Sign in to follow this  
muldune

Word of warning about "Heavy PVP | Noobs are Welcome" server

at IP 216.155.140.112:2302

My friend and I were playing and ventured into a tiny town to learn how to set up fires and take advantage of the new craft system. The only other person in was "Capt. Ace," who was apparently the admin.

All of a sudden, someone starts yelling "HEYYYYYY" into the voice chat in an ear piercing pitch. After searching for the person, we decided it was probably a cheater and we better log out. A while later we logged back in, and there were several people magically behind us (keep in mind, only one other person was listed in the player list.) They began to threaten me and I shot them all. At this point, someone was screeching into the mic about having killed an admin, and if I didn't bandage him I'd be in trouble. I shot him instead and the server went down.

A little while after, we rejoined and they were all back there, I shot them again and was then banned from the game.

• Like 2

I am the friend that was in with him and, unbelievably, this did happen. We just want to warn people before joining this server.

and was then banned from the game.

You mean kicked?

You mean kicked?

It did say kicked, but every time I tried to rejoin it booted me back out with that message.

Well normally admins in Standalone are not supposed to have other powers then kicking and restarting server.

Unless this has something to do with source code leak or that was admin that also happened to using some kind of cheat engine.

Well normally admins in Standalone are not supposed to have other powers then kicking and restarting server.

Unless this has something to do with source code leak or that was admin that also happened to using some kind of cheat engine.

I'm not sure, but I am definitely unable to join the server again. It's just unfortunate. I was having a lot of fun learning all the neat new things added to the game, and it got ruined by a punk.

We decided it was probably a cheater and we better log out. "A while later" we logged back in, and there were several people magically behind us (keep in mind, only one other person was listed in the player list.)

I'm probably way out of the ballpark here, but it sounds like you left the server, ghosted around him, then rejoined before the previous logoff animation/wait time had finished.

(I know there are timers and whatnot, but this is possible- I've seen a 'ghost' of myself once before when I joined a server and it freshspawned me, so I relogged to make sure it hadn't just failed character loading.. Still a freshspawn, and I can see myself sitting down right where I logged off)

Congratulations on killing what sounds like a loot farmer admin, despite your chosen method.

(I know there are timers and whatnot, but this is possible- I've seen a 'ghost' of myself once before when I joined a server and it freshspawned me, so I relogged to make sure it hadn't just failed character loading.. Still a freshspawn, and I can see myself sitting down right where I logged off)

It happened to me too. I saw my clone still sitting there waiting for log out timer.

I'm probably way out of the ballpark here, but it sounds like you left the server, ghosted around him, then rejoined before the previous logoff animation/wait time had finished.

Congratulations on killing what sounds like a loot farmer admin, despite your chosen method.

No, first off it wasn't on a hive. Second, we logged out because I wasn't going to sit around and wait for a cheater to teleport around me. Once we realized it was someone cheating, we figured we'd come back later. It was seriously half and hour later or longer. Then they APPEARED around me. They weren't there when I logged back.

ETA: Maybe I'm not sure what you're implying, but the guy and his group teleported to us, in the middle of no where.

Edited by muldune

No, first off it wasn't on a hive. Second, we logged out because I wasn't going to sit around and wait for a cheater to teleport around me. Once we realized it was someone cheating, we figured we'd come back later. It was seriously half and hour later or longer. Then they APPEARED around me. They weren't there when I logged back.

ETA: Maybe I'm not sure what you're implying, but the guy and his group teleported to us, in the middle of no where.

Didn't mean to imply anything, if you say you're legit I see no reason to doubt it unless proven otherwise.

Perhaps you've found a new bug then, I haven't heard anything about players in the server not showing up on the player list and don't think that possible to hack due to being a server side list.

Edited by zeeabo

Didn't mean to imply anything, if you say you're legit I see no reason to doubt it unless proven otherwise.

Perhaps you've found a new bug then, I haven't heard anything about players in the server not showing up on the player list and don't think that possible to hack due to being a server side list.

Not sure, but I definitely know they were all players. They were screeching like banshees after they tried to rob me and I shot them all. They all took off in separate directions, then threatened me that if I didn't bandage one of them, I'd "regret it" because it's "against the rules" to kill the admin.

If you encounter an abusive admin or server, please do not post it here on the forums. We cannot do anything with these reports. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these servers. Please report them to the GSPs directly following the pinned Guidelines.

at IP 216.155.140.112:2302

My friend and I were playing and ventured into a tiny town to learn how to set up fires and take advantage of the new craft system. The only other person in was "Capt. Ace," who was apparently the admin.

All of a sudden, someone starts yelling "HEYYYYYY" into the voice chat in an ear piercing pitch. After searching for the person, we decided it was probably a cheater and we better log out. A while later we logged back in, and there were several people magically behind us (keep in mind, only one other person was listed in the player list.) They began to threaten me and I shot them all. At this point, someone was screeching into the mic about having killed an admin, and if I didn't bandage him I'd be in trouble. I shot him instead and the server went down.

A little while after, we rejoined and they were all back there, I shot them again and was then banned from the game.

Happened to me, nothing u can do about it. It's not against the rules.

Yes it is? "kicking for no reason"

They stated the reason for kicking me was that I "killed an admin." But I'll point out, the admin and his 'crew' teleported to me and tried to rob me, laughing like hyenas.

That is no valid reason. Killing is part of the game, you may not be kicked unless you abused in some way.

If you encounter an abusive admin or server, please do not post it here on the forums. We cannot do anything with these reports. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these servers. Please report them to the GSPs directly following the pinned Guidelines.

But what if they just want to warn us? I guess it is productive in this case.

But what if they just want to warn us? I guess it is productive in this case.

I definitely appreciated the link, though, because I did just report them. However you're right, I was hoping to warn others, and now it's the first Google result when you search for their server. While it may seem petty, as an older veteran of multiplayer games, I'm seeming a very unfortunate rise in abusive admins. When I started back on BBS communities, the concept of "cheating" was not only nearly unheard of, it was universally condemned.

I think part of this was that to build a computer capable of playing multiplayer games (you didn't just go in and buy a computer back in the day,) and to understand how to even connect without a server browser, you had to be interested in computers as a hobby. As such, the community was way tighter.

Now there's lots of punks and no real sense of community.

Edited by muldune