end." Likewise, the modularity of the M4A1 is dependent on a variety of things. Chief amongst which, is the looting of a separate item to make it fully modular (i.e. the KAC RIS handguard). We've discussed this before, but the top-tier stuff that I'd like to see (with regard to modularity) wouldn't require one to loot an extra item (i.e. a rail system) to be fully modular. It would just be innately capable of attaching everything (a la SCAR platform).

There are other factors, like range, ROF, magazine capacity, stopping power (but for DayZ's concerns, "damage"), and all the traditional pros and cons of a weapon which should also factor in to deeming something as "high-end."

Also, the weapons which are "high-end" must also perform better than their "mid-low end" counterparts. And I really don't think the M4A1 is just patently better than an SKS, even if the M4A1 were better in terms of accuracy. It just doesn't offer that much of an advantage now.

I ditched an M4A1 w/ M68, suppressor, four mags, CTR stock, and MOE handguard the other day, for an SKS, whilst I was trying to find an AKM. And I felt more capable whilst using the SKS.

EDIT - Plus I don't really consider assault rifles, as a concept, to be "high-end." Now GPMGs, DMRs/BRs, and dedicated sniper rifles... sure. But not assault rifles. Because, by definition, they're mid-range.

Edited by Katana67

M4 being able to mount a suppressor will make it significantly better than any weapon that cannot. If you remember the M4CCOSD from the mod, it didn't have the stopping power of the M14/DMR rifle, but the silencer made it superior in many ways.

Having ammunition for the only silenced rifle (currently) spawn exclusively at heli crashes seems like the right move to me. Having a (likely) common weapon chambered in the same caliber is odd.

WTF is this another useless weapon. I bet the devs put a sniper scope on this like they did the AKM. Really!!!

It actually can sport a wide variety of scopes, so yes, it can. And what do you mean useless? These weapons are awesome, and I'm sure you'll be relying on these kinds of guns more than the AKM or M4 soon enough.

M4 being able to mount a suppressor will make it significantly better than any weapon that cannot. If you remember the M4CCOSD from the mod, it didn't have the stopping power of the M14/DMR rifle, but the silencer made it superior in many ways.

Having ammunition for the only silenced rifle (currently) spawn exclusively at heli crashes seems like the right move to me. Having a (likely) common weapon chambered in the same caliber is odd.

The suppressor doesn't even work, and you still have to find one, so that's not a good reason to warrant leaving it to crash sites. Plus, there will probably be more weapons, including rifles, that can accept suppressors in the future. Hell, even the AK-74M was shown with a suppressor, but I doubt they'll leave that one to the crashsites.

TIs' a good hobby. I approve, since I do the same myself, albeit with a shit bike because rent and bills are the ever encroaching monster that keeps me up at night.

Nah, I hate it.

Because I had three broken ribs and a scar on my arm. Got them in Switzerland.

Damn hills.

Guns that use 7.62x39 in DayZ:

SKS and AKM

Guns that use 5.56x45 in DayZ:

M4A1

That's why

You have a point. It may just be the that the only caliber i knew this came in, before this thread, was 7.62x39 and thus it just doesn't seem right for it to be in .223.

Although, the term "battle rifle" is fairly vague in certain contexts. But nowadays, it's pretty much meant to cover select-fire, mag-fed, full-powered rifle round weapons like the G3/FAL/HK417.

The Lee - Enfield is considered to be a battle rifle. Semi-auto or selectfire isn't what makes something a battle rifle. But you are correct in everything else. It is a very broad term.

*Magazine

The Lee - Enfield is considered to be a battle rifle. Semi-auto or selectfire isn't what makes something a battle rifle. But you are correct in everything else. It is a very broad term.

I mean, the SMLE may have been a "battle rifle" at the time (in the sense that it's a rifle used in battle/combat). But the definition shifted to something more concrete after the advent of the assault rifle (and intermediate cartridge respectively).

It's still vague, but it's vague in terms of what distinguishes a battle rifle from a designated marksman rifle. Often times, it's just the optics... or the way it's employed.

I think now, the SMLE is categorically not a battle rifle. Doesn't make it any better or worse, but battle rifle has now moved away from the "rifle used in battle/combat" definition to a "rifle with certain tangible characteristics" definition.

I mean, the SMLE may have been a "battle rifle" at the time (in the sense that it's a rifle used in battle/combat). But the definition shifted to something more concrete after the advent of the assault rifle (and intermediate cartridge respectively).

It's still vague, but it's vague in terms of what distinguishes a battle rifle from a designated marksman rifle. Often times, it's just the optics... or the way it's employed.

I think now, the SMLE is categorically not a battle rifle. Doesn't make it any better or worse, but battle rifle has now moved away from the "rifle used in battle/combat" definition to a "rifle with certain tangible characteristics" definition.

True. At one stage muskets could have been called "Assault Rifles" because their primary use was assaulting areas.(if they had rifled barrels)

• Like 1