Sign in to follow this  
iongaming33@aim.com

Armed Helicopters Are NOT Overpowered

But is it heli or how game work, rendering?

It is a rendering issue that is magnified with flying.

Its a problem easily avoided by not including helicopters.

• Like 1

I agree I don't think is need at all the helicopter. I would like to see a plane but small one no gun or bombs and you need runways for landing takeoff so is not practical and will stop server admin clan from dominate all the map because with a heli if you have you can see every player and camp AND STOP THERE with a plane maybe you see a car but by the time you land and travel to where you see the car the players have moved 20 km

PUT helicopter  what is breaking the game so few admins feel like a god is TERRIBLE IDEA

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™

They should remove the guns to fix the dispersion problems too imhirlo.

They should remove the guns to fix the dispersion problems too imhirlo.

How are those even remotely related ?

How are those even remotely related ?

Oh I thought we were doing the nonsensical thing of fixing problems by removing the thing instead of even trying, my mistake.

Lemme try again, they should just remove zombies since their ai/pathfinding doesn't work properly.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

Oh I thought we were doing the nonsensical thing of fixing problems by removing the thing instead of even trying, my mistake.

Lemme try again, they should just remove zombies since their ai/pathfinding doesn't work properly.

Now we are getting somewhere I would say yes until they are fixed.

Frankly though the LOD system will never be fixed and regardless of what they do it will always let you spot players from miles away even if they are in the middle of a jungle or forest. This has been the case with every game to date.

This is just a minor reason why not to add helicopters though plenty of other ones exist.

Didn`t read this entire thread ,but im all for choppers. No gunships though. I dont think they fit this setting.

News ,police chopper etc would be cool.  

Maybe an armed littlebird with miniguns as an end game goal.

Old russian tanks would be cool to.

I don't get the issue at hand. Transport heli's aren't god-like flying cannons which can kill everything in a certain radius. You've been playing too much CoD, if you think that's the case. You try shooting an M240 from a moving heli to a moving target, from a distance of 200+ metres. You won't even land a hit, even if the target is wearing a neon pink carnaval outfit in the middle of an open field. All you can effectively do is suppress him, which is exactly what those LMGs are for. 

Even so, guns aren't mandatory on choppers, why can't we just have a civ heli? 

Then, the finding bases thing. STOP HIDING YOUR BASES UP NORTH. I don't even need a heli to find your poorly hidden bases in the west, north and black forest. I hid my own bases in unusual spots. The result is, no looted bases, even with vehicles. Even hiding a car in an open field in a low traffic area is better than up north. You should also stop blaming choppers, since -as I said- I found a ridiculous amount of bases on foot, not even by car. 

The only real "issue" is the ability to transport players anywhere. But what exactly is the issue here? So what? It's just one of the virtues that come with owning a chopper.

Lastly, fighting over chopper spawns, searching for a chopper and everything added a lot of fun to DayZ. I'd hate to see that go. 

• Like 1

Luckily it's not going to go, as helicopters are confirmed.

collecting parts for a week and then fight for control of the spawn point? yes please. those were epic times.

also, fuck them Hueys, i want my Fat Lady back...

ZVS2heR.png

You can have your fat lady back, as long as the glass is fucking penetrable. God, the sky whale was so annoying to try and kill, even with a .50. Dat glass mang, dat glass. The only way to effectively hurt the sky whale was to shoot out the rotary system, and that wasn't easy, doable, but not easy. D:

• Like 1

snip

Dont get me wrong, Im all for it... harder the better.

But 95% of the current arma/dayz "bad ass" helipilots would go down in flames if even the TOH mechanics would be implemented. Even removal of autohover and trim would make them cry when they cant keep the heli stable.

Vortex ringstate is easily left out from game, speacially non flightsim like dayz... In dayz the level of skill needed to fly heli effectively, would be exponentially increased with TOH mechanics and would need for capable person, not just some random guy.

With keyb+mous combo its nearly impossible to counter torgues/throttle/trims with any kind of precision when its all or nothing from the controlls, specially rudder. If not really impossible, unpleasant and it looks awfull.

As said vortex ringstate is minor thing to introduce to this game...

Edited by Zeppa

i use a 6axis 3d mouse for Controlling helis in arma3!

