Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Zombiefication / Infection, PvE more survival

When your character is alive for more then 5 hours (for exemple, to not make it a overkill problem for newspawns) he could start getting infected, turning into a zombie (by living, eating and drinking in Z-virus infected Chernorus)

That could be cured/slowed etc. with use of antibiotics, by wearing gas mask (new item - gas mask filters) or respirator etc.

The idea is to add more survival element to the game for players that live long (exemple 5 hours), most likely have all the items needed to live in infinity, are armed to teeth and only way they can possibly ever die is to be killed by other players or bug/glitch.

Infection, zombiefication would add a survival PvE element that would motivate them to move around the map in search for masks, antibiotics, while strugling to not turn into zombie.

The process of infection/zombiefication should be slow to not be annoying ofcourse but should be there.

Hey there!

I don´t think it would be a good idea to make it time-dependent, more to make it a kind of infection like the food poisoning. Eat some fruits or something and get infected. Get hit by a zombie - get infected ans slowly turn. Have an open/unclean wound - get infected. That, in my opinion, would be the better gameplay then just turn into a Z without doing anything bad to your health.

This has been discussed many times over. We will be fighting off infection of all different sorts but zombification won't be one of them.

Not only are we survivors immune to the infection, the Devs have stated this isn't going to happen as well. 

This has been discussed many times over. We will be fighting off infection of all different sorts but zombification won't be one of them.

Not only are we survivors immune to the infection, the Devs have stated this isn't going to happen as well. 

I don't know why. It's easy to program. Ive got it in my ARMA 3 ZORT maps. When players die they become AI Zombies. In H1Z1 they will do the same. Walking zombies with all of the original players loot on it. Like Diablo Treasure goblins. Good mechaninc.

• Like 1

I don't know why. It's easy to program. Ive got it in my ARMA 3 ZORT maps. When players die they become AI Zombies. In H1Z1 they will do the same. Walking zombies with all of the original players loot on it. Like Diablo Treasure goblins. Good mechaninc.

Reasons already stated. *shrug*

I don´t think we need to go as far as "become AI zombie". Just get infected and die, nothing more, nothing less. It´s just like dying because of eating some rotten fruits or something.