Sign in to follow this  
TG ! Jimmy

US3481 Private Hive Is Open!

Fellow survivors,

In light of the recent issues with the Official Hive's hosting--I've created a private hive server.  If you're looking for hundreds of vehicles, free loot, added spawns, all kinds of awesome trinkets and gimme items...

Go someplace else.  This is the same vanilla you've always loved in US3480--so it's only modifications are in the way of bugfixes and security.  

You can connect with launch options -ip=162.248.89.129 and -port=2314 or find it in the browser, or click the gametracker banner!

Cheers,

Jimmy

b_560_95_1.png

• Like 4

Private hive... ? is this SA? How do you setup private hive servers?

**** nevermind, i did not see what area i was in.

Edited by shallowtech

Private hive... ? is this SA? How do you setup private hive servers?

**** nevermind, i did not see what area i was in.

There are still people that play the mod!  I swear, we exist!

:P

-Jimmy

There are still people that play the mod!  I swear, we exist!

:P

-Jimmy

Do you still have that server up? Damm did you guys ever hit it home with 3480. I would love to have that experience again.

• Like 1

3480 and 3481 both up and running :) 

Glad to see there's still some [mod] survivors out there!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Good to hear. I was looking into 3480, it's been awhile, and was about to ask you about it when I saw you posted this.

I hope I get enough time to kill hours here again.

EDIT: However it doesn't appear to be all that active like 3480. What's happened?

Edited by Diggydug

Good to hear. I was looking into 3480, it's been awhile, and was about to ask you about it when I saw you posted this.

I hope I get enough time to kill hours here again.

EDIT: However it doesn't appear to be all that active like 3480. What's happened?

The Official Hive is currently down, and being that the DayZmod Dev Team has no control over the hive or it's data...we're at a loss when it comes to the question of "what comes next?".  If at all possible, I will migrate the data into a private database, and reopen 3480 as a private hive that retains all of the old character data, it'd be a shame to lose it all.  Over 39,000 unique connections were made to that server throughout it's second life.  No clue how many from it's first life.  I'd venture a guess over 50,000 players have played in 3480, but maybe it has had a long enough run. Only time will tell...

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

The Official Hive is currently down, and being that the DayZmod Dev Team has no control over the hive or it's data...we're at a loss when it comes to the question of "what comes next?".  If at all possible, I will migrate the data into a private database, and reopen 3480 as a private hive that retains all of the old character data, it'd be a shame to lose it all.  Over 39,000 unique connections were made to that server throughout it's second life.  No clue how many from it's first life.  I'd venture a guess over 50,000 players have played in 3480, but maybe it has had a long enough run. Only time will tell...

Cheers,

Jimmy

It is a bummer situation, I have to agree. While 1257 was never as popular as 3480, I really enjoyed providing another place for the community to play and do my best at keeping script-kiddies at bay. Personally I feel like there aren't enough players left in the vanilla sphere to warrant running another private hive (for me). Anyway just wanted to say thanks for providing a good server and helping out with some advice. I guess the mod has had a fairly decent run and all the branched out modifications are more appealing to whatever player population still exists.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate, hopefully things pick back up, 3480's the most fun I've had on DayZ and the only server that kept me coming back.

Definitely was a good run but I can't say I want it to end either, even though my personal time to play has dwindled as well.

Whatever happens, thanks for maintaining it so well, I know many people appreciate it and just don't know how to contact you about it.

Edited by Diggydug

That's unfortunate, hopefully things pick back up, 3480's the most fun I've had on DayZ and the only server that kept me coming back.

Definitely was a good run but I can't say I want it to end either, even though my personal time to play has dwindled as well.

Whatever happens, thanks for maintaining it so well, I know many people appreciate it and just don't know how to contact you about it.

Ditto, thanks for everything Jimmy! Let's not end it!

Please talk with Tommy Geryon of 434 about setting up another hive! We only need 4 servers right now to support the current community. But I have no doubt that if we could somehow run a new hive well that we could rebuild the community in a big way.

The more I think about it there are many benefits to running a private, public hive. First, we can control exactly how many total servers are available so that some individuals can't effectively pay-to-win by purchasing a server connected to hive that serves as a private loot farm (used to drive me nuts how many people would script in high end gear in their own server just to log into 3480 to deathmatch).

It could reduce ghosting as well. Ghosting is predicated on an abundance of empty servers. For instance, if you're fighting in 434 in Elektro, you'd never log on 3480 to ghost because it is so busy and dangerous there. You'd never make it back to 434!  . . . some random thoughts.