3dconnexion spacenavigator pro

works like a charm!

Adding helo's are a mistake. I think some need to just install BF4 and be done with it.

If you are going to add flying vehicles, perhaps something like a paraglider, noisey, slow and vunerable

291343.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure on Choppers. I fear in the end a few entitled squads will own the whole server. So everyone stops playing and leave them alone. Fun?

Edited by en1mal

Adding helo's are a mistake. I think some need to just install BF4 and be done with it.

If you are going to add flying vehicles, perhaps something like a paraglider, noisey, slow and vunerable

lol, did you really think this true?

BF4,3,bfbc2,bfbc,2,1 what ever have nothing to do with this. It doesnt make it bf4 if they add variation to the game, thats just rediculous comment what ever your trying to say with it.

Same with adding high calibre rifles... doesnt make game cod.

All for it, add paraglider. Nothing wrong with that eighter... same with helis, nothing wrong. Its all matter of method how they are implemented.

Even if I personally wont even get access to flying one they should be ingame, If anyone is willing to make it work thats fine. Its not away from anyone.

What comes to the points about spotting shit and such, its has nothing to do with helis. Maybe they should fix textures and shit that it wont paralyze other features or restrict them...

People really need to think this from other perspectives than their own, be objective.

Edited by Zeppa

we Need high caliber rifles and helis! with Variation Comes longtime Motivation!

they could make them very rare! and there could be a mod where they are not so rare! everyone will be ok. and everyone gets what they want!

some People have such a negative attitude that good arguiing also wont convince them!

also:

what we really Need is:

Trains working

BEER KEGS

BEER TAPS

BEER GLASSES

Edited by brumey

then go and play arma2 mod and possible arma3 mods ^^  all this is in the mod ! because the ground game was a military game ! and DAYZ SA is this not !

my little point of view 

Edited by Crusader78
  • Like 1

I think some are forgetting that its going to be extremely rare to have a helicopter engine to spawn. I mean extremely rare, less than a .005% chance from what it seems they were implying.. Word gets outthat a helicopter is up on a server, whoever has it is going to have lots of fun trying to hide it so someone doesnt come and steal their engine. Every server is definitely not going to be having a helicopter flying around because of the difficulty it will be to get the parts.

That and i dont know where the OP got the idea that they will be armed helicopters but I didnt see anything said about them being "armed".

Thats one thing alot of people need to remember... People need to remember that just because things are easy to find now, thats not how its always going to be... Finding weapons easily, running around with 300 rounds of every kind of ammo, tons of cans of food, helicopter engines(when they are implemented). Once they balance the hive sometime around beta, all these things are going to become very very rare. The items I mentioned so far has been confirmed to be made very rare, im sure theres tons more items that will be as well.

Edited by cels

Non issue again. Heli's were fine in the mod. They will be fine here, especially if we get the more indepth simulation aspects instead of gamey shit.

Flying a heli is going to be hard and even if it's armed the gun is only really effective against another heli or suppressing a guy on the ground, since if we get a huey, the gunner is easily exposed and hovering for even a second to try and get a steady shot usually means your gunner gets shot in the face.

Or you could, say, maybe fix the game instead of removing an important element of the game. 

• Like 2

I liked the choppers that can atleast move people/gear around. 

Or you could, say, maybe fix the game instead of removing an important element of the game. 

What the hell sort of suggestion is that? Actually fix something? What utter tosh...

People really need to think this from other perspectives than their own, be objective.

Fine, you go first.

So you don't want cars then either, yes?

When cars become as complex to maintain and operate as helicopters then no, I wouldn't want those either.

addendum: An aircraft is a far easier tool to use to getting out of somewhere as you can cover huge distances in short times. In a car you're exposed to any blockages in the roads. In a chopper you have a birds eye view before you land anywhere.

Edited by Jexter

the-walking-dead-helicopter.jpg

Looks like there is some people flying around in a helicopter.. Guess The Walking Dead was one big sham. You don't see it for very long (As it crashes) but obviously the helicopter is being flown before the episode, given Rick is in a coma for a year or so?

And why did the chopper crash? Because it wasn't maintained. Who was flying the chopper, an Army chopper pilot from an army unit