Sign in to follow this  
exogravis

Charcoal from fireplace

Can we have the option to get charcoal from fireplaces other than charcoal tablet from looting

Edited by exogravis

----------_____________-------------

Maybe also minig it with pick axe from mountains, that would be cool.

Can we have the option to get charcoal from fireplaces other than charcoal tablet from looting

Maybe also minig it with pick axe from mountains, that would be cool.

You understand you can't find charcoal in mountains? It's just regular coal. And you get charcoal from burned trees/wood.

I think he also mentioned "tablets". And charcoal medicine has a whole different structure, it's medicine. You can't just eat burnt wood.

You could get charcoal from fireplaces as  fuel for your fire in the woods or house though.

• Like 1

Medicated Charcoal is different from Charcoal you get from a fire, it has too many impurities that could make you even more sick with its consumption. Charcoal Tablets are purified with a combination of chemicals to make them safe for the human body and further more are designed to aid the human body with bowel issues.

Alternatively I'm for scavenging Charcoal from a fire after its cooled and reuse it as a means to start a fire when dry combustible materials are low, a cooled down charcoal log, lights alot easier than a damp or wet full log, sometimes you don't even need kindling to start a fire with a charcoal log.

Additionally Charcoal can be scavenged and used as a water filtration medium, once Base building is in, I could see Charcoal being used as an ingredient for a Water filtration device, naturally it won't be as good as Activated Charcoal but it's better than nothing.

Finally, one last use of Charcoal I can see is Camouflage, don't have a mask to cover your face or exposed skin then make want home-made camo facepaint with Charcoal, simply take some charcoal and smother it on your face, great home-made camo makup for the Apocalyptic survivalist.