Sign in to follow this  
holyteal

2 Cool Suggestions DayZ for Dean Hall

[First suggestion] -> Add a body check option to players that is do-able only when the players get in this position: [http://i.imgur.com/xTxXOYB.jpg]. This could prevent bambis trying to hide a gun in their pants and could add some fun interactions between players. The body check will list all the items the player got in the notification section (just like you got wet etc. it will list every items here). Some items could be still invisible like a very rare foot holster [http://imgur.com/kLdJUMh] or things like that with a percentage chance to be detected of let's say 50% for example.

[second Suggestion] -> Normal players shouldn't be able to use the special vehicles only under certain conditions: add some rare forming books on piloting helicoters or tanks or planes findable only in some places. Thoses books will grant you the ability to use thoses vehicles at one condition, you must keep your character alive enough time for them to learn the book. So for example, you obtain the helicopter's training book, you right click on it and press "Start learning". At this moment you will have to wait let's say in real life 3 days before you can use an helicopter, so you must keep your character alive 3 days (even if you don't play dayz it still count as days are passing). So an helicopter pilot will be actually someone with a very valuable life, maybe players won't try to kill them but take them in hostage to avoid precious time lost learning thoses rares books or imagine all the cool situations it could add to the game. If you had for example two books, you can learn only one at a time.

Hope you enjoy thoses suggestions, i liked sharing them with you !

Edited by HolyTeal

Skills suck. Just make the game really hard, and add the ToH flight mechanics, and the issue will sort itself out.

They are planning on adding skills but it might not be for another year.

Really? Well I guess its inevitable since every game has skills  :(

Even if the book of skill idea is very nice in theory, in reality it is that such item will be duplicated by exploiters and that worry me.

Really? Well I guess its inevitable since every game has skills  :(

I hope it doesn't go to far, but simple skills that allow to craft more advanced items would be a little bit of helper against KOS tendency. You agree?

• Like 2

They are planning on adding skills but it might not be for another year.

umm, no thay are not. no skills.

I hope it doesn't go to far, but simple skills that allow to craft more advanced items would be a little bit of helper against KOS tendency. You agree?

How would skills or any reasonable game mechanic stop someone pulling the trigger when ever they like?