Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Spider

Glitchy scopes.

Well, it's not scopes that are glitchy, it's just one in particular. The long range scope. When trying to shoot with it, you might as well just try to sniper with the god damn iron sights. It's useless to snipe now. No, this ISN'T scope sway, I promise you. It is a strange glitchy swing that teleports from one point to another. Just try using an LRS next chance you get and you will see what I mean, it sucks. I think it's because of the new update, because I had no problems with this until this version. I also don't have a broken arm or anything. I already tried giving myself morphine, re-logging, re-installing the game, etc. I just can't get it to work. Any feedback?

I've only encountered swaying with the LRS scope so far, which at times can be abit over the top - but nothing like what you're describing.

Well, it's not scopes that are glitchy, it's just one in particular. The long range scope. When trying to shoot with it, you might as well just try to sniper with the god damn iron sights. It's useless to snipe now. No, this ISN'T scope sway, I promise you. It is a strange glitchy swing that teleports from one point to another. Just try using an LRS next chance you get and you will see what I mean, it sucks. I think it's because of the new update, because I had no problems with this until this version. I also don't have a broken arm or anything. I already tried giving myself morphine, re-logging, re-installing the game, etc. I just can't get it to work. Any feedback?

It's a bug. Lol u reinstalled the game? What would that help.

It is a bug. Please consider reading what I posted over here :

Weird weapon shaking in 0.45

The sway doesn't consider field of vision and zoom correctly right now, so everyone who wants to shoot distant targets is screwed. Current FPS could play a role as well.

Also the way the weapon moves is not realistic, especially when prone.

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

It's a bug. Lol u reinstalled the game? What would that help.

In case it was a clientside issue, or a flaw in my game?

Its fixed in the EXP branch, just wait for the patch....

Is it? Hicks said they are working on that. Anyway, temporal solution: Bind 2 keys for "hold breath". Its currently bugged, basicly meaning this:

Holdbreath is a buff that provides less shaking. If you assign multiple keys to it, and press simultanously, the buff stacks, effectivly reducing any shaking to zero.

• Like 2

Is it? Hicks said they are working on that. Anyway, temporal solution: Bind 2 keys for "hold breath". Its currently bugged, basicly meaning this:

Holdbreath is a buff that provides less shaking. If you assign multiple keys to it, and press simultanously, the buff stacks, effectivly reducing any shaking to zero.

Are you serious? :o

I'm serious, I'm always serious. Look at my avatar! She looks stern :|

Edited by Khanarac

Was there an update for exp? because the sway was as bad as 0.45 for me yesterday.

@Khanarac

you know I love you dude but using and drawing a femal avatar + your signatur bugs the shit out of me for some unknown reason.

Ganz ehrlich, mach das weg -.-

Edited by TyrDaishi

Are you serious? :o

Maxes out at two - one button for each lung :P

• Like 2

Gotta give it a go when I get home. Thanks =)

On the topic of weapon sway: I think it's good they added some sway, but this is a bit much. When prone and using a bipod even an amateur could do a lot better than the current sway. And they should add some upwards/downwards motion as well. Well, we'll see.

They didnt add sway, its a bug. Also, its still there in experimental. Unchanged. It's so terribad that our sniper who once was in creepy love with his mosin and even brought it into buildingassaults now says "I'm kind of annoyed by this gun". - so sad :(

Edited by Khanarac

Nope. I have my Hold Breath binded to 3 keys ( f1 f2 f3) and have for many months now. I tried using 5 keys, but it still didn't work. It's a bug. Just wondering if anyone else has problems with it...

With the way the dev team works, that'll only be about a month or two. Sounds great! *rolls eyes*

EXP  is at 46 and it has no sway when not winded, I will shoot a video to show you..

Was there an update for exp? because the sway was as bad as 0.45 for me yesterday.

@Khanarac

you know I love you dude but using and drawing a femal avatar + your signatur bugs the shit out of me for some unknown reason.

Ganz ehrlich, mach das weg -.-

• Like 1

You can forget long range sniping at the moment.

I can´t even hit freaking zombies anmore.

i needed about 40 shots to kill a standing zombie at 700m

(dont know if he was really 700 away because hey who needs to see were your shots land /S)

• Like 1

I'm serious, I'm always serious. Look at my avatar! She looks stern :|

thanks, works like a dream :)

Been dreadful trying to compensate for it and practically made shooting from a distance impossible. Happily hit somebody from about 300m yesterday with the LRS. 

No it is not.

I guess this is slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Anybody else get the feeling that since the update, some weapons and long-range firing plain and simply sucks?

While everybody else is running around desperate to find an AKM or heli crash site, I've been getting into firefights with any weapon I could find, and gone on some hunts. Here are some excerpts of my experiences since the update

-Fired about 25 shots with the Magnum at a stationary zombie out of the firestation tower. Range about 120 meters.. Tried all sorts of bullet drop etc. Dumped the thing afterwards cuz it was no longer pristine...

- Double headshotted a stationary guy wearing a motorbike helmet with the Blaze (the first was a 100% aim). No hit. Then switched to SKS and hip-fired 5 rounds at him, all missed. Average distance 3-4 meters! The guy wasn't moving and I had no high ping or desync. What the hell????

- Fired two buchs with double-barrel (not sawed-off) at a guy. One at distance 4 meters the other POINT BLANK!!!!! No hit.

- Fired ten bucks with double-barrel (not sawed-off) at zombies moving up to me. Distance ranging from point blank to 3 meters. Three hits. WTF?????

- Fired about 5 rounds with the longhorn at a stationary zombie at distance of roughly 300 meters. Tried all sorts of range-finding. No hit

- Fired about 15 rounds with the SKS at a stationary zombie at a distance of roughly 300 meters with a worn scope. Tried direct aiming with zeroing at 300 and also aimed a few too high, too low, slightly left, slightly right. No hit.

- Fired about 10 rounds with SKS at zombies approaching me. I would say definitely 90% were clear hits, but I only scored three hits.

- Scopes jump about erratically although I am not injured but healthy.

Apart from that, I already had two encounters with zombies in the game where I got hit ONCE and immediately my riders jacket / green hoodie went from pristine to either ruined (riders jacket) or badly damaged (hoodie) and all the gear inside ruined.

The game has literally become almost unplayable for me. I wonder if I am just extremely unlucky since the update or if anyone else has noticed this. Because if the devs changed something to make shooting those guns harder, then that means that players wielding the M4 and AKM are the only ones with a chance at winning a firefight, whether at close range or medium range because they have high rpm and a lot of ammo (up to 75!!) in the gun.

EDIT: I have to add that before the update, and even on the latest experimental build, I did not have these issues when using the same gear. I once sniped a zombie at 400 meters with the SKS with just three shots, or shot a boar at 250 meters with just two shots. So it really isn't a lack of skill.

Edited by ColonelBurton