Sign in to follow this  
clerk

Character wipes every time I switch servers/close dayz

After the new update for DayZ every server I join I have a new character. It is getting really annoying and unplayable now. I have already reinstalled DayZ and no luck it did not change anything.

No I do not. Everything is normal. Even once I rejoined the same server and my character wiped. It is just getting really frustrating to the point where I will uninstall the game.

• Like 1

same here, bought the game 2 days ago, since then every server i play is just a waste of time, i can play 5 hours or 5m, when i switch server, boom, all stuff is gone...

Just report the bug, a thread honestly isn't needed.

Edited by Stryker7x

Just report the bug, a thread honestly isn't needed.

yeah, sure, why a thread, isnt a good idea see if anyone else had this "little" problem that doesnt let you play a game that you bought 2 days ago...

Well, if everybody was creating bugreports (or add to an existing) instead of making threads, you'd see way faster how many people have this issue.

• Like 1

Possible related (but I doubt it).

"Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death"

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/200020-changelog-stable-branch-045124426/#entry2012490

This could be the Bug Report you need, please check or confirm as there may be other similar reports.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

Well, if everybody was creating bugreports (or add to an existing) instead of making threads, you'd see way faster how many people have this issue.

Exactly, thank you. 

Also, why does it even matter if we know how many have it? If we report it, it gets fixed. We the players don't need to track statistics here.

why does it even matter if we know how many have it?

That "you" was meant as "one", referring to the devs to maybe priorize it.

I fixed it by running the game in administrator mode.