Sign in to follow this  
WutIsUrPrblmM8

[HELP] 112555 [Beta] FAILED To Install Battleye...

Hello, I just got the DayZ mod today reinstalled with the new updates also the 112555 Beta Patch.

h5eDqaX.png

As you can see, I can not launch the game after new update. I've installed the update manually also. And replaced battleye server & client.dll files in both folders/ arma 2/oa.

I really need help, since I'm getting DayZ Standalone in 3 months. I'd love to enjoy this game right now until I get that. Thanks!

:/ I was also getting similar issue, right pain.

Goto your arma2oa_be.exe and double click, it should pop up a winow to give you options for user acount to use file for, leave as your self but untick to option next to it (cant remember what it said, something like unticking this may blow your machine into tiny bits...but worked fine though)

:/ I was also getting similar issue, right pain.

Goto your arma2oa_be.exe and double click, it should pop up a winow to give you options for user acount to use file for, leave as your self but untick to option next to it (cant remember what it said, something like unticking this may blow your machine into tiny bits...but worked fine though)

Didn't work, same thing pops up with the cmd error.

Didn't work, same thing pops up with the cmd error.

Do you even get an UAC prompt?

Do you even get an UAC prompt?

I don't know exactly what UAC Prompt is, but its opening in Cmd.exe

Edited by WutIsUrPrblmM8

I don't know exactly what UAC Prompt is, but its opening in Cmd.exe

You should see something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_7_UAC.png. If you don't please right-click on ArmA2OA_BE.exe, choose "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab and select the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox. Then try to launch the game again.

You should see something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_7_UAC.png. If you don't please right-click on ArmA2OA_BE.exe, choose "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab and select the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox. Then try to launch the game again.

I never got it, only before I had my game run administrator, but now its not and no updater thing went on, just that cmd thing pops up and thats it ;~;

I'm having this same exact problem... I need help I can't play this game at all. Please help!!

Please delete the following folder and then try again: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye".

Please delete the following folder and then try again: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye".

I didn't work, getting the same problem again

I'm pretty sure i fixed the problem. i can now start the game, so i call that a win. instructions are posted in the link posted by eraser1. but i will provide them here as well:

1.Delete your BattlEye folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Battleye.

2.Then uninstall BattlEye from your ArmA 2 OA directory E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye then run UnInstallBE.exe. It should delete a bunch of files from that folder, then say "BattlEye successfully uninstalled." Then just delete the BattlEye folder itself.

3.Go into your Steam Library, right click properties on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, go to the "Local Files" tab, then select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." This should run for a couple minutes.

4.When it's complete, hit "Play" on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, at which point it should bring up the BE installer wizard. At this point,
MAKE SURE YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS DISABLED!!!, then proceed with the installation of BE. After the wizard is complete, it should open a CMD menu showing "BattlEye has been successfully installed!" or something similar. DO NOT CLOSE THE CMD MENU!. After a few seconds it should start installing additional BE files, then once the entire process is complete, it will close automatically and launch ArmA 2.

These were originally posted by eraser1 and i give all credit to him, i did not create these in any way. it worked flawlessly and i thank him very much!

I'm pretty sure i fixed the problem. i can now start the game, so i call that a win. instructions are posted in the link posted by eraser1. but i will provide them here as well:

1.Delete your BattlEye folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Battleye.

2.Then uninstall BattlEye from your ArmA 2 OA directory E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye then run UnInstallBE.exe. It should delete a bunch of files from that folder, then say "BattlEye successfully uninstalled." Then just delete the BattlEye folder itself.

3.Go into your Steam Library, right click properties on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, go to the "Local Files" tab, then select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." This should run for a couple minutes.

4.When it's complete, hit "Play" on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, at which point it should bring up the BE installer wizard. At this point,

MAKE SURE YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS DISABLED!!!, then proceed with the installation of BE. After the wizard is complete, it should open a CMD menu showing "BattlEye has been successfully installed!" or something similar. DO NOT CLOSE THE CMD MENU!. After a few seconds it should start installing additional BE files, then once the entire process is complete, it will close automatically and launch ArmA 2.

These were originally posted by eraser1 and i give all credit to him, i did not create these in any way. it worked flawlessly and i thank him very much!

I'm hvaing the issue. I've done every suggestion mentioned above. Now the first time i launched the game. The cmd prompt said it succefully installed. And I didn't wait for it to auto close. So I exited out of it. Now, i've tried all these tips posted and cant get it to work. Any other suggestions. 

Having the same issue, even re-installed everything from scratch and it still doesn't work.

This has been an issue for a lot of people recently, from what I have read.

What I did (from this post):

Navigate to program files > common files > battleye and use File Assassin by MalwareBytes to delete the two files. One will require a restart. Once you restart, run Arma 2 and OA from Steam and they should update.

Fixed. (At least for me and many others.)

No need to delete anything. I had this same issue, tried multiple things then started going through the folders looking at the files. I went into the BEsetup folder, ran Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe  and it created a couple text files. Then I went back to my main arma2OA folder and ran ArmA2OA_BE.exe as administrator. This opened the same window as before but this time it said successful instead of failed. Make sure you don't close this window as a few seconds later it will finish up the install and launch the game. Launching the game normally worked fine after doing that.